You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

10 hours ago, Jurgen Knows said:

What’s your Top 5 British war crimes? 

Bush: I got a coalition of the willing. I got 40 nations ready to roll, son! Reporter: Like who? Bush: Who the fuck said that? Huh? Huh? Like who? England. Japan's sending Playstations. Stankonia said they are willing to drop bombs over Baghdad. Riggity Row is coming. Afrika Bambaataa and the Zulu Nation. So, I'm not doing this by myself, and I'm not disrespecting the UN, even though they don't got no army. Go sell some medicine, bitches! I'm trying to get that oil...[coughs, trying to cover up saying oil] hole!

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

My uncle made a good point I'd never considered, they didn't buy him for his ability but for the symbolism. If money can break him it can break anyone.

Too much Star Wars material there.

They bought him because the clueless manager they recently hired doesn’t know any better.

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

My uncle made a good point I'd never considered, they didn't buy him for his ability but for the symbolism. If money can break him it can break anyone.

To be fair, Mark, Henderson is not Corbyn or Chomsky. 

Guys with a history of scholarship/integrity whose appeal is solely based on righteousness and have decades of activism you can legitimately hold them to.

He’s a lad in his twenties, who said “I think everyone should be allowed to watch football without being discriminated against”

It’s good that he said, but he wasn’t advocating for revolutionary ideas.

Just not being cunts and a minimal amount of decency.

If Henderson was a poster on this forum, he’d probably be getting called a Tory cunt, not because he is, but because those aren’t really positions.

David Cameron was in favour of LGBTQ rights and paying Nurses a good wage. It’s standard one nation Tory stuff that you hear from Ken Clarke, Rory Stewart et al.

• Haha 1

Martin Samuel, the all-purpose Lord Haw-Haw of the 21st Century, has his usual take on the matter:

If bankers or engineers were tackled on LGBT rights most would answer as Henderson did because it is only kind, fair and polite; and then they would go to work in Saudi Arabia just the same. Footballers are no better than they ought to be; no better than much of the human race, unsurprisingly.

In Marty's mind, the only reason people want Man City investigated is down to a reactionary desire to defend the status quo, and the only reason people object to barbaric regimes is down to wanting to seem nicer than they really are. Even Thomas Hobbes would throw up reading this nasty little cynic's chronic wriggle-waffling.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Martin Samuel, the all-purpose Lord Haw-Haw of the 21st Century, has his usual take on the matter:

In Marty's mind, the only reason people want Man City investigated is down to a reactionary desire to defend the status quo, and the only reason people object to barbaric regimes is down to wanting to seem nicer than they really are. Even Thomas Hobbes would throw up reading this nasty little cynic's chronic wriggle-waffling.

Hasn’t Dave said his son is on the City payroll in some capacity?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I'd thought about that, and if it had been one of the PIF clubs I think it might be a chance. But for the club he's joining? I just think it's a case of Gerrard is not a very imaginative manager. When he joined rangers he took a load of Liverpool players he knew, when he joined villa he got coutinho and now he's fucked off to Saudi he's got another one of his mates in. 

17 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

If the Henderson deal fell through for whatever reason, there is no way back for him. Honestly, they would be best letting him go on a free if the Saudis pull out because he’s never gonna get back on side with the support.

Same as it ever was then.