You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

Looks like the Mancs have now agreed to sell De Gea to Real Madrid for £29m plus Keylor Navas.

That would be a good deal for them, fortunately for us the truth is actually 29m MINUS Navas, who is valued over 10m.

I don't know what Woodward is up to over there but I'm beginning to think he's secretly a Liverpool fan.  It's too bad we are such a shambles; they shouldn't be finishing anywhere near top 4 the way they're going.

That would be a good deal for them, fortunately for us the truth is actually 29m MINUS Navas, who is valued over 10m.

I don't know what Woodward is up to over there but I'm beginning to think he's secretly a Liverpool fan.  It's too bad we are such a shambles; they shouldn't be finishing anywhere near top 4 the way they're going.

If that is the truth, then essentially they are getting the same amount of cash back as what they originally paid for him, and I think he had a year left on his contract back then too.

They've let Evans, Hernandez, Januzaij and DeGea go in past few days.

They've got this kid from France but surely they've done the above to make room for a more established signing?

Hopefully we'll all get to see a long haired pikey emerge from a helicopter at Carrington looking a bit dazed and confused

You may come to regret saying that...........

cavani.jpg

If that is the truth, then essentially they are getting the same amount of cash back as what they originally paid for him, and I think he had a year left on his contract back then too.

He wasn't one of the best keepers in the world at that time. If Raheem Sterling is a 49 m attacker, DeGea is easily a 45m keeper (if there is such a thing).

Navas was bought for less than 10 - how can he be worth more now?

Unless the Mancs suddenly get their hands on a world class attacker we'll have an excellent chance at displacing them in the top 4 with de Gea gone. Huge transfer news that, as evidenced by their 2-1 loss to Swansea. The amount of points de Gea has saved them the last couple of years has been incredible, so I for one am ecstatic about him leaving them.

Don't mind them looking like Real's farmer club again either (snigger).

And yes, I know that we're not much better off. Puts a bit of a dent in their self-proclaimed biggest club in the world, we can do what we want and buy who we want - image as well...

Label me bitter if needs be, there's way too many Manc cnuts around where I live for me to not take pleasure in their problems.... speaking of which, van Gaal isn't exactly having tons of praise coming his way either.....

• Upvote 2

There's some rumours abound that we've triggered Yarmolenkos release clause and are after him. Maybe in response to the West Ham loss and the Sunderland bid for Borini. Either way if there's any truth in it, he'd be a fantastic signing.

This would be a great signing. I really hope we can get him in if this is true. Anyone heard anymore about this? The Mkhitaryan exclusive from the Independent seems to have been a load of bollocks, he would be a good signing too.

They're not half talking up this De Gea deal on SSN.

United almost breaking the record for a player in the last year of his contract.

Deal worth £29m, as Navas is "worth" £11m. Load of bollox.

They did mention though, if this deal goes through for Martial, Van Gaal will have spent over £250m since joining last year.

The way he's going, it's like a Liverpool fan being in charge of them.

Also think I heard Ballague saying Navas will be boosting his wages from 2m per year to 12 million. Might have misheard that. But it wouldn't surprise me in their desperation that they have to give the makeweight in the deal 250k a week so they'd not be stuck for a 'keeper.

Just read this in the Gazzetta. One of the comments below the article talks about how many number 10s Milan have bought over the last couple of years and then played out of position.

Aye, out of the frying pan for him.

In other news, the lower-middle order of the league appears to be filling up with Ex-LFC players bound to score past us this season.