Quantcast
Greatest Ever US Sitcoms Round 1 - 3rd Rock From the Sun vs The Office - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Greatest Ever US Sitcoms Round 1 - 3rd Rock From the Sun vs The Office

Greatest Ever US Sitcoms Round 1  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Ever US Sitcoms Round 1

• 3rd Rock From The Sun
    • The Office

What the list should be:

1. 3rd Rock From the Sun
  2. The Office
  3. Community 
  4. Cheers
  5. 30 Rock
  6. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  7. Arrested Development
  8. Frasier
  9. Seinfeld
  10. The Phil Silvers Show
  11. It’s always sunny in Philadelphia 
  12. The Larry Sanders show
  13. Curb Your Enthusiasm
  14. Friends
  15. Parks & Recreation 
  16. M*A*S*H
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Stig loves it more than It's Always Sunny

Just surprised he didn't pick the Cosby show 

I haven't seen the majority of these so I can't say, obviously seen a few old ones but they don't count I suppose, as for Friends fuck me that's shite for what little I've seen of it. 

I love the US Office, the first series isn't great because they stick too closely to the UK formula, then it went off and did its own thing and it was fantastic in its own way. And they had brilliant guest stars.

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

What the list should be:

1. 3rd Rock From the Sun
  2. The Office
  3. Community 
  4. Cheers
  5. 30 Rock
  6. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  7. Arrested Development
  8. Frasier
  9. Seinfeld
  10. The Phil Silvers Show
  11. It’s always sunny in Philadelphia 
  12. The Larry Sanders show
  13. Curb Your Enthusiasm
  14. Friends
  15. Parks & Recreation 
  16. M*A*S*H

In my opinion, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Golden Girls, Taxi, Happy Days, The Adams Family and The Munsters also deserve to be included. 

I quite liked 3rd Rock when I was a kid. Haven't seen it for at least 15 years, no idea if I'd like it now.

Couldn't get into The Office US at all.

6 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

In my opinion, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Golden Girls, Taxi, Happy Days, The Adams Family and The Munsters also deserve to be included. 

Fuck I forgot Happy Days. 

FUCK 

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I quite liked 3rd Rock when I was a kid. Haven't seen it for at least 15 years, no idea if I'd like it now.

Couldn't get into The Office US at all.

I’ve never bothered with The Office US on account of not liking the British version. Perhaps this is because I’ve never had an office job, but then again, I love Fawlty Towers despite never having worked in a hotel.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve never bothered with The Office US on account of not liking the British version. Perhaps this is because I’ve never had an office job, but then again, I love Fawlty Towers despite never having worked in a hotel.

I think I didn't like the US version of the Office for the same reason I've struggled to get into Veep (US version of The Thick of It). Expectations were too high having seen the British version. 

I do generally think that the UK is much better at programmes that are supposed to be funny with some serious bits, whilst the US are better at the opposite.

20 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

The Golden Girls is one of the most depressing programmes that has ever existed. 

1 minute ago, Sugar Ape said:

The Golden Girls is one of the most depressing programmes that has ever existed. 

I’m not a fan of The Golden Girls or The Mary Tyler Moore Show myself, but both regularly make best Americans sitcoms lists.

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m not a fan of The Golden Girls or The Mary Tyler Moore Show myself, but both regularly make best Americans sitcoms lists.

It’s only highly rated on some lists because they say it’s groundbreaking for being female led and featuring elderly people, completely missing the fact that it’s a crime against humanity. 

Even my Nan wouldn’t watch it and she used to make me watch Little house on the prairie. 

Like most on here, the UK version of The Office is preferred to the US version. John Lithgow was brilliant in 3rd Rock..., and it was in the right TV slot back then (early evenings).