You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bordeaux (H) 26 Nov 2015

aRdja

Such a shame Joe Gomez got injured as I think he'd be doing well under Klopp and would have plenty of chance to shine. I think his time will come as he looked such a good player for his age.

Hopefully we'll have plenty to get a good result against Bordeaux. It's Thanksgiving over here and everyone is off enjoying an extra 'freebie' Christmas dinner (that's how I see it!) My wife's brother works with a couple of English people who are over here in Indiana with work, so they are all coming over for Thanksgiving. I heard that the bloke is a Liverpool fan so we'll be watching the match. Football and Turkey is a Thanksgiving tradition after all!

• Upvote 1

Such a shame Joe Gomez got injured as I think he'd be doing well under Klopp and would have plenty of chance to shine. I think his time will come as he looked such a good player for his age.

Echo this.  He and Ings would be working their socks off for Klopp right now.

Such a bummer to have them both tear knee ligaments at the same time.

• Upvote 1

I sort of expect a good performance and result, because our last European performance was sublime, Klopp knows Europe.

That said, it's a home game, and Benteke seems in line to play, and so all optimism I have is slipping away.

It's very clear that the game at the weekend is massive if we are to sustain any sort of successful top four push, and that clearly has to be the priority.

Klopp has to play the fixture list, it's only natural to look what's coming next because we've got so many games coming up in the next 30 days:

Bordeaux (h)

Thu 26 Nov 20:05

Swansea (h)

Sun 29 Nov 16:15

League Cup - Quarter-Final

Southampton (a)

Wed 2 Dec 19:45

Newcastle (a)

Sun 6 Dec 16:00

FC Sion (a)

Thu 10 Dec 18:00

West Brom (h)

Sun 13 Dec 16:00

Watford (a)

Sun 20 Dec 13:30

Leicester (h)

Sat 26 Dec 15:00

Sunderland (a)

Wed 30 Dec 19:45

It's a great time to have Sturridge coming back in, but I would look upon him very much as a bonus.

I'd start him tonight against Bordeaux, and I'd start him against Sion. European teams aren't, in theory, going to batter him all over the park. Also gives him two weeks rest between the games, so we can make sure he's ok and then look at introducing him to the PL games from 13 Dec.

It's going to be a tough, tough run, because our pressing game takes a toll on players, especially if players are not yet at peak physical condition to play this style.

I worry about Clyne and Moreno getting injuries especially, due to the nature of their roles.

I sort of expect a good performance and result, because our last European performance was sublime, Klopp knows Europe.

That said, it's a home game, and Benteke seems in line to play, and so all optimism I have is slipping away.

It's very clear that the game at the weekend is massive if we are to sustain any sort of successful top four push, and that clearly has to be the priority.

Klopp has to play the fixture list, it's only natural to look what's coming next because we've got so many games coming up in the next 30 days:

Bordeaux (h)

Thu 26 Nov 20:05

Swansea (h)

Sun 29 Nov 16:15

League Cup - Quarter-Final

Southampton (a)

Wed 2 Dec 19:45

Newcastle (a)

Sun 6 Dec 16:00

FC Sion (a)

Thu 10 Dec 18:00

West Brom (h)

Sun 13 Dec 16:00

Watford (a)

Sun 20 Dec 13:30

Leicester (h)

Sat 26 Dec 15:00

Sunderland (a)

Wed 30 Dec 19:45

We should win every one of those.

• Upvote 1

It won’t be confirmed for many hours yet ... but we’re hearing this could be the starting line up tonight.

Mignolet – Clyne, Touré, Lovren, Moreno – Milner, Lucas, Allen – Ibe, Firmino – Benteke.

Subs: Bogdán, Brad Smith, Connor Randall, Lallana, Emre Can, Cameron Brannagan, Sturridge, Origi.

It won’t be confirmed for many hours yet ... but we’re hearing this could be the starting line up tonight.

Mignolet – Clyne, Touré, Lovren, Moreno – Milner, Lucas, Allen – Ibe, Firmino – Benteke.

Subs: Bogdán, Brad Smith, Connor Randall, Lallana, Emre Can, Cameron Brannagan, Sturridge, Origi.

Mate of mine who is a twatter fanatic just texted me that exact same team...so i assume that is from twatter?

Strong line up. I suppose it's a gamble worth taking, our next game is also at home. win and we can travel with a weakened team to Switzerland when fixtures are coming hard and fast.

Toure, Allen, Ibe & Benteke.  Four changes that weakens the team.  More than enough to risk.  Should still get the job done against an awful Bordeux side.

Klopp's biggest problem is that team simply can't play the same brand of football we seen at the weekend so we're gonna be inconsistent until he builds his own squad.

I like that team and it's more then strong enough to beat Boutdeaux, Benteke and Ibe need and deserve game time.Good to see Allen be allowed to push forward a bit if this team is right, the last time that happened he controlled the game for the last 30 minutes against Bournemouth.