You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

Surely AJ needs another fight in between fighting Fury. He'll be waiting ages for Fury to drop that weight. Likewise I'd like to see Fury fight a couple of others before AJ. So when they both meet they are as active as they can be. I reckon Fury would be twice as awkward fighting AJ as he was Wlad. Clever fighter is Fury.

I'd like to see fury take parkers belt before fighting Joshua.

Adds a bit if it's a unification

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I don't really think it belts matter anymore, Fury's the lineal heavyweight champion and we all know he should have them all (excluding the WBC). 

Joshua is likely to be a 2 fights a year fighter now, let him fight in November/December, Fury should fight late October/early November (plenty of time to get the legal and weight issues sorted), again late February/early March and then let them get it on in June/July at Wembley.

David Lemieux on the card as well, he's always fun to watch. Hopefully I can avoid the results find a decent streamed replay on Sunday morning.

Do you use Sportsmania on demand? Always really shit for me.

David Lemieux on the card as well, he's always fun to watch. Hopefully I can avoid the results find a decent streamed replay on Sunday morning.

BT not reshowing till Monday night

Looks like ill be up early catching it on Youtube before its pulld

Do you use Sportsmania on demand? Always really shit for me.

Yeah, it used to be sound but it's been poor recently, especially for some of the boxing. Buffering for 20 seconds and playing for 10. Pretty disappointing really.

I've got a week left on my SM sub and a week left on a different sub. Hopefully one of them comes good but I think they might both be pulled from the same place because the on demand sections are identical. Fingers crossed anyway because there's no way I'm staying up for it.

Yeah, it used to be sound but it's been poor recently, especially for some of the boxing. Buffering for 20 seconds and playing for 10. Pretty disappointing really.

I've got a week left on my SM sub and a week left on a different sub. Hopefully one of them comes good but I think they might both be pulled from the same place because the on demand sections are identical. Fingers crossed anyway because there's no way I'm staying up for it.

I just fuck it off usually. Disappointing really considering the live screens are generally spot on.

He's been rubbish every time I've seen him.

I've always thought that but then just assumed that I've just watched him when he's had an off day, then I watched a lot of his fights on YouTube and really wasn't impressed in the slightest, he fights actual bums I think, way worse than Joshua's previous opponents. I honestly think Bellew would beat him if they fight, fucking Bellew as a heavyweight world champion, fuck me. Glad I'm out and not watching it by the sounds of it.

Just booked tickets for Brook Spence. Absolutely buzzing for it. It's my first major boxing event. I'm a massive Brook fan, plus the undercard is decent, with Groves Chudinov confirmed. Can't wait. Looking forward to seeing Spence in the flesh too. Could be a real memory if he goes onto the greatness some are predicting.

• Upvote 2

Just booked tickets for Brook Spence. Absolutely buzzing for it. It's my first major boxing event. I'm a massive Brook fan, plus the undercard is decent, with Groves Chudinov confirmed. Can't wait. Looking forward to seeing Spence in the flesh too. Could be a real memory if he goes onto the greatness some are predicting.

Nice one, mate. I'm a bit jealous. The boxing is always a boss night out.

That brings up a decent topic of conversation for this thread actually. A little questionnaire as such for the boxing fans on here.

1) What was the first big fight you went to?

2) What was the best fight you've seen?

3) What was the best atmosphere you've been in?

My answers...

1) David Haye vs John Ruiz at the MEN - I was bladdered and can't remember much about it either side of the fight itself. Vivid memories of the fight though. It was a boss day and night and really got me hooked on going to the boxing.

2) Kevin Mitchell vs John Murray - I remember being chuffed at this getting added to the bill for a card at the Echo. I think one of them picked up an injury causing the fight to be put back a week and therefore on the card in Liverpool. It was just a full on brawl, ended up winning the Sky fight of the year award and there was loads of bother between the mancs and cockneys in the crowd all night which only added to the entertainment really.

3) Froch vs Bute in Nottingham. Got hairs on the back of my neck thinking about what it was like in there that night. It took me a few days to get my voice back. Just amazing.

Still annoys me now that I missed out on the Froch vs Kessler fight at the O2 because my missus was due to give birth a week or two later. In hindsight I'd have been able to go and make it back without any drama but obviously couldn't be sure of it at the time.