You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Good name for a bar?

Redder Lurtz

Always thought something with t'ales in the name would be good.

Triple meaning, ales, Yorkshire dialect and storytelling, but never been able to think of anything to prefix it with.

Telling t'Ales would be a great shout for another bar.

This one is now officially Rudy's Bar. Lots of black & white in the decor. Blues, jazz & ska music, Laurel & Hardy and Buster Keaton films (muted) on loop. Around 12 gins, 8-10 vodkas, various proseccos, 2 x craft ales on tap, 3 x real ales on hand pull. One lager (Estrella) to help keep the bellend carling / fosters drinkers out, one cider tap (Lilley's of Somerset make some belters. Strongbow can fuck the fuck off). 10% off ales for CAMRA members.

After about a month we'll start using the kitchen, making quality burgers. Choice of seeded burger roll, floured bap or brioche because EVERYWHERE I go these days I can only seem to get burgers in brioche and it does my nut in. Locally sourced minced steak, chicken and we'll make a veggie burger. Chips will be chunky or skinny fries and served on a board, on some greaseproof burger wrap with chips in one of those buckets which is a tad cliché but I quite like it so sue me.

Opening early September. Got a fuck load of work to do in the coming weeks but I'm made up. Only seems like 5 minutes since I dumped the 9-5 for this life; in reality it's 20 months and I've got two bars in walking distance of each other. Best move I ever made, this.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Only one (expensive) lager available would certainly keep me out although I am a bellend.

I can see you put a lot of thought into that name mate, but it's shite. 

This one is now officially Rudy's Bar. Lots of black & white in the decor. Blues, jazz & ska music, Laurel & Hardy and Buster Keaton films (muted) on loop. Around 12 gins, 8-10 vodkas, various proseccos, 2 x craft ales on tap, 3 x real ales on hand pull. One lager (Estrella) to help keep the bellend carling / fosters drinkers out, one cider tap (Lilley's of Somerset make some belters. Strongbow can fuck the fuck off). 10% off ales for CAMRA members.

After about a month we'll start using the kitchen, making quality burgers. Choice of seeded burger roll, floured bap or brioche because EVERYWHERE I go these days I can only seem to get burgers in brioche and it does my nut in. Locally sourced minced steak, chicken and we'll make a veggie burger. Chips will be chunky or skinny fries and served on a board, on some greaseproof burger wrap with chips in one of those buckets which is a tad cliché but I quite like it so sue me.

Opening early September. Got a fuck load of work to do in the coming weeks but I'm made up. Only seems like 5 minutes since I dumped the 9-5 for this life; in reality it's 20 months and I've got two bars in walking distance of each other. Best move I ever made, this.

When does the Budapest branch open?

Sounds boss.

Good luck! The world needs more good pubs.

Had a couple in here Saturday night, nice little bar mate.

Not quite Bojangles but you'll get there one day.

Not quite Bojangles? I should fucking hope not mate, that's the cocaine dickhead capital of Pudsey. I feel you're pulling my leg though...

How about Selling t'ales instead?

Not quite Bojangles? I should fucking hope not mate, that's the cocaine dickhead capital of Pudsey. I feel you're pulling my leg though...

Yeah just having you on mate.

I used to play football up Pudsey till about 10 years ago, first time I've been back up in years. Had 1 in Bojangles and it's pretty much as you describe with the addition of the worlds most aggressive bouncers.

• Upvote 1

Yeah just having you on mate.

I used to play football up Pudsey till about 10 years ago, first time I've been back up in years. Had 1 in Bojangles and it's pretty much as you describe with the addition of the worlds most aggressive bouncers.

Say hello if you're ever around again, I'll buy you a pint. I'm the slightly overweight middle-aged dashingly good looking one behind the bar in doc martens.

• 2 weeks later...

Get some lamb burgers on the go, good quality lamb burger is fucking ace.

Rip these fuckers off:

https://www.grilld.com.au/menu#lamb-burgers

Shepherds delight and baabaa brurgers are boss.

Burnflickers

Do the sign in one of those dodgy fonts that makes it look like Bumfuckers.

Then you could have a pic of your bar sign show up in every funny forum thread and also on all the dodgy click bait links on faceaids or other social media.