You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Mar 31 - April 1 2018)

tlw content

useless_arnautovic.jpg

The Blues did their bit to aid City’s preparation for their Champions League visit to Anfield by sitting back and letting the leaders have as much of the ball as they wanted while they watched and admired. The cunts may as well have been eating popcorn. To add perspective, they beat City 4-0 at the Pit last season. 

They only had 17.9% possession this time. At home!!! I mean fucking hell, Fernandinho had 14.5% possession himself. Of all the statistics I’ve ever seen I think that might be the maddest. Think about it, one player had almost as much of the ball as the entire fucking Everton team. 

They should be ashamed of themselves. They might be the worst, most feeble, inept bunch of shithouses that City have faced all season. But then that was the plan, wasn’t it? Don’t want to make City play an actual competitive game before they go to Anfield. 

Watch the difference in their approach this weekend. Bet they kick fucking lumps out of us. Even if we rest some of our key men they’ll be booting fuck out of them on the bench or in the stands, the bitter bastards.

And rest them we should. Rest every fucking last one of them. I've just watched a training video of the fringe players playing five a side, and Danny Ward looks boss as an outfielder. I'd like to see him in midfield. I'd also get Stevie registered again and play him.

Failing that, put the under 23s out there, it’ll be dead funny because Everton won’t know whether to stick or twist. If they win, it will be the hollowest of victories and we can pat them on their bitter little Liverpool obsessed heads and say “well done, you finally won one!”. And if we win? They might never get over it. 

They really were an embarrassment. City raced into a 3-0 lead and then went into ‘stop hitting them, they’re already dead’ mode. They even allowed the Blues to salvage a tiny little modicum of pride by letting them win the second half, but overall it was completely shameful from Everton, who put up less resistance than League One Wigan and Championship club Bristol City. 

Amusing footnote to this. I had the subtitles on when I watched it on MOTD and when the commentator said “Pep Guardiola” it came up as Pat Roddy Olav. It made me laugh far more than it probably should, and I might start calling him that on here from now on. 

Elsewhere, West Ham thrashed Southampton and guess who was commentating? Remember that big fuss the other week about his “last game”? I told you then that the cunt hadn’t retired didn’t I? When the world comes to an end there’ll just be a load of cockroaches running around, and Motson reeling off inane facts about them. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the rest of the article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for ONE MONTH.

• Upvote 1

They had a decent goalkeeper called Carlos Roa in the late 90s. He suddenly retired from the game soon after the 1998 World Cup to become a Mormon or something, telling his club he couldn't work on Sundays and that the world will end in the year 2000. Despite all that, his nickname WASN'T 'El Loco'.

• Upvote 1

Continuing the Everton theme, my hollow laugh of the week was reserved for hearing that while we'd been unable to agree a deal with either Manchester club to train at theirs prior to the second leg, City had no such issues gaining permission to train at Goodison.

giphy.gif

Great stuff as usual. Don't think anybody would be surprised to hear that the ref who gave the dodgy penalties was......... Craig Pawson. (First one wasn't dodgy it was just blatantly wrong). Sorry, Dave, but I think he's worse than Bobby M. He's a total 'deer-in-the-headlights' ref - knows something has happened, (e.g. Calvert_lewin has just gone down again), but hasn't a clue what is was and just guesses.

Great stuff as usual. Don't think anybody would be surprised to hear that the ref who gave the dodgy penalties was......... Craig Pawson. (First one wasn't dodgy it was just blatantly wrong). Sorry, Dave, but I think he's worse than Bobby M. He's a total 'deer-in-the-headlights' ref - knows something has happened, (e.g. Calvert_lewin has just gone down again), but hasn't a clue what is was and just guesses.

Agree entirely about Pawson, but he was on the ;iist of refs we submitted to FIFA to go to the world cup. Speaks volumes about the people who drew up that list, Riley and Elleray, presumably.

I'm surprised that Dave didn't pick up on the ref in the Watford-Bournemouth game being Boobby Madley's brother, Andy. Let's hope there aren't any more of them in the family.

• Upvote 1

They had a decent goalkeeper called Carlos Roa in the late 90s. He suddenly retired from the game soon after the 1998 World Cup to become a Mormon or something, telling his club he couldn't work on Sundays and that the world will end in the year 2000. Despite all that, his nickname WASN'T 'El Loco'.

Surely he would have become available again in 2001 ?

Older forumites will remember a lad called Peter Knowles at Wolves in the late 60's who looked on the brink of an England cap & then suddenly just jacked the game in his mid-20's to become a Jehovas Witness.I think he was the brother of Cyril Knowles at Spurs of ' Nice One Cyril ' fame / infamy

Amusing footnote to this. I had the subtitles on when I watched it on MOTD and when the commentator said “Pep Guardiola” it came up as Pat Roddy Olav. It made me laugh far more than it probably should, and I might start calling him that on here from now on. 

I remember years ago, working in India. I bought a DVD of Ghandi. Bizarrely it was in English and also had subtitles in English. When they mentioned the Archbishop of Cantebury, the subtitles said Arch Fish of Cantebury. I love that!

• Upvote 1

Surely he would have become available again in 2001 ?

Older forumites will remember a lad called Peter Knowles at Wolves in the late 60's who looked on the brink of an England cap & then suddenly just jacked the game in his mid-20's to become a Jehovas Witness.I think he was the brother of Cyril Knowles at Spurs of ' Nice One Cyril ' fame / infamy

David Icke used to be a goalkeeper too.

• Upvote 1

I'm surprised that Dave didn't pick up on the ref in the Watford-Bournemouth game being Boobby Madley's brother, Andy. Let's hope there aren't any more of them in the family.

I did, but keeping my powder dry on that until he makes an arse of himself.

"Older forumites will remember a lad called Peter Knowles at Wolves in the late 60's who looked on the brink of an England cap & then suddenly just jacked the game in his mid-20's to become a Jehovas Witness.I think he was the brother of Cyril Knowles at Spurs of ' Nice One Cyril ' fame / infamy

Billy Bragg wrote "God's Footballer" about Peter Knowles.