You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So what car do you drive?

Guest Pistonbroke

I've had a couple Mercs - I got an new E-class in about 97, and the windscreen wipers failed on the day I got it.  The next one had issues with it as well, so I've since gone with Audis.  I've had my current one for about 5 years, and it's been better than the Mercs.

I've had a couple Mercs - I got an new E-class in about 97, and the windscreen wipers failed on the day I got it. The next one had issues with it as well, so I've since gone with Audis. I've had my current one for about 5 years, and it's been better than the Mercs.

I got a merc and within 3 hours of it being delivered it was on a low loader being carted off. I was hoping it'd improved...

The new e-class looks ace outside but I had a test drive and it's smaller than the BMW on the inside. And dearer.

Edit: and the sat nav looks like it's been designed by fisher price

Recently changed my old Nissan Pathfinder for a new Honda CRV. It was between a Subaru Outback or a Honda CRV and I went with the latter as a new model just came out and I liked Apple Car Play and some of the other modern features. I plan to keep it for a long time. Very happy with it.

I got a merc and within 3 hours of it being delivered it was on a low loader being carted off. I was hoping it'd improved...

The new e-class looks ace outside but I had a test drive and it's smaller than the BMW on the inside. And dearer.

Edit: and the sat nav looks like it's been designed by fisher price

I had 2 GLA's in the space of 6 months, as loan cars while I was on probation and my car was on order.

The paint jobs were fucking terrible. Especially in the second. Looked like Stevie Wonder has daubed the paint on.

The auto was ponderous at times, sometimes unresponsive, especially in eco.

The Satnav was Garmin lower end product that was so unclear you'd often mid your turn.

The 2.0d engine was gruff as fuck. The tyre noise on concrete sections of motorways was totally unbearable. The noise suppression was shite.

The way infotainment system crashed after too often. Especially on the 2nd, where I had to factory reset on a fortnightly basis.

I have to say my six months of Merc ownership got the badge snobbery well and truly out of me.

• Upvote 1

I had 2 GLA's in the space of 6 months, as loan cars while I was on probation and my car was on order.

The paint jobs were fucking terrible. Especially in the second. Looked like Stevie Wonder has daubed the paint on.

The auto was ponderous at times, sometimes unresponsive, especially in eco.

The Satnav was Garmin lower end product that was so unclear you'd often mid your turn.

The 2.0d engine was gruff as fuck. The tyre noise on concrete sections of motorways was totally unbearable. The noise suppression was shite.

The way infotainment system crashed after too often. Especially on the 2nd, where I had to factory reset on a fortnightly basis.

I have to say my six months of Merc ownership got the badge snobbery well and truly out of me.

Cheers mate, just read that to the wife and she's sure she's, I mean we've , made the correct decision.

I've got the pimpmobile on trial next weekend but only so Merc can pay for our trip to Watford.

Took delivery of my Skoda Superb today. Enjoying it very much, no trade up necessary, well in grade and low tax take.

Glad to get shot of the Merc. Build quality was fucking shocking

Decent cars them. I'm pretty much using the work car full time now and it's a skoda superb or sometimes get the Octavia. Really nice cars. I've had the work merc a few times but don't find it any bette than the skoda to be honest.