Quantcast
Joel Matip - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

viRdjil

Joel Matip

Big game for him tonight. His first proper test against in-form Costa. Could be a potential make or break for him.

Big game for him tonight. His first proper test against in-form Costa. Could be a potential make or break for him.

Yeah I'd bomb him out if we lose.

• Upvote 2

Surprised to find out he's only turned 25 - thought he was older.

“If an opponent tries to talk to me during the game, really, I don’t give a f***,” Matip told the Daily Telegraph.

“There are players who try to say things in a game, but I never care about this. They can say what they want. I don’t think anyone is like Costa. You can play against players who like to make you uncomfortable, but not too many with his size or as famous as him.

“It is always a fight against these big teams and you have to take on the battle. You have to go in there and fight, there is nothing else. As a defender that is something you like, to go out there and win the ball.

“But I don’t prepare only for Costa. I prepare for the whole team. Maybe he will be my direct adversary and I will study to see how he moves. I have seen a lot of his games. But you can never prepare for one player out of 11.

“Against a more typical number nine at least you know these players and how they play, and where they will be on the pitch. You know what is going to happen, even if it is still difficult to play against.”

The lad seems half decent and we will find out a bit more after tonight. Needs to keep calm against that massive twat Costa

If he loses his cool and takes Costa out, he'll get no grief from me.

Oh whoops, he was free and he's class.

Net spend though, so he's shit?

Haha. Precisely. Matip looks class. It was hard leaving him out of my top 3 for the game tonight. One mistake cost him.

He's a beast.

• Upvote 1