You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

When we say anti-Semitism are we talking anti Israel though? Are Labour people out there propagating views that jews can turn into rats and steal money, or are they talking about Israeli policy in the gaza strip?

I think it’s all intertwined because of the relationship between money and politics (domestic and foreign agendas).

Whilst I’m not saying the Jewish people en masse are rats, that would be AS, there are a handful of cunts out there at the top of big business who are rats and who are Jews. Why mention the word ‘Jew’ at all? Because American foreign policy seems to disproportionately back the Jewish corner above all other religions, and so people have made the link and claim there is a Jewish-bias to American foreign policy, and because of the size and strength of America this has become an accepted position for other nations, like our own.

Those in power then say it’s ‘anti-Semitic’, and it’s not, it’s that the public at large have noticed the correlation between the disproportionate voice of Judaism and the actions of powerful countries and have had the gall to ask questions.

I love Larry David, how the fuck am I AS? It’s not enough to like 99.99% of Jews apparently, we have to love them lock stock, evil cunts and all, and if we don’t then we’re AS.

If you mention something like the Bilberberg group then you’re AS. That’s fucking rediculous.

America is predominantly Christian and only 2% of the population being categorised as Jewish.

And 0.4% of Brits are Jews. So you tell me where this AS bollocks warrants being on the national agenda for the UK? When 4.4% of our population are Muslim in comparison, and police shoot them on sight and they have almost no MPs or big business CEO’s, and yet it’s the Jewish who are oppressed?

Can’t say that publicly though, the media would say that’s an AS stance.

I think it’s all intertwined because of the relationship between money and politics (domestic and foreign agendas).

Whilst I’m not saying the Jewish people en masse are rats, that would be AS, there are a handful of cunts out there at the top of big business who are rats and who are Jews. Why mention the word ‘Jew’ at all? Because American foreign policy seems to disproportionately back the Jewish corner above all other religions, and so people have made the link and claim there is a Jewish-bias to American foreign policy, and because of the size and strength of America this has become an accepted position for other nations, like our own.

Those in power then say it’s ‘anti-Semitic’, and it’s not, it’s that the public at large have noticed the correlation between the disproportionate voice of Judaism and the actions of powerful countries and have had the gall to ask questions.

I love Larry David, how the fuck am I AS? It’s not enough to like 99.99% of Jews apparently, we have to love them lock stock, evil cunts and all, and if we don’t then we’re AS.

If you mention something like the Bilberberg group then you’re AS. That’s fucking rediculous.

America is predominantly Christian and only 2% of the population being categorised as Jewish.

And 0.4% of Brits are Jews. So you tell me where this AS bollocks warrants being on the national agenda for the UK? When 4.4% of our population are Muslim in comparison, and police shoot them on sight and they have almost no MPs or big business CEO’s, and yet it’s the Jewish who are oppressed?

Can’t say that publicly though, the media would say that’s an AS stance.

Well.

Have a read of this.

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/977486107129602048?s=21

The questions were originally asked in 2012 but as he wasn’t news then they weren’t followed up.

I thought Jewish Chronicle bumped the story a year or two ago.

It didn't cause a stir at the time. Everyone was probably banging on about Corbyn being an IRA commander or tap-dancing naked on the Cenotaph or something. You know what he's like.

I thought Jewish Chronicle bumped the story a year or two ago.

It didn't cause a stir at the time. Everyone was probably banging on about Corbyn being an IRA commander or tap-dancing naked on the Cenotaph or something. You know what he's like.

No one gave a fuck as he was a back bench rebel. Now he’s the leader, it’s what happens.

The man himself has admitted its anti-Semitic. What more do you need?

A bit of balance would be nice.

Firstly, nobody I know of has tried to claim that the mural isn't anti-Semitic.  The question is whether Corbyn condoned the anti-Semitic imagery.  The bloke from the Jewish Chronicle takes a few jumps along the logical path of "I don't believe his explanation, therefore he's lying".  Fair enough.  That's that bloke's opinion; it's not the objective truth.

Another opinion is that, y'know, Corbyn is telling the truth.  Having read the original Facebook thread (yeah - I had to scroll through six years' worth of execrable puerile pretentious dreck masquerading as "art" to find it) it's clearly someone moaning that his "art" is being removed and the reasons given are that it's "too real" and that those in power can't handle "the truth".  Corbyn added one comment

“Why? You are in good company. Rockerfeller destroyed Diego Viera’s mural because it includes a picture of Lenin.”

That is unquestionably a "general comment about the removal of public art on grounds of freedom of speech" as Corbyn claims.  The question then is whether Corbyn actually saw the image in question (and decided that the freedom to give anti-Semitic offence was a freedom to be defended) or whether he just gegged into the thread without checking it out.  Corbyn states that he "did not look more closely at the image" - and that actually matches his comment for two reasons: firstly, he would not have to ask "why?" if he'd seen it; secondly, the misspelling of Rockefeller and Rivera suggest that he dashed the comment off in a rush (maybe on his phone, with the artist's name autocorrected to that of a Goon?)

Basically, people who have already decided that Corbyn is an anti-Semite aren't going to be swayed by his lifetime of opposition to all forms of racism.  They're just going to keep trying to convince us that the constant rehashing of a handful of weak and tenuous pieces of "evidence" adds up to a damning case against him.

*********************************************************************************

"In 2012 I made a general comment about the removal of public art on grounds of freedom of speech. My comment referred to the destruction of the mural Man at the Crossroads by Diego Rivera on the Rockefeller Center.

"That is in no way comparable with the mural in the original post. I sincerely regret that I did not look more closely at the image I was commenting on, the contents of which are deeply disturbing and anti-Semitic.

"I wholeheartedly support its removal.

"I am opposed to the production of anti-Semitic material of any kind, and the defence of free speech cannot be used as a justification for the promotion of anti-Semitism in any form. That is a view I've always held."

Corbyn referred to Hamas, people who literally want to commit genocide against the Jews, as friends. He regretted that, too. I'm prepared to accept he's not an anti-semite but, my goodness, the man doesn't help himself, does he?

Honest question, if it was 70 years ago and Jews were being persecuted on the streets of Europe do you reckon Corbyn would be one of the few protesting against it? I reckon so.
  • Upvote 1

Honest question, if it was 70 years ago and Jews were being persecuted on the streets of Europe do you reckon Corbyn would be one of the few protesting against it? I reckon so.

His mum was there in Cable Street.

http://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/corbyn-speaks-of-mothers-role-in-battle-cable-street/

I’d hope that Berger bringing that post up and Smith being sacked are not linked.

I’ve got my doubts though because I’m a cynical bastard. Berger is absolutely right to raise the question. However could she not have just wrote to him and then waited for him to respond before going public?

The timing for of it for me seems off. The anti-semitism angle had taken a back seat for a while, but then Owen goes against party policy and rightly gets sacked. It can’t all be a be coincidence. Shirley?

About that mural, I’m asking an honest question here as my knowledge of that mural is zero.

What’s offensive about it?

Rich people using property (which is true) to increase their wealth (which is true) at the detriment of others (which is true) some of the people in the painting who use their wealth to buy real estate are jewish( which is true)

Let's all get hysterical.

• Downvote 1