You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PFA Awards

Thoth

44 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Sorry if already mentioned. Andy Robertson got a PFA award for community work. 

EFC fume alert.

No, I hadn’t seen that. I always liked Andy.

I did try to watch the ceremony on YouTube but they really are so dull, aren’t they

10 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Wasn’t anything to do with Liverpool. The football writers always pontificate over their award while adding a big spoonful of pomposity in citing matters of character and morality as significant. The players just tend to go for whoever’s been the best player in the country, understanding the clue’s in the title.

Sterling’s been given shoddy treatment by the media the past few years and this lot were always going to give him it to show just how bloody progressive they are. I should say by the way, he’s a superb footballer, has worked on his main weakness and had a brilliant season. I just don’t think he’s been anywhere near as good a player as Van Dijk and that the deciding factors in them going for him were predictably politics and Tony’s favourite n word.

I wonder if the football writers feel embarrassed by the shite thrown around by the hacks who fill the rest of their papers; maybe some of them wanted to give it to Sterling by way of an apology.

For what it's worth, I think his form has improved a lot this season and the way he has called out the snide racism of the rags has been spot-on.  I just don't think he's been the league's best player.  Van Dijk towers over him metaphorically as much as he does literally.

9 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Sorry if already mentioned. Andy Robertson got a PFA award for community work. 

EFC fume alert.

A full-back who helps keep 20 clean sheets, conceding only 20 goals, while being the league's 4th best supplier of assists (after Fraser, Hazard and Eriksen).  And he's a sound bloke.  

£8m well-spent.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/community/348169-andy-robertson-named-pfa-community-champion

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I wonder if the football writers feel embarrassed by the shite thrown around by the hacks who fill the rest of their papers; maybe some of them wanted to give it to Sterling by way of an apology.

For what it's worth, I think his form has improved a lot this season and the way he has called out the snide racism of the rags has been spot-on.  I just don't think he's been the league's best player.  Van Dijk towers over him metaphorically as much as he does literally.

Agree with all of that. 

Can’t help finding the general air of the writers award to be comically self-important - a long-term view, especially regarding all that example and precept bollocks - but don’t say any of this to downplay the ill-treatment of Sterling by lots of genuinely nasty cunts or how well he’s reacted to it.

13 hours ago, John102 said:

I camt remember if i rated him or not. I do remember these was a poll and it was something like would you swap Coutinho for Allison and Virgil.

I remember voting no and thinking the idea was quite ridiculous.

I guess technically i still do.

Keita and Virgil... I created that thread.