You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fallout 4

Cardie

Looks immense. I didn't like the companion system in FIII because they could get killed pretty easily, especially Dogmeat who was pretty thick. Craig Boone in New Vegas was boss as his weapon was bugged, one shot and he'd take anyone's head off. Plus he was nails generally. 

I quite liked the fact that Dogmeat was vulnerable. It made it more of an achievement to keep the little scruff alive.

I quite liked the fact that Dogmeat was vulnerable. It made it more of an achievement to keep the little scruff alive.

I put him in my house in megaton, told him to guard the three hundred sets of power armor I'd hoarded and if he dared move I'd shoot him myself.

Then me and fawkes would go fuck things up.

• Upvote 2

I put him in my house in megaton, told him to guard the three hundred sets of power armor I'd hoarded and if he dared move I'd shoot him myself.

Then me and fawkes would go fuck things up.

That's exactly what I did, felt good to have a dog at the house and the radio on. 

I kept Dogmeat with me, it fitted with the whole post apocalyptic Mad Max role.

I formed some sort of weird OCD where I'd loot everything and was obsessed with collecting every bit of armour and random shite I found so if I took him out he'd end up dying while I was looking in a toilet for a tin can.

• Upvote 2

I formed some sort of weird OCD where I'd loot everything and was obsessed with collecting every bit of armour and random shite I found so if I took him out he'd end up dying while I was looking in a toilet for a tin can.

I always end up looting everything in games like Fallout, it's addictive. I'd hate to think how many hours I spent going through chests and pinching gold from dead bodies in Skyrim.

I always end up looting everything in games like Fallout, it's addictive. I'd hate to think how many hours I spent going through chests and pinching gold from dead bodies in Skyrim.

Same.

Time doesn't exist playing these games. I'd play for hours and hours and only think I'd been on it for 30mins.

The biggest slog was in fallout 3 when you destroyed the Enclaves base, trying to haul shit loads of loot over encumbered to fuck to the nearest relay station so you could stick it in a chest and fast travel back and for the base.

The biggest slog was in fallout 3 when you destroyed the Enclaves base, trying to haul shit loads of loot over encumbered to fuck to the nearest relay station so you could stick it in a chest and fast travel back and for the base.

And you'd build up huge stores of all sort of gear for some scenario that never, ever comes in the game. I ended up with millions worth of gear that you stored to sell or use at a later point that you just never need to. I had a thing where I saved one of every unique item in case I needed it for a quest later on, you know, to save time. Oh the irony when it turns out you don't need any of it for anything.

And you'd build up huge stores of all sort of gear for some scenario that never, ever comes in the game. I ended up with millions worth of gear that you stored to sell or use at a later point that you just never need to. I had a thing where I saved one of every unique item in case I needed it for a quest later on, you know, to save time. Oh the irony when it turns out you don't need any of it for anything.

I tend to keep one type of everything gear wise, no matter how pointless or below the level of stuff I'm using. I had a barrel in Oblivion that must have been like the Tardis.

I always get sucked into the same cycle. You start trying to make a little money by looting things, just so you don't have to wait when you find some new goodies to buy. By the time you've realised that you've bought everything decent in the game you've got some chest of inventory that takes thirty seconds to scroll through and millions in spare cash.

Can't wait for E3 now, I hope they don't say this'll be out late 2016.

I'm actually starting to think it will be 2015. They'll have had the XBOX/PS4 dev-kits since 2013 at the latest and probably been working on it on PC well before this and there's been rumors and speculation of the game for years and years and if the rumors are true and they're going to be showing half hours worth of footage at E3, surely the game is as good as finished?

It's summer 2015 now, Fallout isn't the type of game to launch in the summer so it's not going to be summer 2016 launch so I'm thinking either late this year, early next. Or maybe it will just be late 2016, who knows. Hopefully not. Get it released ya cunts.

• Upvote 1

Fallout 4 release date is November 10th on XBONE, PS4 and PC.

The crafting looks mental with almost everything being salvageable and able to to be broken down allowing you to build houses and everything is upgradeable.

From Polygon.

Fallout 4 will feature customization, building and crafting at a scale never before seen in the role-playing game. During a lengthy presentation at Bethesda's E3 news conference, game director Todd Howard showed how players may build their own dwellings, modify weapons and trick out their power armor.

The reel showed players building homes and provisioning them with resources, power generators and defenses — as raiders will assuredly attack. The level of customization was borderline Minecraft-esque.