You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool chinese chippy curry

Anny Road

F**k i miss this.

You can keep my family. the team, the memories everything else but for god sake will someone tell me what they use to make the curry sauce.

Ok the chinese here is the sameish and I even have a mate who runs a restaurant.

Will he tell me what they use? Will he arse.

I know about Maykway but nothing is like the curry you get on chips back in Liverpool. Nothing.

Help.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss

They sell this stuff over here which is pretty close to a Liverpool chippy curry, not in appearance but defo the taste. S&B Golden Curry, it's like a bar of chocolate, snap a bit off and add to boiling water.

S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix

You have to get creative living so far from home ha. Also perfected chippy chips and chippy cod.

It's shite in Suffolk too. There's no places in my town that do both Chinese and English food. The Chinese places only do crap frozen chips and the English chip shops only do fish, sausages, pies (not Hollands) and chips. The curry sauce is rank and all.

Whenever I'm back up north I go straight for some salt & pepper chips and a bit of fish cooked by the Chinese.

I miss satterwhaites, chips and gravy, chips and curry, Hollands pies... Actually that's it. The food back home was largely shit.

I can get better fish and chips down here. Chinese is as good but not as easily. Curries way better down here.

Chips and gravy though, fucking sex

There's a chippy in South road' date=' waterloo,Chinese,can't remember the name but they do the best special curry ever! It's a two word name,rep for first one who can name it![/quote']

It's been a while since I drank down there, but I assume its at the bottom end, not the top end. The Greek place was at the top by the Shell, the Chinese down the bottom by the funeral directors.

It's been a while since I drank down there' date=' but I assume its at the bottom end, not the top end. The Greek place was at the top by the Shell, the Chinese down the bottom by the funeral directors.[/quote']

Just looked on street view. Fucking hell south road looks grim. The Greeks is a Chinese called Goldin Star, is that it?

It was Wongs wasn't it? Pittaras was the one down the other end near Sayers.

Many a drink-fuelled meal was devoured from both.

Food for the soul.

Yeah Pittaras (sp?), remember that now. The Chinese chippy name has gone. It was Joes about 30 years ago, but can remember it now, could easily have been Wongs

Tony's chippy that used to be in Kenny had amazing curry I'm salivating thinking about it. Best chippy I've had was from Widnes a chip curry barm and the barm was about a foot wide.

Whereabout's in Kenny was it?

There was a great Chinese chippy on Breckfield Rd North, right opposite my flat. It's probably the reason I became a fat bastard

Quick price comparison for your local chippy please , I expect the cockney wankers on here to pay more but I wondered aboout others

2 * fish and chips

1 bag chips

1 large bag of chips

4 regular sausages

2 mushy peas

1 carton gravy

this little lot cost me £18.60 , the cunts

Eighteen fuckin' sixty , what the fuck is the world coming to ?

Quick price comparison for your local chippy please ' date=' I expect the cockney wankers on here to pay more but I wondered aboout others

2 * fish and chips

1 bag chips

1 large bag of chips

4 regular sausages

2 mushy peas

1 carton gravy

this little lot cost me £18.60 , the cunts

Eighteen fuckin' sixty , what the fuck is the world coming to ?[/quote']

I reckon about £22 here, but that is darn sarf.

Tony's chippy that used to be in Kenny had amazing curry I'm salivating thinking about it. Best chippy I've had was from Widnes a chip curry barm and the barm was about a foot wide.

Where was that....I'm moving from Runcorn to Widnes soon, and my favourite chippy is The Dolphin on Halton Road in Runcorn. Dont fancy driving from Halebank to Runcorn every time I want a decent chippy.

Pangy's in Tower Hill looked manky but did the best special fried rice and curry. I've never had a fish cake like they did either.

Knocked it down years ago though *sniffs*

I'd mourn the loss of a good chippy more than most my relatives going.

Lost one last year by our office, did fucking tremendous batter on their fish. They sold up to a new franchise. Then about two months ago the old owners opened a new gaff a few streets away. Boom!

I've just moved to a village. There is a chippy, can't moan, it's a 6/10. But it sticks in your craw when the place you moved from has a 9/10 type place. Still the village does have a better kebab shop than my old area of town.

Of course it's all relative, the chippy down here don't do a Chinese menu, barms, hollands pies, gravy, battered scallops and curry sauce is rare.

Reminds me of something my arl man used to do - get a small uncut loaf, hollow it out and fill it with chips and curry. Fucking brilliant.