You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (A) 4/2/19 - Match Thread

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

No, they're playing Everton. I would literally stake my life on a City win (although I've only stuck £20 on it, because I'm a pussy).

If you did bet your life, at 4/11, I'm not sure how they would pay out.

(This stuff is probably easier for Buddhists.)

• Upvote 1

Just thinking about all this....

3 pts ahead - level games...all to play for.

Should feel good, eh?

Next set of scheduled games we play a team you'd expect to beat City play a tough team in Chelsea...hmmm interesting...

But from nowhere a game is brought forward (that never usually happens) for our rivals.

Not just any game though, oh no.

Everton.

Bitters will lay down, lube up and take it up the shitter.

It is just so fucking typical of us that the scenario is there in first place..literally never known it before and of course to top it off it had to be them to make it a totally foregone conclusion that City will win and go top.

If it was even West Ham away for example you'd think well maybe they'd get a point but the fucking bitters!!...

And then to top it off our catch up game is Man Utd away - who writes our scripts eh...we must be cursed.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Have to agree with this. When the pressure is on this team just bottle it like they did in Kiev.

Kiev 2018

Basel 2016

League Cup 2016

League 2014

FA Cup 2012

League cup 2012 - make a meal of beating a championship team on pens after extra time

Athens 2007

Even when we beat West Ham we were 20 seconds from losing in the FA Cup final. 

Just now, DirkDiggledinho said:

It's very hard. To see us threatening to piss away such a glorious chance of ending years of hurt in such a manner as tonight is a borderline impossible pill to swallow.

Isn’t the first time, and we are well in it still. I used to get incredibly angry as a kid, when we actually won titles, a silly loss that meant nothing had me upset for days.

Also when we stopped winning things it could ruin my work week.

Last decade I say so be it. 

Liverpool Football Club, Jurgen Klopp and the obscenely paid players will probably lose a lot less sleep than most on here.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He was unbelievably good tonight. 

Yeah. He's a good decent pro. We could have done with someone like him in there tonight.

Rice is going to be a really top player. Would be a great signing in the summer. 

Right, we were appalling tonight. Still, it's one last tough game. West Ham had a bad few weeks, but they have some very good players. I'm glad we don't play them again. 

We get Trent and Gini back and we are a top team again. Dare i say it, we missed hendo tonight. The big story is that bobby and mo have been shite the last two games. They are top players and will find their form. Lets hope it's Saturday. 

40 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

They just will not build a proper squad, good first 11 and absolutely fuck all beneath and now once again the thinness of squad is there for all to see, we have absolutely fucking no chance of winning this league, not a prayer

The only way they want to build a squad is from the youth players.

Heard one of the LFC journos, think it was Melissa Reddy saying that liverpool wouldn't buy another forward because it would block Brewsters path to the first team. An 18 year old lad who won't even play a game this season due to injury.

24 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

This seems to be getting overlooked.  The injury crisis in our defence means we have to draft in midfielders to play there, which disrupts our midfield, which disrupts our attacking fluency.

It's disappointing, but there's no need to tag it and bag it just yet.

But how many of those missing players are coming back any time soon?  Gomez isn't coming back until the end of the month at best, TAA isn't back in full training until next week and 'back in full training' doesn't mean match-fit, Lovren may be shit but he's a CB who is capable of having adequate games, he's not back for weeks apparently.  We've got fuck-all cover and we can't assume that we aren't going to pick up any more injuries especially when the CL kicks off again and we start to play more regularly.

I'm not throwing the towel in but it's hardly all wine and roses either.

• Upvote 1