You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Fucking hell. Two pages of Rico dominating shit again. It’s really getting old. I agree with his general principle that people who use the site loads and clearly have the money to do so should help keep the site running, but the last thing we need is for the barrage of constant shit. Firstly, it’s annoying to keep reading it; and secondly, Dave has come out and said he doesn’t want that to keep happening. 

Sort yourself out Rico. Although I used to disagree with you on stuff, you’d always engage and be serious about subjects, but you’re just plain cunty all the time now. On every subject. Your posts are now reduced to 1) Anti-religious/Muslim/Corbyn/Trans links 2) ‘pay your subs’ 3) Callers my those who don’t agree with you ‘smart kids’ and ‘woke’. 

Just reset yourself and your attitude and start posting in a more a more positive way. At least approach your conversations with people in a different way. You’re not an idiot, but just have a look through your recent posting history and imagine it was somebody else. 

Those who consider yourselves mates of Rico, you need to have a friendly word via PM. That’s what mates do. 

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Listen if their is a secret dick pick society within this forum and I'm being left out then I want to know. Mines not bad at all. I think Lizzie Birdsworth and Stringvest have seen it actually. 

#metoo

(although only a pic) 

Wondering whether it might be worth Corbyn asking this Human rights shower to make sure they do an investigation, and promise to implement any extra recommendations made as surely even the LFI arseholes would struggle to suggest they are not independent and I would be amazed if any massively damaging criticisms would be made.

Fair play to Rico for reminding us that there are long term freeloaders in our midst.

The problem is, because they have been called out for the leeches that they are, by their arch enemy, their egos cant allow them be seen to give in by paying. More palatable to suck it up or ignore it than do the decent thing. 

Anyway, thats enough of that, what about Corbyns position on Trident?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

23 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Wondering whether it might be worth Corbyn asking this Human rights shower to make sure they do an investigation, and promise to implement any extra recommendations made as surely even the LFI arseholes would struggle to suggest they are not independent and I would be amazed if any massively damaging criticisms would be made.

Thought the same myself. Get them to sign off on the Labour Party being free of anti-semitism, or at least that the party has the right processes in place. Then everyone can move on.

27 minutes ago, sir roger said:

... and ask them to broaden the investigation to all parties. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Fair play to Rico for reminding us that there are long term freeloaders in our midst.

The problem is, because they have been called out for the leeches that they are, by their arch enemy, their egos cant allow them be seen to give in by paying. More palatable to suck it up or ignore it than do the decent thing. 

TK421 paid up just to neg me. And now he feels....

bitch slap slapping GIF

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Thought the same myself. Get them to sign off on the Labour Party being free of anti-semitism, or at least that the party has the right processes in place. Then everyone can move on.

I think people are uneasy about it because they don’t know if this body has any political bias.  The fact they’re talking about an investigation at all suggests they clearly do.  Especially when you consider they haven’t been bothered to investigate the tories for anything.  Who has made this decision?  Do they have to reveal if they receive any donations or have any related party transactions etc?

People can tell me if I’m wrong but I don’t think these bodies should be investigating political party’s.  We live in the age of social media now.  If somebody has been racist or acted in a racist manner for a political party then the police can deal with and the party have to deal with being accountable in a democratic election.  If somebody wants to make an allegation and they think it’s been dealt with incorrectly or covered up then put it online with the evidence.

It’s all well and good saying tell them to do an investigation but you’re opening yourself up to being shafted by some unaccountable member of the elite who’s been sorted a job at this body.  If I was Corbyn I’d tell them to fuck off but that’s obviously not his style.

10 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I think people are uneasy about it because they don’t know if this body has any political bias.  The fact they’re talking about an investigation at all suggests they clearly do.  Especially when you consider they haven’t been bothered to investigate the tories for anything.  Who has made this decision?  Do they have to reveal if they receive any donations or have any related party transactions etc?

People can tell me if I’m wrong but I don’t think these bodies should be investigating political party’s.  We live in the age of social media now.  If somebody has been racist or acted in a racist manner for a political party then the police can deal with and the party have to deal with being accountable in a democratic election.  If somebody wants to make an allegation and they think it’s been dealt with incorrectly or covered up then put it online with the evidence.

