You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Is that a euphemism?

No. I went on holiday by mistake, met Mike Tyson on the way and ended up in Benidorm trying to avoid shit English and Dutch food. The only time I got anywhere near anything Spanish I ended up eating loads of raw tuna. I don't even like seafood. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

No. I went on holiday by mistake, met Mike Tyson on the way and ended up in Benidorm trying to avoid shit English and Dutch food. The only time I got anywhere near anything Spanish I ended up eating loads of raw tuna. I don't even like seafood. 

Repped for the Withnail and I reference, and I'm not even a fan of the movie. 

9 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

"When I voted to leave I didn't think it would change anything for my rights to live here. We like it here and we don't want to go back but if I don't get my pension we might not have a choice."

That's right. You didn't think.

Honestly going to laugh up a kidney if thousands of Leave-voting coffin-dodgers are forced back home from Spain. "Yeah, you wanted to leave the European Union, so you're leaving the European Union. Bon frottage!"

A couple of million pension-drawing non-workers come here, to replace the couple of million tax-paying workers who are being driven out.

"It's a boon!"

11 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Red Len. Now the clip finishes quickly so don’t want to be hoodwinked again, but...

I was right a few weeks back then. He is a cunt. Funny how he and the Labour leadership respect the referendum result but are ignoring the last 3 general elections in wanting another GE. 

5 hours ago, skend04 said:

I was right a few weeks back then. He is a cunt. Funny how he and the Labour leadership respect the referendum result but are ignoring the last 3 general elections in wanting another GE. 

Last time I'm sure you called McCluskey a cunt as you were under the impression he supported a No Deal. On Peston last night he again repeated the government should extend Article 50 and take No Deal off the table. Surely that is the only sensible proposal at this time. A lot of people rightly think another referendum doesn't solve the issues or is feasible or winnable and would have unintended consequences. That doesn't mean if there is one they won't possibly vote for remain in some cases. Or in Unites case fund and campaign for remain. 

If everything is tariff free, it will be cheaper. Cheaper stuff is better for poor people. Therefore No deal is better for poor people. How can people not see this ?

Hence, people who want a deal are anti poor people.

The above is from the working class hero fighting daily for the poor and down trodden Jacob Rees Mogg. 

Whenever I hear a tory going on about how it will help the poor, I know they are chatting more shit than normal.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

If everything is tariff free, it will be cheaper. Cheaper stuff is better for poor people. Therefore No deal is better for poor people. How can people not see this ?

Hence, people who want a deal are anti poor people.

The above is from the working class hero fighting daily for the poor and down trodden Jacob Rees Mogg. 

Whenever I hear a tory going on about how it will help the poor, I know they are chatting more shit than normal.

Tariffs are a conspiracy pushed by the New World Order and they originated in Ancient Egypt. The Egyptians got their knowledge of tariffs from an ancient civilisation that started out closer to the galactic center, who had to start using them when Reptilians flooded their planet with cheap solar panels.

This is why we should leave the EU and try to trade with no tariffs.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Tariffs are a conspiracy pushed by the New World Order and they originated in Ancient Egypt. The Egyptians got their knowledge of tariffs from an ancient civilisation that started out closer to the galactic center, who had to start using them when Reptilians flooded their planet with cheap solar panels.

This is why we should leave the EU and try to trade with no tariffs.

Not the daftest reasoning I've heard.

6 minutes ago, Boss said:

What's wrong with zero tariffs? Doesn't everyone praise the EU because it's tariff-free trade? Isn't that the purpose of the Single Market?

The EU also safeguards member states industries from dumping and unfairly subsidised 3rd country imports which damage domestic producers.  A deregulated UK would be very bad for British manufacturing not that the Tories would give a shit.

34 minutes ago, Boss said:

What's wrong with zero tariffs? Doesn't everyone praise the EU because it's tariff-free trade? Isn't that the purpose of the Single Market?

20 minutes ago, magicrat said:

The EU also safeguards member states industries from dumping and unfairly subsidised 3rd country imports which damage domestic producers.  A deregulated UK would be very bad for British manufacturing not that the Tories would give a shit.

... and ensures basic standards for workers, environmental protection, health & safety, etc. so it's a level playing field.  Non-EU countries will be able to either undercut UK businesses or force standards down.

7 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

... and ensures basic standards for workers, environmental protection, health & safety, etc. so it's a level playing field.  Non-EU countries will be able to either undercut UK businesses or force standards down.

The UK can ensure basic standards for workers, environmental protections and health and safety on it's own without EU arbiters. Non EU countries already undercut UK businesses and forcing standards down is subjective.