You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2016

dickie mint

I can already picture in my head the shit scared rabbit in the headlights look on Bellew's face the second he takes a right hand to the chin.

Nah, he'll be doing that look after the first stiff jab.

This will be the sort of face he pulls after the right hand to the chin -

rashad.jpg

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxf5m_mayweather-vs-gatti-hl_sport

Cant post Daily Motion embedded on here i don't think. If anyone ever doubts Mayweather being one of thew greats. Watch this. He destroyed Gatti. Let alone top 10 P4P ever, he is top 5. Id only have Ali, Marciano. Tyson and Leonard ahed. 

Cant post Daily Motion embedded on here i don't think. If anyone ever doubts Mayweather being one of thew greats. Watch this. He destroyed Gatti. Let alone top 10 P4P ever, he is top 5. Id only have Ali, Marciano. Tyson and Leonard ahed.

Tyson????

Madness

Marciano? The guy fought mostly tomato cans and beat up on washed-up legends. He should be nowhere near an all-time P4P list.

How.

All hype, he's not even in the top 5 at Heavyweight, though he just about scrapes top 10. Who's the best prime fighter he beat? Spinks maybe or Ruddock? The frequently maligned Klitschkos probably beat better fighters than them.

Never avenged a defeat, had the brains to implement a plan B or even showed any spirit against adversity in his fights, not even mentioning what a despicable rapist, psychopath cunt he is.

This is all before the vast number of fighters through history who deserve to be placed ahead of him.

I think Tyson fans get a bit carried away with the aura and reputation he had as the baddest man on the planet. Plus the whole "if Cus" this and "prime" that apologising gets tedious.

• Upvote 3

Bellew has watched Rocky 3 too many times, he thinks he's Clubber Lang. I hope Haye batters him.

It's a great fight for Bellew though, if he loses he's still got his world title at Cruiserseight. He's guaranteed himself at least 2 more pay days fighting Haye at heavyweight.

Haha

Tyson and Marciano top 5 all time.

Marciano fought next too nobody

A ancient Joe Lious and Walcott. A pumped up Light Heavy in Ezzard Charles.

Tyson and Maciano would be lucky to be a top 5 heavyweight of all time

Ali

Louis

Lewis

Frazier

Johnson

Foreman

Holyfield

Tyson was nothing but a bully,a modern day Sonny Liston. Once his aura wasnt there he couldn't win. The heavyweights of his era are average (as are Lennox Lewis but he was at the top far longer).

George Foreman would have knocked him into next week in his heyday. Frazier had more heart and guts. Jack Johnson changed boxing and was one of the greatest defensive boxers of alltime. Holyfield showed what he could do to Tyson with his chin and heart

Once Tyson knew he couldnt bully and put prople away he faded.

Marciano far too small to be in with these guys and gought a who's who if cans.

I wouldn't have Floyd top 5 p4p as i dont think he could have lived with a few a Welterweight

Hearns,Leonard and Robinson both beat him imo. I'd love to have seen him and Duran or Chavez,not in Vegas were the refs would split them the second Mayweather clinched,but reffed like its the 70/80s were fighters could fight inside over 15 rounds. See if Floyd could fight rough,we know Leonard/Hearns/Robinson could.

Id also throw the likes of Henry Armstrong. Sam Langford another,wether his style would allow him to fight modern fighters im unsure but id put my money of Langford beating Floyd;anyman that started as a 5'7 lightweight and ended up being avoided by heavyweights is special. Ring magazine has him number 2 biggest puncher all time

Just forgot to be honest.

Probably around the bottom end of the list. Thats lists not in order just a few names. I think Holmes is unlucky that he came around between eras of opponents. A few earlier and he gets the 70s a few later and he gets Tyson,Holyfield and Bowe to cement a legacy

Not for me

The Lewis fight showed everything for me. An unmotivated/Unfocused Lewis could and did get beat but Vitali couldn't do it. I don't care he was marginally ahead on the scorecards he was done and would have been KOd. That eye was a mess and he would't have seen Lewis big punches coming. Vitali was far better than Wlad as he wasn't as robotic and had true KO power but he was too hitable and like most Eastern Europan fighters not great going backwards. He would be a fair way down my list

Haha

Tyson and Marciano top 5 all time.

Marciano fought next too nobody

A ancient Joe Lious and Walcott. A pumped up Light Heavy in Ezzard Charles.

Tyson and Maciano would be lucky to be a top 5 heavyweight of all time

Ali

Louis

Lewis

Frazier

Johnson

Foreman

Holyfield

Tyson was nothing but a bully,a modern day Sonny Liston. Once his aura wasnt there he couldn't win. The heavyweights of his era are average (as are Lennox Lewis but he was at the top far longer).

George Foreman would have knocked him into next week in his heyday. Frazier had more heart and guts. Jack Johnson changed boxing and was one of the greatest defensive boxers of alltime. Holyfield showed what he could do to Tyson with his chin and heart

Once Tyson knew he couldnt bully and put prople away he faded.

Marciano far too small to be in with these guys and gought a who's who if cans.

I wouldn't have Floyd top 5 p4p as i dont think he could have lived with a few a Welterweight

Hearns,Leonard and Robinson both beat him imo. I'd love to have seen him and Duran or Chavez,not in Vegas were the refs would split them the second Mayweather clinched,but reffed like its the 70/80s were fighters could fight inside over 15 rounds. See if Floyd could fight rough,we know Leonard/Hearns/Robinson could.

Id also throw the likes of Henry Armstrong. Sam Langford another,wether his style would allow him to fight modern fighters im unsure but id put my money of Langford beating Floyd;anyman that started as a 5'7 lightweight and ended up being avoided by heavyweights is special. Ring magazine has him number 2 biggest puncher all time

Holyfield?

Tough but but no all time great. You even admit the division was weak at that time but somehow evander still gets in? Bonkers.

Marciano? The guy fought mostly tomato cans and beat up on washed-up legends. He should be nowhere near an all-time P4P list.

To discredit a man that fought the majority of a fight with an all time great like Ezzard Charles with his nose literally hanging off his face and then seemingly have no problem with Floyd being considered an all time great. I don't even know what to say to that. 

Id easily have Lewis as a top 5 heavyweight

Id have Lewis above Frazier,Holmes,Foreman,Liston,Tyson,Bowe,Hollyfield and Marciano easily.

The only heavyweights id put with him are Ali,Louis and possibly Johnson. He was far too big for just about any other heavyweights to deal with,fully motivated he was as good as anyone post Ali

Overhyped for me. Lewis cleared up a poor division at that time yet didn't do it very convincingly.

Where would you have vitali klit? Above or below holyfield? If have them about level but if pushed Id go for Vitali.

I don't see how someone who lost to hasim Rahman as top ten all time list material myself I wouldn't have many of any from the modern era.

Ali

Lewis joe

Foreman

Frazier

Holmes

Marciano

Liston

Dempsey

Norton

Tunney