Jump to content
Iceman

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Not getting a top four spot would be unacceptable even for the Glazers, so they’re surely already tapping up someone. Hopefully Zidane rather than Conte. 

60E47B93-5A0D-4464-9849-EE1C5B6B71F0.jpeg


There was a story that the rapist was asking for ZZ.

 

Id love to see it as it’s another disaster waiting to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite how out of his depth everyone knows Solskjaer is, I do think they have a bit of a dilemma in which direction to go next, which is probably buying him more time. Conte would be the most obvious in terms of experience and winning things, so in that respect the least risky, but he can be a divisive figure and his style of football isn't always what you would want as a supporter, especially if you believe that attacking football is at the core of the club's values.  They've only recently mentally recovered from Mourinho's time at the club, would they want someone similar so soon?

Nearly everyone else available is a bigger risk than Conte, is it a risk worth taking right now?

Most commentators believe Solskjaer has done a decent job to this point but that it needs someone better to take them to the next level, but for loyal supporters that must seem really harsh.  If a club legend doesn't get the chance to see his efforts come to fruition, what chance does anyone else stand? And so they sack him and the merry-go-round continues?  You can see why they'd want to stick with him a bit longer.

 

As an aside, I do think Ronaldo has caused him a problem.  Like many, I said that he would do just fine scoring goals, fitness wise etc, but that it could upset the squad.  Not only that but it could have upset Solskjaer's plans for the season.  He signs Sancho to a massive fanfare, next superstar, guaranteed starter etc.  Cavani was clearly having a great influence on the younger players and relishing that role, Fernandes loving himself as the darling of the fans.  New season, new plans, clear idea of formation etc.  Then someone else decides they have to sign Ronaldo and all the "baggage" he brings both good and bad, rug pulled out from under the manager's feet, other player's noses out of joint. I've no doubt they would be doing better overall at this point of the season had Ronaldo not signed, and that's on the club, not Solskjaer.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Ian Wright on MOTD2 saying that Shaw and Slabhead played well at the Euros "because they were coached properly".

 

Just think about the limited time even a barely competent manager like Southgate has to work with them, while Ole has them day in, day out all year round to work his magic with them. 

To be honest the 1st thing I thought when he said that was they were shit for england too and we're lucky not to have to face us in the tournament. 

12 minutes ago, Moo said:

Despite how out of his depth everyone knows Solskjaer is, I do think they have a bit of a dilemma in which direction to go next, which is probably buying him more time. Conte would be the most obvious in terms of experience and winning things, so in that respect the least risky, but he can be a divisive figure and his style of football isn't always what you would want as a supporter, especially if you believe that attacking football is at the core of the club's values.  They've only recently mentally recovered from Mourinho's time at the club, would they want someone similar so soon?

Nearly everyone else available is a bigger risk than Conte, is it a risk worth taking right now?

Most commentators believe Solskjaer has done a decent job to this point but that it needs someone better to take them to the next level, but for loyal supporters that must seem really harsh.  If a club legend doesn't get the chance to see his efforts come to fruition, what chance does anyone else stand? And so they sack him and the merry-go-round continues?  You can see why they'd want to stick with him a bit longer.

 

As an aside, I do think Ronaldo has caused him a problem.  Like many, I said that he would do just fine scoring goals, fitness wise etc, but that it could upset the squad.  Not only that but it could have upset Solskjaer's plans for the season.  He signs Sancho to a massive fanfare, next superstar, guaranteed starter etc.  Cavani was clearly having a great influence on the younger players and relishing that role, Fernandes loving himself as the darling of the fans.  New season, new plans, clear idea of formation etc.  Then someone else decides they have to sign Ronaldo and all the "baggage" he brings both good and bad, rug pulled out from under the manager's feet, other player's noses out of joint. I've no doubt they would be doing better overall at this point of the season had Ronaldo not signed, and that's on the club, not Solskjaer.

