You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2016

dickie mint

So who should he be fighting other than unbeaten guys? If it's someone like Tony Thompson it's an old bum? He can't win

Aye that's it, he's been out for nearly 4 years, he's 35 and he needs tuneups. He's also fighting on fucking Dave what do people expect, as soon as he fights a live opponent he'll be back on Sky sports.

Fuck that shit. People were paying good money tonight to watch a load of mismatches. There are plenty of decent fighters out there, even Chisora and Thompson would challenge him to some extent. This was a fait a complete before the fight began. Bullshit.

He's also on a comeback from a big operation on his shoulder, he's not going to risk it going against a live opponent. It's his second comeback fight, more the fool for the people paying for it, I hope the tickets weren't expensive. He should have been on an undercard fight but hes promoted himself pretty well to get a big crowd like that, he's no fool in fairness.

Can't see how Haye gets blame for this,he's tuning up again and this lad was around 27 unbeaten, as soon as he felt his power he didn't want to know.

Agreed, that guy looked at the same level as those AJ has been fighting if not better.It looked like the guy was up for the fight before it started, he got hit with a hard punch that a lot wouldn't have got up from and he was probably dazed when that jab put him down.

I think Hearn is good at his job but I don't understand why he hasn't got Briggs and Haye on his team, Briggs is a big personality who can make a lot of money and Haye is in the top two when it comes to the British heavyweights.

I hope it is Haye who gets to knock AJ out, he doesn't get enough credit and there's a lot of people who think AJ would destroy him.

How many 'Tune ups' is Haye going to have? You can get much harder sparring than he's had in his last two fights and im sure he has in the build up. A washed up Briggs is no better either, if he's filling up the O2 with this shite I suppose you can't blame him though.

To be fair he has only had 2 , after a really serious injury & you couldn't imagine tonight's guy would be that bad with a 27-0 record , even if there were no major names in there.

I get the impression Haye is attracting a more personality-based audience rather than a hardcore boxing audience & they would probably be bored by a 12 round grueller.

• Upvote 1

Lennox Lewis was the last person to KO Briggs in a great fight back in 1998 so maybe the fight will last a bit longer at least, though why they need 4 months build up after short work this evening is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

Haye looks huge, don't ever remember seeing him looking this muscley.

Glad it's not just me.  I just saw this pic of him and I have to say that's a very interesting change for someone who has been away from the ring for as long as he was, don't remember him ever being anything like that kind of size.

0dd745b.jpg

I read this morning that in the two fights Haye has had to deal with 4 punches. He is more at risk with his sparring partners than these bums. He is msking sure he cant loose before the payday he returned for

Watching the boxing on Dave was the worst shower of shit I've ever witnessed, it was worse than channel 5 and they're fucking shit aswell. Daves had two big events in there lifetime and yesterday was just plain embarrassing.

Onto the boxing, I can understand why Haye is fighting bums at the moment, what I don't understand is the long ish lay offs in between the bouts, he fought 40 seconds then waits months to fight again. Fights for 2 minutes yesterday then says Briggs in September, what the fuck? He should be or should I say could be fighting every 3-4 weeks against these tin cans, as people been saying he does look huge but weighs less than his last fight. Shane McGuigan seems like he's into developing explosive power via plyo and similar training, how's he got so big.

A mate of mine who's a massive gear head reckons he must be on something to get that big and lean yet lighter and that's the reason he's taking these breaks between fights to appear clean. I haven't a clue because I've never really looked into steroids and body shape and things, on a side note he thinks Briggs is on something also because of his turtle belly.

• Upvote 2