You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

They're like a pig in shit on there at the minute, by my reckoning they've got three threads going to attack him with.

The Labour Party one obviously, Brexit and now the Russian poisoning one.....

I did read once that Dan Hodges is a red so maybe he's on there.

Hang on, so you're allowed to debate politics on an open forum but only if you don't disagree with the prevailing mood.

And the dislike Corbyn?!

Just looked at RAWK - they have a policy of not allowing any story sourced from the Mail and will lock the thread if such a story appears. 

We self-censor with the S*n, and that's fine, and I fucking hate the Mail but actually censoring sports storeies on purely political grounds, Jesus Christ! 

Rawk is a football site and it even treats football opinions like political dissent in a totalitarian regime, is there any surprise how it treats other subjects. it's a fucking farce of a site it's an embarrassment too LFC in how it police's football talk it's an embarrassment to the idea of a forum on almost every other subject. It isn't even worth mentioning to validate any kind of opinion or point because it's so ridiculous.

We have ridiculous opinions and personal attacks on here that sometimes I feel go too far or become way too infantile but it works and it evens out somehow. I think mostly because no one takes this shit too seriously unlike rawk.

From what I read, I back Owen Smith's position on this. He wanted a referendum on the final Brexit deal. That's right and fair, in my opinion.

Yep, it’s the most sensible position. Still, Owen is not afraid of playing politics with the leadership - should probably stick to the party line if you want to remain front bench.

As it is, getting sacked suits him quite nicely. He gets to make a principled stance, and Corbyn cops some stick for ‘purging the moderates’. A great time was had by all.

Good leadership from Corbyn.

The party needs to be united and any suggestion of a second referendum, when it's not official party policy, could lead to the less politically savvy members of the electorate voting for another party than Labour.

It's sad but true, but there's no real appetite for a second referendum. Just look at the laughable Libs. They're floating several half brained ideas along such lines and they're still doing woefully in the polls.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I always thought if you sit on the front bench you accept party policy was the age old rule. Or go to the backbenches and are free to express any views you have. He's free to air his views now.

Let's not forget he ran a leadership campaign with a similar message and lost decisively.

They are still scheming, just in time to fill the weekend papers and wknd shows.

So, as I said, more people don't want a second referendum/aren't arsed, than those who do want a second referendum.

Yes. Just as you said. 'It's sad but true, but there's no real appetite for a second referendum' = 'Britons favour second referendum by 16-point margin'.

Just like you said. Jesus. What a terminal bore. Don't you have the self confidence to just say 'Oh, that's interesting... yes, looks like...'?

Yes. Just as you said. 'It's sad but true, but there's no real appetite for a second referendum' = 'Britons favour second referendum by 16-point margin'.Just like you said. Jesus. What a terminal bore. Don't you have the self confidence to just say 'Oh, that's interesting... yes, looks like...'?

Too busy juggling his free accounts. Must have over 15k posts and never paid a penny.

• Upvote 1