You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (A) 4/2/19 - Match Thread

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, RoboRiise said:

But how many of those missing players are coming back any time soon?  Gomez isn't coming back until the end of the month at best, TAA isn't back in full training until next week and 'back in full training' doesn't mean match-fit, Lovren may be shit but he's a CB who is capable of having adequate games, he's not back for weeks apparently.  We've got fuck-all cover and we can't assume that we aren't going to pick up any more injuries especially when the CL kicks off again and we start to play more regularly.

I'm not throwing the towel in but it's hardly all wine and roses either.

You can see the looks on the players faces. They just know they don't have a hope with the shit in defence so what's the point. 

I suppose we should bear in mind that City lost to the 4th bottom team last week.

They'll twat Everton tomorrow of course, but that will be as much about Everton not showing up at all.

There will be other banana skins for City later.

We just need to concentrate on going 3 points clear again on Saturday.

A win, especially while our wheels are spinning quite a bit, is all we can hope for.

We went a point further ahead against Leicester, at the time... and, for now, we went a point further ahead tonight.

We've still only lost once....

I'm optimistic we'll be more assertive against Bournemouth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Isn’t the first time, and we are well in it still. I used to get incredibly angry as a kid, when we actually won titles, a silly loss that meant nothing had me upset for days.

Also when we stopped winning things it could ruin my work week.

Last decade I say so be it. 

Liverpool Football Club, Jurgen Klopp and the obscenely paid players will probably lose a lot less sleep than most on here.

Yeah I'm far more level-headed now than I was watching us lose out to United as a 15 year old in 08/09.

But I can't abide bottlers, and right now to me it looks like we are bottling it. That to me is what makes it so hard, playing to our maximum and being outclassed by a better City team would be much more bearable.

Still top. Still 3 points clear. Our wobble has led to 2 draws and 2 defeats, one of which didn't cost points because it was in the FA cup. We can get right back on it with a big win. It's still on you slags. You have every right to feel disappointed we have let 4 points slip but everyone takes a wobble sometime. This is our wobble. Wibble. 

Worth a carrot, a shiny tasty one or an ageing one with dark bits

Allison, TAA, Robertson, VVD, Gomes, one of Matip or Lovren as 4th choice.

Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Henderson, AOC, jury out on Keita and Grujic. Milner will go.

Mane, Salah, Firmino, Shaqiri.

Some promising young lads, Wilson, Jones, Brewster etc etc

Not worth a carrot, even a shitty one on a stick. For differing reasons.

Mignolet, Moreno, Clyne, Lallana, Sturridge, Origi.

Required shiny or marked carrots

Keeper, Centre Half, Left Back, Right Back, Attacking Mid/ Winger, Striker.

Dice em slice em or julienne. 

Ah well 3 points clear at the top in early Feb. No cunt expected it so fucking calm down. 3 points Saturday then a 10day break before Bayern. Trent wijnaldum possibly Ox back. We’ll take this to the wire. City have got a lot of football to play. They won’t keep winning like others think.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

Yeah I'm far more level-headed now than I was watching us lose out to United as a 15 year old in 08/09.

But I can't abide bottlers, and right now to me it looks like we are bottling it. That to me is what makes it so hard, playing to our maximum and being outclassed by a better City team would be much more bearable.

I think some are not dealing with it but don’t be surprised to see a reaction.

Get a lot of stick and react, if they don’t then, bye bye.

1 minute ago, corro said:

Ah well 3 points clear at the top in early Feb. No cunt expected it so fucking calm down. 3 points Saturday then a 10day break before Bayern. Trent wijnaldum possibly Ox back. We’ll take this to the wire. City have got a lot of football to play. They won’t keep winning like others think.

Hope we are going deep into russia doing some Rocky training in there. 

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Still top. Still 3 points clear. Our wobble has led to 2 draws and 2 defeats, one of which didn't cost points because it was in the FA cup. We can get right back on it with a big win. It's still on you slags. You have every right to feel disappointed we have let 4 points slip but everyone takes a wobble sometime. This is our wobble. Wibble. 

City have wobbled also, but in the CP and Newcastle games they were undone by bits of individual brilliance and some bad luck.

I didn't see any of the panic or hopelessness that we've shown in the last two games. That's what worries me most.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I think some are not dealing with it but don’t be surprised to see a reaction.

Get a lot of stick and react, if they don’t then, bye bye.

I think a lot of our second string were gone in the summer regardless of where we finish this year. The likes of Mignolet, Sturridge and Origi are on borrowed time.

We can't sell everyone, but there don't seem to be many in this squad who aren't moping with their heads down. Robertson, VVD and Mane seem to be the only exceptions. Even Klopp looked sad and defeated toward the end of the first half.

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Sallah is starting to get that Torres/Suarez miserable boat look of star player who stops performing so we stop winning, and he eventually moves on because we're not in fact - winning. 

Suarez never stopped performing. And the club and team was in a completely different state then. He may move on at some stage, but the way things are being run at the moment we’ll be able to handle it.

The lack of running off the ball and sideways passing because all our midfield and forwards are static or strolling around up front is the most worrying part about the last two games. We’re crying out for some dynamic forward runs, it’s just far too easy for defences to sit deep and hit us on the break right now. The fact that we seem to want to gift the opposition the ball at every opportunity isn’t helping much either.

2 minutes ago, Arl arse said:

The lack of running off the ball and sideways passing because all our midfield and forwards are static or strolling around up front is the most worrying part about the last two games. We’re crying out for some dynamic forward runs, it’s just far too easy for defences to sit deep and hit us on the break right now. The fact that we seem to want to gift the opposition the ball at every opportunity isn’t helping much either.

The only person who looks keen to carry the ball forward is Matip... and I'm not sure I want him to do that. 

19 minutes ago, corro said:

Ah well 3 points clear at the top in early Feb. No cunt expected it so fucking calm down.

In August nope I didn't expect it.

Two weeks ago, yeah I kinda did.  It's having lost the opportunity to build more than a single game's buffer when it presented itself that I'm angry about because it's likely to bite us on the arse before the end of this season.

22 minutes ago, Arl arse said:

Bobby completing some sideways passes today would have been an improvement.

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Bobby completing some sideways passes today would have been an improvement.

He was really poor tonight...constantly looking to play casual flicks and them not coming off.

One of his attempted flicks started the situation that led to the free kick they scored from.

He was shocking tonight.