You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Do people understand how fucking arrogant it is to kick up a massive stink to get yourself a 4 year contract on obscene wages, and then two years later after you stink the gaff out, kick up another massive stink to try force club to let you walk away for free?

How much contempt do you have to hold us in to go about your business like that?

Disrespectful and ungrateful cunt. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I just see Henderson as being a nice bloke basically. He was arranging that NHS donation stuff wasn't he around Covid? I'm pretty sure I've seen him do stuff around food banks and I reckon he's always first into Alder Hey come Christmas. When he's tweeted support for LGBT people I imagined that's what it was, rather than him trying to style himself (and make money/profile out of) as some kind of activist.

What's that then, a completely empty gesture? He's a bloke who's nice enough to send a tweet to support LGBTQ, but not nice enough to say no to millions from those who make LGBTQ illegal.

Doesn't compute.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

So fucking what though? He is 33 years fucking old and the gaffer has stuck by him despite his critics for years, how utterly arrogant does he have to be to not understand the need for transition? Put it this way, in what world is Henderson a key player for any of the top 10 teams in the league? He is fucking fortunate. There's a reason the only club after him are those in Saudi, and not even one of the rich ones, just the broke bastards that Stevie happens to manage.

But let's say he is truly shocked and disappointed at not being guaranteed game time (because he is deluded), there is a way to go about it. To start briefing all of the journos who love to nosh you off that you're going to move and have agreed terms, before the Saudi club has even approached us with an offer and figured out if they can afford our demands, completely puts the club in disarray during a really important pre season. He is our fucking CAPTAIN for fucks sake. I don't think people understand how disrespectful all of this carry on is and this is before even getting into the issue of the mask slipping and all of his LGBTQ support being as empty as his goal tally.

Fucking shit cunt. Only reason I gave him some license was because I thought he was a sound fella. 

Whatever happens, there is no chance in hell he should be near the captaincy or the first team next season, so I just hope Klopp can suppress his sentimentality to ensure that is the case.

A man whose lifted a Champions League and a League title as captain for us has to do quite a bit for me to slag him off as easily as you do fella. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

What's that then, a completely empty gesture? He's a bloke who's nice enough to send a tweet to support LGBTQ, but not nice enough to say no to millions from those who make LGBTQ illegal.

Doesn't compute.

So he shouldn't support gay people under any circumstances unless he's unwilling to work in any country which doesn't have Liberal sexuality laws?

"Hendo support our cause with an armband."

"I'm afraid I can't as it would preclude me from working in the middle east for the rest of my life."

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

So he shouldn't support gay people under any circumstances unless he's unwilling to work in any country which doesn't have Liberal sexuality laws?

"Hendo support our cause with an armband."

"I'm afraid I can't as it would preclude me from working in the middle east for the rest of my life."

Hahahaha fucking hell, that's a pretty reductive way of describing Saudi Arabia's view on equality and inclusion. But yes, seeing as you seem to be asking me this question seriously, don't make a fucking parade song and dance that you support gays if you're this desperate to take money off a country who actively beheads gays.

It's not like he's going to that country due to the excellence of the competition or to further his technical ability, its a pure fucking money grab and holiday.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Would you work in Saudi Arabia for 700 grand a week? 

Come on, Stig, lad. That’s a rubbish question.

If it was a more fair question it would be “treble your current wage”.

But even then it’s not really fair.

”If you were on millions a year already…”

Hendo has acted appallingly here. Captain of Liverpool and at the first sight of some competition, and the first sniff of more cash, he’s bolted.

Naked greed.

He’s a coward and a soulless commodity and he should be ashamed.

You may think it doesn’t take much for someone like me to turn against a cup-winning captain. Well actually it does.

I can’t remember being as disappointed in a Liverpool player for a very long time.

I hold him to a different standard as the Brazilians as they are right-wing evangelical nut jobs.

Hendo has appalled me. All this talk of a “pay day” is hopelessly misguided.

He’s a greedy coward.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

He made a big deal out of getting this long contract he's on. He must have known when he signed it, it was pretty unlikely he would be a regular in the side by the end of it, but all he was arsed about was getting the security of a long term deal. Good for him.  But after that I don't care if he wants more playing time or not, he got his contract for the good of Jordan henderson. The price of having a long contract is Liverpool determine when he leaves for the good of Liverpool if he wants out before the end. Personally I don't care what goes on from here as long as he's not captain next season. If we sell him, great. If he's 8th choice midfielder risking his England place, that's sound too. 

Hair brained fan boys and apologists have clearly warped and skewed Henderson's grasp on reality. Toxic positivity has that affect.

He's never been good enough to hold down a first team place. Being able to run all day and being "a nice lad", fucks sake, imagine if he got Michael Owen to write a dossier for him, it'd be emptier than his highlight reel.