I reckon the reason Neville is so adamant that OGS is safe for the season no matter what, is I reckon they know exactly who they want if they get rid and he's not available till the summer. Which would seem to rule out conte and zidane. My money would be on pochetino. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

To be honest the 1st thing I thought when he said that was they were shit for england too and we're lucky not to have to face us in the tournament. 

I reckon the reason Neville is so adamant that OGS is safe for the season no matter what, is I reckon they know exactly who they want if they get rid and he's not available till the summer. Which would seem to rule out conte and zidane. My money would be on pochetino. 

I thought Pochettino would be ideal for Utd a year or so back, I was wrong.

 

He needs to manage teams like Dortmund, Leipzig, Athletico Madrid not Man Utd, PSG, Man City. The minute Spurs players started getting ahead of themselves and the ego's crept in it fell apart for him.

 

If he could get in on the ground floor at Newcastle it'd work but he seems to struggle with the massive ego's and works better as an underdog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Is that that whopper who had a rant about not getting served at Maccies at 5am?

Not sure, it’s one of those shows where they consistently laugh at each other like they are comedy gods but I just liked the crackle piss take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, deiseach said:

Don't do it. Just don't. 

2 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I thought Pochettino would be ideal for Utd a year or so back, I was wrong.

 

He needs to manage teams like Dortmund, Leipzig, Athletico Madrid not Man Utd, PSG, Man City. The minute Spurs players started getting ahead of themselves and the ego's crept in it fell apart for him.

 

If he could get in on the ground floor at Newcastle it'd work but he seems to struggle with the massive ego's and works better as an underdog.

That might all be true.. but it doesn't mean they don't want him. They're desperate for an identity and pochetino would jump at a club who at least pretend they'll let him deliver that. The reality is they're still the pricks they are and will parachute in signings just because they're big names or good for social media or whatever (which is actually their identity imo)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I thought Pochettino would be ideal for Utd a year or so back, I was wrong.

 

He needs to manage teams like Dortmund, Leipzig, Athletico Madrid not Man Utd, PSG, Man City. The minute Spurs players started getting ahead of themselves and the ego's crept in it fell apart for him.

 

If he could get in on the ground floor at Newcastle it'd work but he seems to struggle with the massive ego's and works better as an underdog.

Pochettino works best as a manager who never actually wins anything (does anyone actually ‘manage’ PSG?). He’d be ideal, but it’s unlikely I’d say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conte’s a good man to fall out with owners and players Mourinho-style, isn’t he? He’ll improve them because he’s not Solskjaer but it could get entertaining again pretty quickly for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they get rid of Solksjaer and want a long term manager then they should look at someone like Ten Hag, if they just want to break that duck of not winning and are happy to rip everything then Conte seems the obvious choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He's doing a brilliant job. Get this info into their board. They'd be mad to sack the next klopp. 

 

IMG_20211025_160336__01.jpg

They should have the next 66 games as a running ticker - it is at 0 right now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Conte’s a good man to fall out with owners and players Mourinho-style, isn’t he? He’ll improve them because he’s not Solskjaer but it could get entertaining again pretty quickly for us. 

They'll be looking for a new manager in 3 years but he'll have probably won them something in that period.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheHowieLama said:

They should have the next 66 games as a running ticker - it is at 0 right now.

If they can beat spurs this weekend his next 66 will be averaging 3 points a game. It feels amost worth a new contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Conte’s a good man to fall out with owners and players Mourinho-style, isn’t he? He’ll improve them because he’s not Solskjaer but it could get entertaining again pretty quickly for us. 

I bet he’d do a Mourinho-esque job there before it all fell to pieces. He’ll improve them initially but there’s probably too much competition to win the league, he’s never done anything in Europe and as soon as something doesn’t go his way he’ll fuck off. Could get interesting quickly if the Glazers decide the next manager won’t have quite as much to spend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I enjoyed yesterday, part of me thinks winning 5-0 was a little much a bit like going for that second slice of amazing cake which is great at the time but it leaves none for tomorrow. 
 

we devoured Ole, when we could have prolonged the joy a little longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×