You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

10 hours ago, Jennings said:

Wasn't sure where to post this but kinda wanted to post for cathartic reasons as well as seeing what people on here thought.

I really wanna shout this from the highest mountain - but is it even news? Sorry it's a bit garbled...

I got a call yesterday morning that a close family member has had a stroke.

He is <60.

Worked all his life.

Served in the forces.

Serves his local community. 

He was discovered on the floor by his teenage son..

His teenage sons had to carry his 6' 4" solidly built frame, from the upstairs bathroom, where they found him at 2AM, to their car and drive him to hospital because the ambulance was going to be a two hour wait. They don't live out in the sticks. They live three miles from the hospital. That's a 2 hour wait for someone who has had a stroke.

This is fucking outrageous. It's what you'd expect would need to happen in developing countries. This isn't the result of bad clinical management or short-term capacity issues. It's the result of political decisions. This is by design. This is the level of service the government want.

I asked a paramedic whether it was like this before this government got in - to test my aging memory. He said 'no chance'. There would have been an enquiry into this 15 years ago - it would have gone through the ambulance station like wild fire.' 

BTW...for any forumites who are about that age and worried about a similar thing happening to them...I asked the paramedic what advice he would give to me and my family who were about the same age. I was expecting a list of ideas, activities and medicines. His reply - "Enjoy life.". He didn't mean anything political. He just meant anything can happen. So stop worrying and enjoy yourself. 

My dad had another stroke on Friday.

He was home alone and phoned the emergency services, they said 4 hours but during the call his speech went and they turned up sharpish..

Thankfully he's okay now as it was a mini-stroke but it's the 3rd he's had this year (worrying) the first time he waited about 2 hours and the 2nd one I was at his house so took him to the hospital.

It's a complete shit show, unless you have someone to take you to the hospital you're fucked.

• Upvote 11

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

My dad had another stroke on Friday.

He was home alone and phoned the emergency services, they said 4 hours but during the call his speech went and they turned up sharpish..

Thankfully he's okay now as it was a mini-stroke but it's the 3rd he's had this year (worrying) the first time he waited about 2 hours and the 2nd one I was at his house so took him to the hospital.

It's a complete shit show, unless you have someone to take you to the hospital you're fucked.

Bloody hell. Hope he recovers well mate. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

“Always tell them to fuck off and if they have the bollocks come and see me”

I bet this snide little twat has never been in so much as a minor scuffle. Someone needs to clock him. 

Definitely. He'd shit himself if faced with aggression.

I’ve met him briefly, he’s even more awkward in real life. Proper slime ball. Tory to the bone. 

Looking forward to PMQ’s later, eh? Starmer will ask six questions about Williamson and Sunak will answer none of them apart from repeating that Williamson resigned from the cabinet and that’s the end of the matter. 

Senior civil servants at the Ministry of Justice were offered “respite or a route out” of the department when Dominic Raab was reappointed last month, amid concerns that some were still traumatised by his behaviour during a previous stint there.

Several sources told the Guardian that about 15 members of staff from the justice secretary’s private office were taken into a room where departmental officials acknowledged they may be anxious about his behaviour and gave them the option of moving roles.

Some of the civil servants were said to have been in tears during the meeting and several subsequently decided to move to other positions in the department, with one thought to be considering leaving entirely, although sources suggested a couple of staff had since returned.

It is also understood that Antonia Romeo, the MoJ permanent secretary, had to speak to Raab when he returned to the department to warn him that he must treat staff professionally and with respect amid unhappiness about his return. One source, who was not in the room at the time, claimed she had “read him the riot act”.

On 11/11/2022 at 20:52, an tha said:

Well done to each and every one of the tory bastards....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63596773

On 11/11/2022 at 21:05, littletedwest said:

Thank god for our brexit opportunities 

I was gonna say they've unaccountably managed to miss the fucking massive red, white and blue elephant in the room. The Guardian have produced a few articles recently where the Brexit disaster is completely glossed over too, it's very odd (although one of them was by Larry Elliott, who supported Brexit).