Terrible player with a tarnished reputation. Be gone ye Satan.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Hair brained fan boys and apologists have clearly warped and skewed Henderson's grasp on reality. Toxic positivity has that affect.

He's never been good enough to hold down a first team place. Being able to run all day and being "a nice lad", fucks sake, imagine if he got Michael Owen to write a dossier for him, it'd be emptier than his highlight reel.

Haha, “never been good enough to hold down a first team place”.

He’s only held down 490 first team places, never mind being captain of the team when we won fucking everything.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jose Jones said:

Haha, “never been good enough to hold down a first team place”.

He’s only held down 490 first team places, never mind being captain of the team when we won fucking everything.

Yup, never had a player so limited achieved so much.

A testament to how great the other 10 lads in the team have been.

5 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Yup, never had a player so limited achieved so much.

A testament to how great the other 10 lads in the team have been.

Yes that’s obviously right. Tell you what, how many players from the squad when Klopp first arrived are left?

Rhetorical question, it’s 1, Hendo. 
Why do you reckon Klopp kept him but changed everyone else?

1 minute ago, Jose Jones said:

Yes that’s obviously right. Tell you what, how many players from the squad when Klopp first arrived are left?

Rhetorical question, it’s 1, Hendo. 
Why do you reckon Klopp kept him but changed everyone else?

Due to the insane wage he's (already) on and his disproportionately poor performances no sensible club will offer a transfer fee for him.

That's why we should snatch the Saudi's hands off.

Hendo wouldn't catch the eye in the current Sunderland team.

26 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Due to the insane wage he's (already) on and his disproportionately poor performances no sensible club will offer a transfer fee for him.

That's why we should snatch the Saudi's hands off.

Hendo wouldn't catch the eye in the current Sunderland team.

So in the 8 years Klopp’s been here, there’s no way he could have sold Hendo, so just had to keep picking him every season as captain?

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

You know loads of that isn't true. He was an integral part of a side that has got over 90 points 3 times, won the title and champions league. He's been a smashing footballer for us, he's been no souness.or Gerrard, but a smashing player all the same. But he's been shite for a while, he plays better when used sparingly, he persists in adding to this problem by running around with England and a result all round would be we get a decent fee for him and he gets to do whatever the fuck he plans to do in Saudi, aside from getting ridiculously rich. I don't think I've read one post on here advocating he should stay for football reasons, more about his off field stuff - and surely he's blown any chance of being a leader of this team by his current actions. There's no sporting justification for him to stay around, let's be happy for a decent fee and move on. There's no need to pretend he's always been shite, because it's simply not true, but his time is over now and I'll be glad to see the back of him. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, razor said:

Come on, Stig, lad. That’s a rubbish question.

If it was a more fair question it would be “treble your current wage”.

But even then it’s not really fair.

”If you were on millions a year already…”

Indeed. And, in fact, if you're a scientist, teacher, engineer, pretty much whatever, you do have this choice. 

It's not one I would take (or have ever taken). And, like you say, it would make far more difference to my life trebling my wages than it would to Henderson. He is already fucking rich. He already has enough money to secure future generations. We are paying him 9m quid a year. 

He just needs fucking off now. Fuck the rot in the reserves gear, just get him out of the club as soon as possible. You can't have your captain doing this, especially after the carry on with his contract, and especially not now when we desperately need a good pre season after last year's fiasco. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Would you go and work for the IDF for £100k per week?

That's a false equivalence. How is this comparable to working for a football club that from what I've read has no connection to the state fund that owns the other saudi clubs, and even if it did it still wouldn't compare. 

That would be like Mo Salah having a moral dilemma playing for us (or any other British club) due to the oppression perpetrated by the British government, including aiding and abeting the terrorist IDF organisation. Not to mention the rampant institutional racism and islamophobia it perpetuates.

8 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Do people understand how fucking arrogant it is to kick up a massive stink to get yourself a 4 year contract on obscene wages, and then two years later after you stink the gaff out, kick up another massive stink to try force club to let you walk away for free?

How much contempt do you have to hold us in to go about your business like that?

Disrespectful and ungrateful cunt. 

I dont remember him 'kicking up a stink' at all. This is an agent's job and a job which the agent did for their client. The club offered a deal when they could have done otherwise so I see no fault in these players(through their agents)asking for what they feel they can get. Blame him for poor form but it is the club which gives out the contracts.

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I dont remember him 'kicking up a stink' at all. This is an agent's job and a job which the agent did for their client. The club offered a deal when they could have done otherwise so I see no fault in these players(through their agents)asking for what they feel they can get. Blame him for poor form but it is the club which gives out the contracts.

You mean aside from allowing his agent to start touting him around other clubs? 

• dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)