You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Commonwealth Games Glasgow 2014

Champ

That's one of Hermes, that!

( Also, don't watch the "rhythmic gymnastics" unless you're a big fan of teenage girls playing with their hoop.)

It wasn't what I had in mind when I saw gymnastics on the schedule

Brownlees in a race of their own now

Guest Pistonbroke

And the poster boy of the Games, Michael Jamieson, fails to win his predicted gold medal. The poor guy's gutted. That's tough

Murdoch was the better swimmer in both the semi and final. 

When did Jerusalem become the national anthem of England ?

Fucking play god save the queen and make it clear to the other subservient nations that we're ok for them to use their own at this event, but they'll be singing our one when we all line up together.

Guest Pistonbroke

Fucking play god save the queen and make it clear to the other subservient nations that we're ok for them to use their own at this event, but they'll be singing our one when we all line up together.

God save the Queen is shite mate, Jerusalem is far better, although personally i'd prefer Land of Hope and Glory. 

God save the Queen is shite mate, Jerusalem is far better, although personally i'd prefer Land of Hope and Glory.

Not saying its good, and I thought land of hope and glory was the anthem, but Jerusalem - whether you like it or not - just isn't the anthem of the country, so we should say fuck it, and keep the British one.

Some cracking action on the first day. 

Really enjoyed it

Murdoch was the better swimmer in both the semi and final. 

I didnt see the semi. My comment was more about how the spotlight has been on him since the Olympics really and then, for whatever reason, didnt achieve, in the glare of expectation

God Save the Queen is awful but when Jodie Stimpson stood up on the podium I really didnt know what was coming. They're all a bit empire, arent they?

Think on, you could be facing Flower of Scotland as your country's national anthem

Guest Pistonbroke

Really enjoyed it

I didnt see the semi. My comment was more about how the spotlight has been on him since the Olympics really and then, for whatever reason, didnt achieve, in the glare of expectation

I know what you mean Cath, but even without the added pressure I doubt jamieson would have won, Murdoch broke his record. Jamieson still has the 100 to try and get his gold. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Who is that woman commentating on the judo? She's dreadful.

And on a pundit theme, Ian Thorpe comes out and is no longer half as camp as he was. Eh?

That woman on the Judo was a bit daft. 

Gary Lineker refused to go on air until Thorpe changed his pink mini skirt. 

I know what you mean Cath, but even without the added pressure I doubt jamieson would have won, Murdoch broke his record. Jamieson still has the 100 to try and get his gold. 

Top shock news on Reporting Scotland here tonight