You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is Your 2017/2918 Whipping Boy?

I'm not bothered about Lucas being sold. I'm kind of glad, as reading the abuse he got was tiresome.

It's the lack of signings that is the major issue.

I have been on this forum for 9 and a half years, and for 9 and a half years, yourself and Stringvest have brutally assailed one anothers characters in discussing Lucas.

To me, that is going to be a big loss to fill.

• Upvote 2

I have been on this forum for 9 and a half years, and for 9 and a half years, yourself and Stringvest have brutally assailed one anothers characters in discussing Lucas.

They've got Lallana. They'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

Like a vacuum, someone will take up that space, don't fret.

Selling Lucas was stupid.

I get that TK and, to a lesser extent, I are seen as his cheerleaders, but do you forsee us buying someone who has nous, experience and can tackle?

I just named three characteristics that terrify the committee.

I see four things there: nous, experience, tackling ability and buying players.

I like Lallana, he's a good player.  As I say there's no whipping boy in the squad for me.  Everyone gets a clean slate, even Moreno.  Performances will be viewed with a degree of leniency and understanding because of the lack of investment from FSG and the ongoing Coutinho saga. 

None of them.  Most of them aren't good enough, every cunt including the manager knows this.

We're going nowhere with Mignolet, we're going nowhere without Mignolet.

We're going nowhere with Lovren, we're going nowhere without Lovren

We're going nowhere with Klopp, we're going nowhere without Klopp

We're going nowhere whilst Liverpool's sole purpose is to make yanks richer.   I get it's hard to accept, it means the club is going nowhere for the forseeable future but until it's sold we'll be stuck in this cycle we've been in since they bought the club.   Any season we punch above our weight is pointless since we'll fail to invest and fall backwards again.  

• Upvote 5

I won't target any individual for all the failings. At different times different people will be responsible and I'll criticise them.

The largest targets on my radar currently though are Klopp and Wijnaldum.  

I tend to focus more on negative, rather than positive or neutral feedback - because it leads to faster change.