You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham at Anfield, February 4th 2018

Captain

I can't believe that people are saying that it's not a penalty when somebody tries to hoof it clear and kicks somebody in the back of the calf instead.

It's hilarious. It's a stonewall penalty. If it hadn't have been given for us, I'd be unhappy.

Did he touch his calf?

Maybe I am wrong and just didn’t see it. If that was against us I don’t think me or anyone would have even noticed

My issues with the game-

Dont take Mane off- he clearly needs to get his head right. Each time Klopp hooks him he gets further away from that.

Dont start defending the game with 20mins left - especially as at that point we were struggling for an outlet.

I agree with Klopp on the 2nd pen. The whole game fouls are flying in and the game is allowded to "flow"- fucking slightest of contact, which incidently the Spurs players didnt even claim for, and the ref doesnt even give it and the fucking lino is foaming at the mouth in the last minute of stoppage time? DO FUCK OFF

Thoughts-

Despite Salahs brilliance, we would have been bloody lucky to win the game-we were worringly off the pace 2nd half

They showed a replay of moss’ conversation With the linesman. I don’t know if anyone can get it, but when Moss gives the penalty as the linesman walked toward the goal he gives A little punch to the air as if to say yes’s. Seemed odd to me.

They showed a replay of moss’ conversation With the linesman. I don’t know if anyone can get it, but when Moss gives the penalty as the linesman walked toward the goal he gives A little punch to the air as if to say yes’s. Seemed odd to me.

His Accy was back on track despite Kane's best efforts...

Agree. Firmino and Salah (Even thougj he scored 2!) have carried us most of the season so they get a pass. Mane to be dropped but we can't as we have fuck all depth.

Wish there was something like a transfer window where we could have strengthened that depth to give us that little bit extra to drag us into May

https://twitter.com/hashtag/liverpool

It's at the top of that, I don't know how to copy it onto here

He "missed" the fact Lamela was offside and was then DETERMINED to overrule the ref who had originally not given it. His own little moment in the spotlight.

Very disappointing ending!

That said, we had it coming. Tottenham were all over us in the 2nd half and played straight through our midfield. Nicely illustrated by Dembélé just brushing off Henderson as he glides past him.

It's really worrying seeing our midfield being dominated like that.

A draw was probably a fair result. They shouldn't have gotten the first pen, but Karius saved it.

When was the last time we had just 34% possession at Anfield?!

My issues with the game-

Dont take Mane off- he clearly needs to get his head right. Each time Klopp hooks him he gets further away from that.

Dont start defending the game with 20mins left - especially as at that point we were struggling for an outlet.

I agree with Klopp on the 2nd pen. The whole game fouls are flying in and the game is allowded to "flow"- fucking slightest of contact, which incidently the Spurs players didnt even claim for, and the ref doesnt even give it and the fucking lino is foaming at the mouth in the last minute of stoppage time? DO FUCK OFF

Thoughts-

Despite Salahs brilliance, we would have been bloody lucky to win the game-we were worringly off the pace 2nd half

We were far batter in the first half then them they were far better than us in the 2nd half.  Considering we lost due to dodgy decision no we weren't lucky.  If anything they were as they created next to fuck all despite having the ball most of the 2nd half.

Don't be daft mate, We have a £500m War Chest for the summer, zero value in January.

Well it’s a World Cup summer and we know how notorious it is to get any value for the better players based so I reckon we get what we can for salah this summer and bank the money for 2 years and we could have (dr evil style) 1 billion pounds to spend sometime

That said, we had it coming. Tottenham were all over us in the 2nd half and played straight through our midfield. Nicely illustrated by Dembélé just brushing off Henderson as he glides past him.

A draw was probably a fair result. They shouldn't have gotten the first pen, but Karius saved it.

We gave the ball up it was obviously intentional as soon as we got the early goal.

City would have been a similar figure i would wager...we were just better at the counter that day

https://twitter.com/hashtag/liverpool

It's at the top of that, I don't know how to copy it onto here

What I can gather from that

Lamela back into him, almosts leaps into him waiting for the foul.

VVD does go to strike, but pulls back just at the last second, barely touching his leg. 

I guess there's contact but it's minimal and I think he bought the pen, plus he was also offside originally.

If one of our lads had done it and got a pen I'd have said fair fucks I guess.  Still a bitch though

Don’t like the way Mane has fallen off a cliff in terms of goals. Did Firmino look like scoring? Can’t recall.

Some of our breaks in that game were almost pointless, running in straight lines and never getting properly in behind. It’s a criminal waste of top talent to see that happening, we’re screaming out for a formation change because having 3 shot central midfielders in our team every game is killing us.

No wonder there's RAWK meltdown accounts on Twitter etc.

I just went on there to see their opinion on the penalties and they're bringing up Inter Milan of the 1960's and match fixing allegations.

Christ!

It's. A. Fucking. Penalty.

I'm more arsed about our shithouse midfield than the ref.

I just think Spurs a very good side and are hitting form tbh.  I feared for us today seeing how they dismantled the Mancs the other night.  Happy to get away with a point in the end

• Upvote 1

He didn't intentionally pass it back it just touched him so the offside rule still counts.

This. Go to any junior footy game and you’ll see the ref make this decision everytime for something like this. Easy decision for a ref that as hardly anyone moans against it.

Don’t care about performance levels etc. We were out and out done over by a bent ref from Manchester who has it in for our manager. Without him we win against a good team. End of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'd have won 2-1 if it was up to him because he didn't give the penalty at the end. It's the linesman who has questions to answer. I'm not a fan of linesmen getting involved in penalty calls. To be fair to the ref, once the linesman says it's a penalty, he's hard pushed to not give it. Since when have linesmen started giving penalties like that? It happened in the Palace game earlier, too. 

Seen the slowed down vid. Fair fucks, hands up, i think it was a pen.

We have a shithouse midfield offering the defence no protection or control.

They are all shit. There isnt a single player at the club to offer a calming influence. Not one. Haven't had one in years.

We've not had a proper cunt in there since Mascherano left.

Klopp cleary doesn't believe in that sort of player, so here we are.

Maybe Kieta is the guy, but how many windows has Klopp had?