You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Man City (Apr 13 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Am a Liverpool fan from East Africa (Tanzania)...the land of The Serengeti.

Am very positive that we are going to win this title guys...it was my dream to be there in the land to witness the ceremony but I have failed.

YNWA...!

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 6

I was 14 when we last won the league, a month short of being 15, and still at school. I'm now 38, 2 months short of 39, I'm married with 3 kids, I've been working in insurance for 20 years and I am absolutely desperate to see us win the league again.

It would be even sweeter as I now work in Stockport surrounded by Man U fans, and the odd Citeh fan.

However, as much as I'd want to be positive, I can't. We'll lose 3-0 on Sunday and end up 3rd at best.

I hope I'm miles out!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Boss!

Have a little faith in the squad...am sure they will make you PROUD.

I wish I could induce you my pride I have for the REDS!

YNWA...!

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using Tapatalk

Get Flanagan to boot the likes of Nasri and Silva early on and we'll be sorted.

He'll do that anyway, the little fucking lunatic.

Me and my mate have been going the same pub for every game since the Fulham match. He's just text me and said he has a Christening in Manchester that he can't get out of. Not happy about this. He has said he's going to try and razz it home, drop off the wife and kids and get in the pub in time for kick off but I'm doubtful and honestly bricking it. Three more sleeps.

Tis grand like. Whiskey started the match thread.

It has to be 4-3-3, I know the diamond has worked at times but if City are shite anywhere it's at the back.  Sterling could easily tear Kolarov or Clichy apart and Suarez will be looking at 10 years for rape after he's finished with Demechelis.

Yeah spot on for me that.

Man City have been going with a 451 lately, especially in away games.  If we have 3 in the middle Gerrard can get Silva worrying about him, Hendo can run all day with Toure and Coutinho can pest Fernandinho.  Sterling and Suarez attacking down the channels between the full backs and the centre halves should work well.

Really tough one to call this, they've got top class attacking players and our defence still worries me, but on the other hand there's isn't that great and they play the kind of football that lets us play our football. I think the first 20 minutes will set the tone. Our lads will be nervous but if Gerrard and Suarez put it about early on and the fans react to that I think we can win, absolutely massive game though, our biggest since Istanbul.

Interesting set of results on this league fixture over previous seasons

13 April 2013 Reading 0–0 Liverpool
(2012  was the FA Cup Semi against Everton)
17 April 2011 Arsenal 1–1 Liverpool
11 April 2010 Liverpool 0–0 Fulham
11 April 2009 Liverpool 4–0 Blackburn Rovers
13 April 2008 Liverpool 3–1 Blackburn Rovers
14 April 2007 Manchester City 0–0 Liverpool
16 April 2006 Blackburn Rovers 0–1 Liverpool
16 April 2005 Liverpool 2–2 Tottenham Hotspur
12 April 2004 Liverpool 0–1 Charlton Athletic

So that's W3 D5 L1, and all the wins came against Blackburn. The last three league matches have been drawn.

Think this one has draw all over it too.

Really tough one to call this, they've got top class attacking players and our defence still worries me, but on the other hand there's isn't that great and they play the kind of football that lets us play our football. I think the first 20 minutes will set the tone. Our lads will be nervous but if Gerrard and Suarez put it about early on and the fans react to that I think we can win, absolutely massive game though, our biggest since Istanbul.

We've scored 6 goals more and conceded 11 goals more. I suppose it's whatever your perspective is. Norwich held these to a 0-0 draw. Anything could happen. We're top for a reason.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I like the way we're conducting ourselves going into this game. You've got that over on their site talking about the 'bin dippers' and Heysel and Hillsborough, where as we seem to be going into it with a good clean attitude and wanting a good clean fight. It doesn't feel like it does when we faced Chelsea - pure hatred - in 2005/07. We're going in there to work hard and attack them. Whatever comes after that is for another day.

It should be a cracker. May the best team win.

As long as they are playing in red.

City only need a draw out of this so I don't expect them to come at us all gung-ho. I think they will be very measured but not defensive - that just doesn't appear to be part of their make up. I have seen Silva at Anfield a couple of times now and he has never impressed me. Clearly a huge talent but he may be a bottler when it comes to big games. Not sure if we will see Aguero but I would be really surprised if he started and played a full 90 minutes.

None of the rest are any good so we should batter them.

*crosses fingers and kisses lucky rabbit paw