You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Commonwealth Games Glasgow 2014

Champ

Guest Pistonbroke

Top shock news on Reporting Scotland here tonight

So no different to English news then, build them up and then revel in breaking the news that they failed. 

I turned over from BBC 3 where is watched the squash to BBC 1 just in time to hear lineker ask;

So why does Britain produce so many good breast strokers.

I thought of here.

Go on, then, this is the only male group I have any experience of, how typical or otherwise are you?

At least it was another countryman who beat him to the Gold. 

I know and I hope he gets the credit he deserves even if he was the surprise winner.

Michael Jamieson. Suddenly had a chilling memory of Oscar Pistorius's artless reaction following his defeat in London

Guest Pistonbroke

I know and I hope he gets the credit he deserves even if he was the surprise winner.

Michael Jamieson. Suddenly had a chilling memory of Oscar Pistorius's artless reaction following his defeat in London

Hide the cricket bats!!

Have to say Becky Adlington looks rather lovely tonight. Not sure if it is because she is sitting next to Balding.

Did you see her on the chat show thingy after the news? She looked really fabulous. Its a sad fact but there arent so many women athletes who can pull off glamour, Denise Lewis being the notable exception

Seriously hats off to those triathletes yesterday. I'm just back from a run just now and its incredibly hot out there already. I cant imagine that they'd have trained anticipating anything like those kind of conditions

Why do I get so irritated by commentators who havent made the effort/been briefed how to pronounce people's names and place names?

Although, I dont know which is worse; that or Hazel Irvine piling on her accent and use of Scots words

Guest Pistonbroke

Did you see her on the chat show thingy after the news? She looked really fabulous. Its a sad fact but there arent so many women athletes who can pull off glamour, Denise Lewis being the notable exception

She looked really nice, she's a down to earth girl too. 

How did I manage to miss the team triathlon?

Currently watching the Womens 40 lap cycling. Gripping finish. Gold and Silver Australia, Bronze to Wales.

Oh, those Australian suits aren't pretty when they get 'warm'

How did I manage to miss the team triathlon?

Currently watching the Womens 40 lap cycling. Gripping finish. Gold and Silver Australia, Bronze to Wales.

Oh, those Australian suits aren't pretty when they get 'warm'

Just seen a medal ceremony for those female cyclists and you're right. It looks like they've either cum or pissed themselves.