You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup 2014

Coutinho certainly isn't good enough for this squad...

Thought the same thing, bringing on fucking Jo and Willian? They should check the giant Jesus statue for tears.

Could be being harsh on Willian I suppose because I don't think Mourinho ever suits him but I still think Coutinho would have been a better option. Jo is well, shit really.

Thought the same thing, bringing on fucking Jo and Willian? They should check the giant Jesus statue for tears.

Could be being harsh on Willian I suppose because I don't think Mourinho ever suits him but I still think Coutinho would have been a better option. Jo is well, shit really.

And Fred, and their 12 holding midfielders...

Just looks a fucking terrible, and completely unbalanced squad.

Without Neymar, and bent refs, they wouldn't get a point in their group.

And Fred, and their 12 holding midfielders...

Just looks a fucking terrible, and completely unbalanced squad.

Without Neymar, and bent refs, they wouldn't get a point in their group.

Pretty sure they could scrape something against Cameroon, but yeah they are pretty shitty. 

Whatever happened to that Leandro Damiao?  He was getting bigged up all over the shop a couple of years ago.

Yea I expected better from them as well. Would've won had Akinfeev not massively fucked up though.

Brasil do have a habit of getting better as the tournament goes on but I'm not at all convinced about their being favorites after these first two matches, home crowd be damned. Hope we get Brasil-Chile in the round of 16 I think that would be a really entertaining match, not that Brasil-Spain wouldn't especially given the Costa factor, but I'm tired of Spain.

Yea I expected better from them as well. Would've won had Akinfeev not massively fucked up though.

Brasil do have a habit of getting better as the tournament goes on but I'm not at all convinced about their being favorites after these first two matches, home crowd be damned. Hope we get Brasil-Chile in the round of 16 I think that would be a really entertaining match, not that Brasil-Spain wouldn't especially given the Costa factor, but I'm tired of Spain.

Chile were disappointing as well in their first match I think, because the Aussies really have no quality at all.

Only Colombia out of the South American sides have been at the level I expected.  Hopefully they all pick it up a notch, but after the first round of games I would say Netherlands, Germany, Italy and France were the best teams.

Find out tomorrow who it'll be in the round of 16 probably.

Don't know about Damiao. Was having the conversation with my mates earlier, and we couldn't actually think of many Brazilian centre forwards that were any good. Jonas at Valencia? Much better player than Jo and Fred.

Alves

Alves Silva Dante Marcelo

Ramires Gustavo

Moura Oscar Coutinho

Neymar

That side is much better than the one Scolari is picking.