You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham Vs Liverpool

WhiskeyJar

We are not going to score four goals in the first twenty minutes of every match.

Teams are not going to roll over and let us win.

We are going to concede goals, whether they be through stupidity or opposition brilliance. Through stupidity is annoying, but hey shit happens sometimes.

The sooner people start accepting these facts and stop spacking out after ten minutes, the better...

• Upvote 8

We are not going to score four goals in the first twenty minutes of every match.

Teams are not going to roll over and let us win.

We are going to concede goals, whether they be through stupidity or opposition brilliance. Through stupidity is annoying, but hey shit happens sometimes.

The sooner people start accepting these facts and stop spacking out after ten minutes, the better...

We have conceded 23 goals away from home this season. Only 4 teams in the premier league are worse in that department.

Now we have of course also scored 28 away from home, which is the highest of all. These two are definately connected, you can't expect to score the most and concede the least.

Still I think it's fair to say there's a big room for improvement defensively.

This is mainly a team thing, as I think the intensity and aggression in our play is completely different away from home. Same probably goes for the opposition, most or all teams approach the games differently at home. This means our defensive weaknesses are far more visible in away games, including the limitations of individual players. 

That's the kind of game and the sequence of scoring that below par Manchester United teams won with depressing frequency until last summer through attacking football and strength of mind. Dodgy performance, colossal result.

Teixeira slotted right in. Composed and always available and choosing the right pass. Huge bonus if he can play a bit of a part when needed during the run-in.

We're very much in the league race. Wow.

That's the kind of game and the sequence of scoring that below par Manchester United teams won with depressing frequency until last summer through attacking football and strength of mind. 

Aston Villa. 3-2 and that Italian bloke that's now playing in the Blue Square or something.

Cost us title.

One point from the game last night was the Sky commentary team referring to Liverpool having 'so many match winners' just after Coutinho's goal to make it 2-2.

This is correct of course, but I think its more to do with the style of play that is benefitting the players. For instance, take Coutinho out of this side and put in the Moyes Manc side and suddenly he isn't a match winner.

I also noted on twitter last night that we have made 20 mistakes which led directly to goals so far this season, more than any other team. Clearly the pressing game leaves us with having to ensure that play between defence and midfield is very accurate otherwise it leads to opportunities. For me, that's what makes it a little puzzling as to the under use of Agger, but Rodgers must have his reasons.

It feels good to be back and it also feels good to be the most attractive attacking side in the PL. This shit is on.

People are being too harsh on kolo imo, hes had a couple of bad mistakes one of which was down to a bobble but overall hes been a good player for us and a good personality to have around the squad.

He has played as a rcb all his career and judging by his form playing lcb for us lately he is clearly more comfortable on the right.

Great win for us and if what that physio was saying the other day is correct we should have most of our injured players back or near fitness for our next prem game.

1st half was poor from us but we fought hard for the win in the 2nd half. Reckon Brendan gave the lads a rocket up their arse during half-time, they came out firing and playing much better in the 2nd. Great resilience, we probably would have lost that match last season.  

I also noted on twitter last night that we have made 20 mistakes which led directly to goals so far this season, more than any other team. Clearly the pressing game leaves us with having to ensure that play between defence and midfield is very accurate otherwise it leads to opportunities. For me, that's what makes it a little puzzling as to the under use of Agger, but Rodgers must have his reasons.

I think this is a very good point. I remember the first time we had a glimpse of the Rodgers way, against Norwich last season when we thumped them 5-2. I think it was his first win in charge. Anyway, you could see how Rodgers always wanted the team on the front foot. If you received the ball from the goalie you were expected to turn and move the ball forward, Knocking it back to him was clearly a no-no. It's pass and move, basically. And while it's great to look at and, now that we have the personnel, it yields lots of goals, the chances of a player being caught out increase accordingly. If everyone is on the front foot then you are in trouble if you lose the possession in a haphazard manner. Given all of that, you would think Agger would be the best option in the central defence. Oh, for Alan Hansen or Mark Lawrenson. Or both.

People are being too harsh on kolo imo, hes had a couple of bad mistakes one of which was down to a bobble but overall hes been a good player for us and a good personality to have around the squad.

He has played as a rcb all his career and judging by his form playing lcb for us lately he is clearly more comfortable on the right.

Great win for us and if what that physio was saying the other day is correct we should have most of our injured players back or near fitness for our next prem game.

Don't agree .

He has committed two absolute dog awful errors that a Sunday league player would have been castigated for. You cant have that sort of shit in the PL and expect to finish up near the top . Fortunately they only cost us 2 points but even so those 2 points might well be very expensive come the end of the season. Not as though he scores any goals in mitigation.. in fact he misses sitters. He's well past best, which is why Citeh let him go . I hope we don't have to play him again this season 

I like Kolo but he was crap last night.  He couldn't handle Bent.  Fucked up for the first goal he should have been watching the ball and his shit header that went backwards caused an unnecessary issue in the build up to Fulhams 2nd goal.  Though Skrtel's clearance was shite as well.