It’s all well and good saying tell them to do an investigation but you’re opening yourself up to being shafted by some unaccountable member of the elite who’s been sorted a job at this body.  If I was Corbyn I’d tell them to fuck off but that’s obviously not his style.

It was set up by Labour wasn’t it?  

2 hours ago, A Red said:

Bit of a crap post that one Arthur.

Here's a bit of information about the totally politically neutral, non-biased group who lodged the EHRC complaint against Labour. 

https://electronicintifada.net/content/campaign-against-antisemitism-campaign-against-palestinians/19916

Here's an online petition they're sharing which change.org have flagged and advised users to do research on the matter before signing due to the preamble containing contested (many) claims. 

https://www.change.org/p/jeremy-corbyn-is-an-antisemite-and-the-labour-party-must-act

Also, it's important to note that the EHRC have NOT launched an investigation into the Labour Party. They've acknowledged that the complaints lodged MAY be legitimate but are waiting for a response from the Labour Party before they decide whether or not to pursue the matter further. It's pretty much at an informal they said this about you, do you have anything to say about these claims stage. Despite many media sources incorrectly reporting that the EHRC have launched an investigation against Labour. They haven't. Fake news. Bigly

• Upvote 1

How long before Maureen Lipman and that new bird on countdown equate him to Amon Goeth. 

Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders came to Rep. Ilhan Omar’s defense, calling the recent treatment of the freshman congresswoman over her allegedly anti-Semitic remarks “wrong.”

Sanders, who is Jewish, acknowledged in a statement Wednesday that “anti-Semitism is a hateful and dangerous ideology which must be vigorously opposed in the United States and around the world.”

But the independent Vermont senator added: “We must not, however, equate anti-Semitism with legitimate criticism of the right-wing, Netanyahu government in Israel. Rather, we must develop an even-handed Middle East policy which brings Israelis and Palestinians together for a lasting peace.”

Sanders then took issue with how the House has handled Omar for controversial comments she’s recently made about Israel.

“What I fear is going on in the House now is an effort to target Congresswoman Omar as a way of stifling that debate. That’s wrong,” he said.

1 hour ago, Hank Moody said:

Is there something new? Is it just the same old ‘doesn’t want to renew it but will’?

I think its much wider than that. How can someone who is often lauded as a man of principle and life long CND member be the man responsible for ordering it? I know he doesnt want to and says he will go with the will of the party, but surely a principle against nuclear weapons cannot be worked around? Or is he lying and wouldnt order it? How could a CND member authorise the purchase  of nuclear weapons, will he leave?

Its a tricky one for me and far more relevant to his ability to govern than the anti-Semitic slurs that are thrown at him. His opponents should perhaps spend more time looking at his policies and principles than lying about his being a racist

6 minutes ago, A Red said:

I think its much wider than that. How can someone who is often lauded as a man of principle and life long CND member be the man responsible for ordering it? I know he doesnt want to and says he will go with the will of the party, but surely a principle against nuclear weapons cannot be worked around? Or is he lying and wouldnt order it? How could a CND member authorise the purchase  of nuclear weapons, will he leave?

Its a tricky one for me and far more relevant to his ability to govern than the anti-Semitic slurs that are thrown at him. His opponents should perhaps spend more time looking at his policies and principles than lying about his being a racist

It’s a dilemma, but I think you can personally be against something and still go with the will of parliament and the party. Whether CND has a problem with it or not is not that important to me. 

I highly doubt doubt that he is telling lies and would try to cancel it. I agree with your last remarks though, people should be looking at the policies rather than smearing him with clearly ridiculous accusations. If they did that, they’d find he’s.m not all that much of a mental commie Islamic fundamentalist Jew hater after all. 

Mad I’ve said a billion times on here, I don’t think he is a good leader, I don’t think he will win an election, and I disagree with him on trident. I can do all of that without thinking he’s a bad person, a racist, or whatever other nonsense is thrown around. He’d be a way better PM than May, Boris, or their ilk.