You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RB Leipzig (A) UCL - Tues 16th Feb 2021 at 20:00

TheDrowningMan

Henderson in defence again....

Sigh.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Kabak, Henderson, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Jones, Thiago, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, Origi, Davies, R. Williams, Phillips, Cain, Clarkson, N. Williams.

The European games feel even worse than the league without crowds.

We are used to quiet atmospheres and flat crowds for league quite often (although of course not as bad as these empty grounds)

But Europe is mostly different especially as the competition builds to a climax, there is a different feel, more of a buzz...it really just isn't even nearly the same like this.

And now we even have fucking neutral venues in use.

It just feels empty, like it does not matter - it has lost that special feeling.

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Sigh.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Kabak, Henderson, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Jones, Thiago, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, Origi, Davies, R. Williams, Phillips, Cain, Clarkson, N. Williams.

Another 65 mins of Curtis, strutting round like a peacock, breaking into a really slow jog every few minutes. Someone needs to tell him it’s proper football and not ‘walking football’. Would much rather Shaq. 

1 minute ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Another 65 mins of Curtis, strutting round like a peacock, breaking into a really slow jog every few minutes. Someone needs to tell him it’s proper football and not ‘walking football’. Would much rather Shaq. 

Until we get our midfield back things are gonna be really tough.

Stephen Warnock on BBC “I think out of fairness they should have the second leg at a neutral ground too...I mean what’s the point in all this, no fans and now you don’t play at either teams own stadium either ? It’s just sterile shite to appease Uefa and TV companies  

Fuck me and certain people wanted to put an asterisk next to our league title last season even though it turned out we had enough points before lockdown to have won it .

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Sigh.

With Fabinho still out, I dont think it's a surprise that Henderson is used again as a CB. No chance Klopp was throwing in Phillips alongside Kabak or Davies for this one. A bit of seniority is needed there to help.

Reckon when Fabinho does return, we would see Henderson return to midfield.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Stickman said:

Stephen Warnock on BBC “I think out of fairness they should have the second leg at a neutral ground too...I mean what’s the point in all this, no fans and now you don’t play at either teams own stadium either ? It’s just sterile shite to appease Uefa and TV companies  

Fuck me and certain people wanted to put an asterisk next to our league title last season even though it turned out we had enough points before lockdown to have won it .

Didn't last 8 on last season end up as 1 leg at a neutral venue?

Makes a mockery of what comp is about.

They really should have just jibbed European and International footy off until the world is back to some sort of normality.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

With Fabinho still out, I dont think it's a surprise that Henderson is used again as a CB. No chance Klopp was throwing in Phillips alongside Kabak or Davies for this one. A bit of seniority is needed there to help.

I think you are right, but i think what we all want to see is two centre halves playing at centre half and Hendo and Fabinho restored to our midfield.

Probably gonna be next season now before do, but until we do i feel things are gonna continue to be tough....as clearly the combined knock on effect is killing us.

I'd actually personally now just to see our midfield back rather see Phillips/Kabak.

The bigger issue of course is us just not sorting it when we have had 3 months to do so.

14 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Just keep the tie alive for the home game, they won't be able to handle a European second leg night at Anfield.

Jesus wept, that bench, why on earth two keepers!

Haven't they already said that the 2nd leg is likely to be played at a neutral venue as Leipzig won't be allowed to enter the UK?

3 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

I'd be amazed if (barring more injury problems) one of Fab and Hendo aren't required to play CB for every game unless one of the CBs look so good that they can be trusted to continue their good form and take over organising the defence.