You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2014

DanDanShaw

Boxing Ireland @LoveIrishBoxing  ·  19h

Like wee said all along Carl Frampton is fighting Kiko Martinez in Belfast on September 6th Announcement to be made tomorrow. Part 1 of 2

Outdoor venue, not Seaview, potential front runners - Ravenhill or the landmark Belfast shipyard.

It's all about the logistics but the Balmoral Showgrounds also being mooted as a likely venue. Fingers crossed for the Belfast weather!!!

That's the news I've read, I'd like to go to that - I've never even been to Belfast before though.

i think you may be doing a disservice to how well Martin Murray fought, i think the fight is a toss up as i can see cases for both winning. If you are right and time has caught up with Martinez then he will be in for a hard night.

I certainly wasn't knocking Martin Murray the lad went in his backyard to take the bout and credit to him,just observing Martinez and his performance.

Martin Murray's high guard turtle stance will always make people look bad, I doubt somebody like Murray will ever be stopped, I don't think the Murray performance alone would have set alarm bells ringing - but people said Martinez wouldn't be the same after the Chavez Jr injury, then he had the Murray performance.  His fighting style is all built on athleticism, he fights in a young man style but he's 39 and only had major knee surgery 18-20 months ago.

I still think he'll be too much for Cotto though.

I just saw the 24/7 for the first time - Martinez has to strap his knee up at all times, he was looking pretty sharp though.  Cotto is in serious shape, but he swaps his trainers all the time - he's obviously with Roach now, but I can't see what Freddie can put into a fighter of his age, at this point in his career.  I'm going for Martinez by late stoppage.

So put your money on Cotto.

Kicked off at the Hall/Butler press conference.  Stuart Hall should be nowhere near a World Title (very happy for him though).  Martin Ward and Paul Butler have no place being World Title challengers either, but what can you do - that's today's boxing for you.

I reckon Butler will stop him on a body shot, for what it's worth.

@danrafaelespn: #CottoMartinez purses: Cotto $3M (guaranteed $7M), Martinez $1.5M (but will get way more, on %) (more) #boxing

@danrafaelespn: Martinez 158.75, Cotto 155. We got a fight! #boxing #CottoMartinez

Both these guys could easily make 154. Martinez is definitely getting low-balled as well, same as when he made $1.5m for fighting Chavez Jr. DiBella can't negotiate any big paydays for him at all.

Martinez looks huge compared to Cotto though!

2mxqr1s.jpg

@danrafaelespn: IBF says deal has been reached for @ShowtimeShawnP vs @SpecialKBrook and it will be Aug. 9 in NYC. #boxing

Porter via fatality - within 6 rounds.

• Upvote 1

Kicked off at the Hall/Butler press conference. Stuart Hall should be nowhere near a World Title (very happy for him though). Martin Ward and Paul Butler have no place being World Title challengers either, but what can you do - that's today's boxing for you.

I reckon Butler will stop him on a body shot, for what it's worth.

With Stuart Hall fighting the ref will watch out for everything below the belt.

I'm sure he's hoping for a battering inside and outside the ring.

What is Eubank smoking? If your not fighting or coaching get out the fucking ring, and if your fucking son doesn't throw a punch soon take him with you.

It's so boring. His last fight was the same. If jnr is any good he's coming along at the right time with Groves and De Gale about.

Eubank Jr using the style of "win fights without throwing punches" because that style usually takes people to world titles. I can't wait until he's stopped, so the circus can pack up and fuck off. His dad, as great a fighter as he was, cannot let fame go - he needs to realise that nobody gives a fuck anymore.

I'm not surprised Woodhouse and Limond ducked Bradley Saunders, he's moving along nicely. Late turning over, and a very stop/start career but he's coming on now. I'm looking forward to this main even here, Butler by stoppage (hopefully).

Martinez should be about 3am shouldn't it? It's in NYC not Vegas. Don't hold me to that though.