You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Band Tournament - Semi Finals - Creedence Clearwater Revival vs The Byrds

Bjornebye

US Band Tournament - Semi Finals - Creedence Clearwater Revival vs The Byrds  

43 members have voted

1. 1. US Band Tournament - Semi Finals - Creedence Clearwater Revival vs The Byrds

• Creedence Clearwater Revival
    • The Byrds

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/09/20 at 08:26

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Yeah no point in that. Might do a non-UK/USA one for bands but next I was going to do Male Solo Artists that should see Elton John walk it..... 

I’ve got an idea for a non-UK or USA one. So any non-UK or USA bands AC/DC, U2 etc... also any mixed bands that didn’t make the UK or USA one such as Fleetwood Mac and duos like Simon and Garfunkel. 

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’ve got an idea for a non-UK or USA one. So any non-UK or USA bands AC/DC, U2 etc... also any mixed bands that didn’t make the UK or USA one such as Fleetwood Mac and duos like Simon and Garfunkel. 

Yeah not a bad shout. AC/DC v Fleetwood Mac final. Might throw Oasis,  Journey and The Eagles in as well. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Yeah not a bad shout. AC/DC v Fleetwood Mac final. Might throw Oasis,  Journey and The Eagles in as well. 

So we could have the following tournaments left:

Non UK/USA bands plus duos 

Solo Artists 

Hip/Hop one - could be solo artist and bands combined or just one or the other 

Motown type one. Could see Mook losing his shit over the parameters of who can and can’t enter that one

Any others?

For the solo one are you thinking of including the likes of McCartney and Lennon or you ruling them out because they’ve been in The Beatles?

3 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

So we could have the following tournaments left:

Non UK/USA bands plus duos 

Solo Artists 

Hip/Hop one - could be solo artist and bands combined or just one or the other 

Motown type one. Could see Mook losing his shit over the parameters of who can and can’t enter that one

Any others?

For the solo one are you thinking of including the likes of McCartney and Lennon or you ruling them out because they’ve been in The Beatles?

I'll add them probably but maybe I'll start a thread for people to add their 5 choices then add them up. I dont want the same kick offs as last time. 

3 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

One of the favourites but I think there are others that will challenge them. You’ve got to include them in one category or the other. 

Who, Fleetwood Mac? Mate, if they even look like losing I’ll go full Code. I’ll open up parallel dimensions if I need to. 

22 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

CCR are walking this semi final. 

Fucking nuts.

Hugely influential pioneers of both folk-rock and country-rock (with a nice little sideline in psychedelia) are being trounced by a decent, but comparatively limited, band.

American music in the late 60s and 70s would basically sound the same if CCR had never existed; The Byrds carved paths that loads of others followed.

29 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Would be an argument for including Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac and Buckingham Nicks era Mac as separate entrants.

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Nah, let’s do another one. Poltics threads aside, which I can’t be arsed with due to all the bickering, the GF would be relatively quiet without the tournament threads.

Then change the record, man, and do one about something else

6 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I've enjoyed the tournaments, but maybe give another music one a break for a couple months

With all the negativity about mate I think these tournaments have been a very welcome distraction and I'm saying that as someone who enjoys voting not as the organiser. 

I could do something different to music for the next one if you have any suggestions. Favourite UK roundabout ? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

With all the negativity about mate I think these tournaments have been a very welcome distraction and I'm saying that as someone who enjoys voting not as the organiser. 

I could do something different to music for the next one if you have any suggestions. Favourite UK roundabout ? 

Fair play for doing the organising, the GF hasn't changed when it comes to relentless whinging, was exactly the same when I did the Animal tournaments 12+ years ago. 

And the recent music tournaments have been good but would benefit from a break,  keep your audience wanting more and all that. 

Just now, Remmie said:

Fair play for doing the organising, the GF hasn't changed when it comes to relentless whinging, was exactly the same when I did the Animal tournaments 12+ years ago. 

And the recent music tournaments have been good but would benefit from a break,  keep your audience wanting more and all that. 

Well demonstrated.