You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Thought unforgotten was madly over acted. The sombre teary eye lip trembling everytime the police had a meeting around the evidence board. All of it just really shitty.

That was the wife's main criticism of the series. A senior police officer unable to compose herself and crying in interrogations with a suspect, without anyone pulling her up on it.

Grayson Perry: Rites of Passage - this was one of the most powerful TV shows I’ve seen in a long time. It was the first episode of a series that looks at the different ways other cultures mark the key moments in life and then tries to find new ways to do so here.

The premise is that in an increasingly secular society we are losing these ceremonies that actually perform a crucial function for us as human beings and need to embrace them again.

The first one is about death and, frankly, it was incredible. I defy anyone to watch it without being profoundly moved. The ending is amazing. Really amazing.

Check it out on C4 catch up if you missed it. You won’t regret it.

• Upvote 1

Just watched the first episode of Jed Mercurio’s new show, Bodyguard. Fuck me, it was great. Tense as fuck, great cast and some nice little subtle touches in the writing. Episode 2 is on tonight. Get on it, kids. It’s ace.

• Upvote 1

Just watched the first episode of Jed Mercurio’s new show, Bodyguard. Fuck me, it was great. Tense as fuck, great cast and some nice little subtle touches in the writing. Episode 2 is on tonight. Get on it, kids. It’s ace.

The opening scenario was tense! It looks like it could be a good watch. Keeley Hawes is delicious.

There's a fair few decent looking dramas starting on the Beeb soon, judging by the trailers they've been airing in between shows.

That was the wife's main criticism of the series. A senior police officer unable to compose herself and crying in interrogations with a suspect, without anyone pulling her up on it.

And not the bit where she took the paper file (are there any such things any more?) of one of the suspects in a murder investigation out of the Police station, took it into a public place (a cafe) to read and then left it there which led to said suspect being stabbed to death and she didnt get instantly suspended and ultimately sacked?

That said, I did watch the whole thing and quite enjoyed the portrayal of the different characters' back stories

The opening scenario was tense! It looks like it could be a good watch. Keeley Hawes is delicious.

There's a fair few decent looking dramas starting on the Beeb soon, judging by the trailers they've been airing in between shows.

It had been well trailled and I'm a sucker for a Sunday night drama so I was always going to watch it.

The opening scenario was tense but how he ever managed to find his way into that bodyguard role was a long stretch of credibility.

Looking beyond that and the apparent absence of security when he went off shift I liked the relationships developed between the different characters and the writer/s' clear lack of regard for politicians.

I've never liked Keeley Hawes like some on here but she played her role, with nods towards Theresa May, I suspect, very well. And didnt she look fab?

I couldnt see last night's episode but will be catching up on it before next Sunday

Yeah. Made up with Luther coming back. Thought that was further away than this autumn.

Episode 2 of Bodyguard was great last night too. Superb stuff.

Not a fan of Luther. I am however very much looking forward to The Bodyguard, made by the Line of Duty team I heard somewhere.