You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Allan

New patch has been released. Details from Charlie Intel.

A new patch for Call of Duty: Ghosts has been released on all platforms. The patch’s notable additions is Free Fall is now available to everyone, and it’s added to the playlists.

Full patch notes:

New Features

• Allow Free Fall to be available for everyone.
    • All challenges are now active operations at once.
    • Main Menu layout update.
    • Update to Gold Camo tracking. Now shows how many camos left to unlock Gold.
    • Added Hunted Free For All leaderboard.
    • Added Weapon Operations to the Operations menu.

Stability

• Removed tracker sight exploit on Warhawk.

Anti-cheat

• Prevents players from inappropriately modifying ‘kick’ messages.
    • Anti-cheat tool updates.

eSports

• Made changes to Clan v Clan: Remove bomb timer sounds, and restrict Ghillie suit use.
    • Fix for not allowing people in an eSports system link game from viewing third person.
    • Fixes issue where CODCaster icon was erroneously showing up for remote players on a private match client machine.
    • Fixed issue that could cause a user to get booted for repeatedly changing classes during match.
    • Fixed issue where preset camera buttons were not working while the fullscreen map is up.

Additional Fixes

• Fix to destroy planted explosives if they are placed on top of a care package and then care package is claimed before explosive.
    • Fix for players that switch teams to see correct colored notifications when their allies use kill streaks.
    • Fix KD history not updating in team matches that expire on time.
    • Fixed the title only displaying the first two characters of the user’s gamertag in a Private Match lobby when that user does not have the same map packs as host.
    • Fixed weapon information in Player Card to allow proper weapons to be seen in clan details.
    • Fixed minor graphical bug related to UI rendering.
    • Various bug fixes regarding non-active controllers following invites.
    • Fixed a thermal sight issues that could allow the user to skip the raise animation.
    • Fix for player “Time Played” category overlapping text.
    • Fixing issues where guest accounts can open the leaderboards menu.
    • Fixed an issue where the challenge “Sponge III” was not tracking as expected.
    • Fixed an issue where the XP points popup showed for kills in killcams.
    • Fixed issue where monthly/all time filters didn’t work for the squads leaderboards.
    • Fixed rare instance where player is unable to call out a killstreak or care package after earning.
    • Added the ability to retain intel challenges for an extra life using Resilience.

Extinction:

• Casual mode added to Local and Solo matches – limited achievements available and no leaderboard posting.
    • Hardcore Mode added to Local, Solo, and Custom Matches for Point of Contact and Nightfall.
    • Numerous fixes to Nightfall.
    • Reduced the radius for Explosive Ammo.
    • Fixed a cash exploit while dropping money.
    • Fixed a bad location on Nightfall for one of the Stay in the Marked Area challenges.
    • Nightfall now properly tracks “Mission’s Completed” on the Player Card.
    • Point of Contact and Nightfall Leaderboards now both properly track Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze.  The columns were reversed in previous TUs.

PC Specific Update

In addition to the Title Update.

• P2P auth improvements.
    • Fix for false positive VAC ban message when Steam servers are non-responsive or if the user’s VAC status cannot be determined.

Xbox One Specific Update

• Added LAN support.
    • Kinect voice command fix for selecting game modes.
    • Fixed incorrect messaging that could occur for local parties.

Xbox 360 Specific Update

• Console bans now display an error message at login.
    • Fixed issue where game host wouldn’t receive an error message after not disabling party chat.

There'll be a free multiplayer demo for Xbox One and Xbox 360 owners this weekend.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/free-call-of-duty-ghosts-multiplayer-demo-hitting-xbox-one-and-360/0129068

Activision is taking the unprecedented step of allowing free multiplayer Call of Duty access to those who don’t own the game.

Starting this Friday (March 7th) and running until Monday (March 10th) a free demo of Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer will be available on Xbox Live to all Xbox One and Xbox 360 owners.

Three maps will be included (Strikezone, Warhawk, and Prison Break) as well as three multiplayer modes (Search & Rescue, Domination and Team Deathmatch). Also included is the Extinction Point of Contact mode.

No mention of Xbox Live Gold being a requirement is made in Activision’s release.

• 3 weeks later...

Double XP weekend starts tomorrow and will run through until Tuesday 1st April.

The 2014 Call of Duty® Championship, presented by Xbox promises to be a thrilling tournament, as the best professional teams from around the world face off in Los Angeles. In the end, one team will claim the lion's share of the $1 million prize pool and earn the title of "Call of Duty World Champion."

To make sure that our fans get the most out of this weekend, we’re activating a special Double XP weekend on all platforms! From Friday, March 28th through Tuesday, April 1st, players earn twice the XP on all of their Multiplayer action. It's the perfect opportunity to learn from the pros, try out their strategies in-game, and level up at double the speed.

The 2014 Call of Duty® Championship, presented by Xbox takes place from Friday, March 28th through Sunday, March 30th and can be seen live at MLG.tv and callofduty.com. Xbox 360 users can also catch the action via the MLG app. The Grand Finals will be streamed on Xbox One and Xbox 360 on Sunday, March 30th at 3pm PDT.

Stay up to date with all of the latest championship news by following us on Twitter (@eSportsCOD and @InfinityWard) and join the conversation using the hashtag #CODChamps. Check out www.callofduty.com/eSports as well for complete coverage of the action.

• 2 months later...

Do you be on your ps4 at all, Al?

Haven't been on for quite a while, mate, and probably won't get on for another couple of weeks or so.

Start a new job in Milton Keynes on Friday, so got all the joys that go with relocating to occupy me for a bit until all is settled once more.

Once I'm back in the swing of things, I'll certainly be getting on the PS4 more frequently.

• Upvote 1

Great news that, mate. Congratulations.

Cheers mate. Just finalising the last knockings of a rental with an estate agent. Should hopefully be good to move in on Thursday. Once I'm in, I'll start to think about getting my stuff moved up from me folks'.

Haven't been on for quite a while, mate, and probably won't get on for another couple of weeks or so.

Start a new job in Milton Keynes on Friday, so got all the joys that go with relocating to occupy me for a bit until all is settled once more.

Once I'm back in the swing of things, I'll certainly be getting on the PS4 more frequently.

Hey I work in Milton Keynes - Where about are you?  i'm in Redmoor.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm off tomorrow, Al. Give me a text if you're on your ps4.

Will do mate. Broadband is all sorted now, just waiting for my little 2 seater sofa to turn up now.

Once that arrives, I'll be sorting out my set up, ready to get back into the swing of things.

• Upvote 1

I too am off tomorrow. I have some stuff to drop off in the morning but otherwise should be clear.

So if you two fancy slumming it back on the PS3 I'll be about for pre Ghosts COD antics. 

I'm sure I can find some time to visit the PS3 shanty town at some stage tomorrow...

• Upvote 2