You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Witcher 3

Going from Assassin's Creed straight to this is a difficult switch given the difference in tolerances for jumping off shit.

It is a weird mechanic, you can be punched in the face by a cyclops, mauled by a basilisk or get a boulder to the bollocks from a rock troll anf shake it off but you can die from a twisted ankle falling off a barrel.

I've spent far too long trying to build up my Gwent deck. My Northern Realms pack is now a formidable force unlike my Monsters pack which is still lacking in numbers.

I've got the basics of gwent down it's just so fucking boring. I buy the cards from all the vendors just because but have only played two games. One at the start of the game and one to stop ravvi getting shanked.

Hit a weird glitch in Skellige where I managed to fall off a pier with Roach and after the screen going black for 10 seconds I found myself on an island as far away as I could be from where I was. 

Took fucking ages to get back by horse and boat.

Just did the quest with Keira trying to track down an elf, goes on for ages but was worth it. Anyway, decided to head south to find a fast travel marker... FUCK ING HELL.

Just spent the last hour getting my ass kicked, just kept running until I found an abandoned site with a fencepost I could liberate.

This is a great, great game. I wish we could have a similar folklore entwined game (featuring a ronin maybe) set in a feudal Japan.

I've had a week off and I've put in maybe 6 hours a day on it. It's completely engrossing and all my earlier reservations have been blown away. I'm up to level 14 now, I've crafted a set of Griffin armour, I've got a shitload of new Gwent cards and one of my quest chains had a really grim ending. It's really easy to get sidetracked when you're on your way somewhere.

Up to level 18 now and I've barely set foot in the Skelige Isles. Gonna be gutted going back to work on Tuesday and not being able to hammer this.

Probably want to get yourself to Skellige now so you can take advantage of the exp from the side missions. You're probably already slightly overpowered now.

I went over at 21 having done pretty much everything I could in Velen/Novigrad including all the undiscovered locations (barring the glitched lamp location, and a glitched hidden treasure that won't grey out and annoys the fuck out of me) and lots of quests are around the 15 level mark.

Good luck on Skellige it's a frustrating fuck nut of a mountainous shit hole.

I fucking hate Skellige.

Spent 5 hours last night completing all the undiscovered locations I'd uncovered to date (still have 3 notice boards to do before I move back to the main story so that will uncover more), 90% of which were smugglers caches out to sea, including an annoying moment where, as far away from land and any fast travel points as possible, my boat sank and I had to swim for 20 minutes back to land whilst overburdened.

Just got this off eBay for £35, Bargain by the sounds of it. Can't wait for it to turn up. Any pointers for the beginning?

Do everything in white orchard before you progress to the other regions. It's essentially an extended training ground for the rest of the game but will allow you to level up and start collecting and crafting starter witcher gear (you can get a viper sword (steel and silver).

Talk to everyone who hasn't got a generic name.

Only use the main story to progress your ability to do side quests as eventually the story will stop you completing side quests.

• Upvote 1

I'm a fucker for a game of Gwent. Bitches be stepping to me and being put down all over the place.

My only Gwent deck that's a bit shit is Monsters, all my others are strong. Still prefer playing with the Northern Realms as I like Foltest's weather-clearing ability.