You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Makes sense at that price but having not watch him much the past 18 months his scoring record for a wide forward and at international level is shite

He scores 10 or so a year - not bad

He creates as well - would prefer Werner but there are worse options, especially for the dosh

It would be nice to ratchet up a notch and have a player like this be next years Shaqiri - not a punt but good value for a player who can probably earn playing time while also spending big on another position.

24 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Makes sense at that price but having not watch him much the past 18 months his scoring record for a wide forward and at international level is shite

He's not a forward, he's a creative wide midfielder. He's even played mostly in central midfield this season. That's more the type of player we lack anyway. 

2 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

I'd rather he proved himself at Southampton or Leicester first.

Hehe. Funny but not entirely fair. Mbappe is already world class. Julian Brandt struggled last year and looking at the stats he’s only been decent this year. Have a look at Max Mayer. His name was mentioned frequently as a possible target in the past and he’s been largely disappointing for Palace. Or even closer to home, Keita was apparently the best midfielder in Bundesliga, yet he’s only just starting to show his quality for us.

On 2/26/2019 at 1:55 PM, Red74 said:

I think he's off, maybe not to Madrid as I forgot abut Hazard, I know he he's top scorer but he hasn't seemed right for a while now and he never looks happy.

I reckon Henderson will be off too, i know no ones happy getting subbed but its not the first time he's been stroppy getting hooked this season and being dropped for games. With Rodgers going to leicester, I wouldnt be surprised to see him and Lallana follow him there in the summer.

i am alright with players being pissed off when they get taken off. emotionally they should be on the edge when they play and i would like to think when they're playing (except when they're having "one of them"), they think they're doing enough to stay on and they can still win us the game. as long as when the moment passes they are good with it and uderstand the manager has a decision to make and just like them on the pitch, he is just trying to do his best to get a win, then i don't see the issue. 

23 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

He scores 10 or so a year - not bad

He creates as well - would prefer Werner but there are worse options, especially for the dosh

It would be nice to ratchet up a notch and have a player like this be next years Shaqiri - not a punt but good value for a player who can probably earn playing time while also spending big on another position.

i don't know much about germany, so this is a serious question, is 10 in that league a big deal? that lookman at everton scored 5 in half a season and he can't get a game for them and they're fucking shite. would brandt get near our team or even get ahead of Shaq? 

On 2/27/2019 at 6:36 PM, TheHowieLama said:

No idea, but we can give him a shot -- basically he costs less than Markovic. I will go out on a limb and say he is a better player.

Cost seems irrelevant to me. Our issue this season is the players after the front 3 offer next to nothing. I see no value in bringing in someone else who will do the same. Origi and sturridge will both likely leave. One will be replaced by a kid, that's gamble enough for me. The 2nd player should be of quality to put the current 3 under pressure.