You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup 2014

Lurtz

Roy is a shit club manager as he is not a good judge of a player and is not a great motivator.

His style of football is shite but can be effective with the right players, motivation is not an issue with England and the squad he picked is decent.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Roy do better then a lot of recent managers, I like how he handled his departure from lfc, never saying a bad word against us despite some frankly horrid shit being said about him even if deserved.

For this reason along with sections of the press not giving him enough respect I want him to do well, this does not change the fact I think he was a shit manager for lfc and I would never let him near the place.

agree with a lot of this. you only have to listen to danny murphy talk about hodgson at fulham to realise that he is a good manager. just wasnt a liverpool manager.

I wouldnt be surprised if england did better than a lot of people think.

quarter finals is definitely achievable.

I might be in a minority here, but I don't give a shite ebout England even with the large red contingent.

Cheering a team managed by that owl faced twat, that contains the likes of rooney, Fat Frank and possibly 3 bitters goes against the grain. it also means attaching myself to the same 'cause' as Chelsea fans for example who pride themselves with their shite George cross flags with CFC in the quadrants and I just can't do that it goes against the grain.

My only hope is that all our lads come back fit.

What odds would you get on the following events occurring:

- One of the African nations arrive at the tournament with their squad and FA still at loggerheads over unpaid bonuses

One almost did!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27755342

Cameroon players ready to take off for Brazil after bonus dispute

Cameroon's players are finally on their way to the World Cup after initially refusing to board a flight to Brazil because of a dispute over bonuses.

The squad, including former Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o, refused to fly to South America on Sunday morning.

But they eventually agreed a financial package with the nation's football federation after an emergency meeting.

The squad will take off from Yaounde at 21:30 BST, 12 hours late, and should arrive in Brazil on Sunday evening.

Team coach Volker Finke had said players were complaining that the £61,000 they were due to be paid for figuring in the World Cup was not enough.

After agreeing an end to the row, Cameroon Football Federation president Joseph Owona said: "Everything has been resolved.

"We have opted for transparency. There is no problem and I think the team needs to be mobilised for all to look in one direction."

Cameroon are in Group A with the hosts, Croatia and Mexico.

Since 1982, Cameroon have only missed 2 World Cup tournaments so they ought to have a fair idea about how to approach and organise their tournament preparations by now. Yet they go through the same shit pretty much every time. The other 'given' is that African teams always hire European coaches to preach things like discipline, tactics and organisation and all it does is make for overly-physical teams that are incapable of playing coherent football.

I might be in a minority here, but I don't give a shite ebout England even with the large red contingent.

Cheering a team managed by that owl faced twat, that contains the likes of rooney, Fat Frank and possibly 3 bitters goes against the grain. it also means attaching myself to the same 'cause' as Chelsea fans for example who pride themselves with their shite George cross flags with CFC in the quadrants and I just can't do that it goes against the grain.

My only hope is that all our lads come back fit.

Im not English and the only time I was behind them was 98 but this time I want them to do well because its mainly the lfc team playing.

Better gk, our rb, good cb pairing, better lb then we have, our midfield 3 if we get lallana, sterling, sturridge and a poor mans Suarez in Rooney.

It can only be good for us if they do well and I wouldn't like a lot of our team coming back from the wc after a bad tournament, Im a England fan for this tournament.

England should attack the Italians for the first 20 minutes, Brendan style. Then defend their 2 goal cushion. The Italians are slow and will want to dictate play, England can take a lead and allow OX, Henderson, Sterling and Barclay to press.

Vs Uruguay, I can only see a defeat then they should be good enough to beat Costa Rica.

Onto the 2nd round, where again they should advance.

Quarter finals is the end of the road. Very respectable.

But if they fail in the first game, then our Reds will be home early, Ill take that option please.

Cheering a team managed by that owl faced twat, that contains the likes of rooney, Fat Frank and possibly 3 bitters goes against the grain. .

I just don't get the mentality.

Why do would rather see Hodgson fail, than see Gerrard or Henderson or Sterling or Lambert or Johnson or Sturridge succeed?

I say it all the time, but I will never get this mentality of Utd, Liverpool and some other fans when it comes to England.

• Upvote 1

Why do would rather see Hodgson fail, than see Gerrard or Henderson or Sterling or Lambert or Johnson or Sturridge succeed?

I say it all the time, but I will never get this mentality of Utd, Liverpool and some other fans when it comes to England.

Anti-Establishment isn't it.

Plus most England fans are cunts. 

Have you got the home or away kit? 

Ideal scenario for me. England fail-miserably. Hodgson becomes a National joke & figure of fun, Liverpool players have a good holiday & arrive earlier than expected(?) & raring to go for a good Pre season.

Yeah, I definitely see that logic and as far as I'm concerned is a definite silverlining to England coming home early.

I think because so many of our fans have been spoiled with Euro success over the years, internationals are treated with some derision by a few, their bellies are full.

For me, I was born in England, I live here, I support England, in the same way that I was born in Liverpool and support Liverpool. No-one can accuse England supporters of glory hunting.

When you listen to players, their proudest moments include representing their country. Luis is proud to represent Uraguay, Stevie G England, and that is how it should be.

I think because so many of our fans have been spoiled with Euro success over the years, internationals are treated with some derision by a few, their bellies are full.

For me, I was born in England, I live here, I support England, in the same way that I was born in Liverpool and support Liverpool. No-one can accuse England supporters of glory hunting.

When you listen to players, their proudest moments include representing their country. Luis is proud to represent Uraguay, Stevie G England, and that is how it should be.

I am not sure if it's just the vocal few on here or they represent the majority of Liverpool fans. They are certainly not the thoughts of any of the ones I know. Even if they view the rest of England with a certain amount of suspicion. And that, they most certainly do!