You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Allan

It's was a first look,teaser trailer.

Its the same with films,they will show more at E3 in a couple of weeks.

At least with films, they show clips from the actual film.

On computer game trailers they don't really show the actual game play, which is what I am looking for.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks very good.

Glad they have got rid of death streaks. The new game (crank?), should stop people camping. The graphics, sound all seem to have been improved.

Will certainly get this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't wait for this.

No quick scopes, dedicated servers, no target finders - all things that get my thumbs up!

The new game mode crank looks like it will stop camping.

Also like the sound of squads, won't be able to complain at poor teammates.

Below article taken from OneOfSwords

Over time, the Clans in Call of Duty have gone through various upgrades and refinements. The last three years of experimentation and evolution have led to the latest iteration of Clans that will debut with Call of Duty: Ghosts, which offers a deeper and more integrated experience than any COD Clan system before it. Whether you’re already in a Call of Duty Elite Clan now or are planning to join a Clan for the first time in Call of Duty: Ghosts, the massive FAQ the COD team released today answers just about everything you could ever want to know about Clans, how Clans work in Ghosts and what you get from being in a Clan, as well as what the new Call of Duty app offers and how to take your stats with you via your Call of Duty account.

It’s a big document, so I have attempted to summarize some of its finer points below. My summary is not a replacement — definitely take a look at the whole thing. But until you do, here we go: 

codghosts_clansheader.jpg

One Clan, many platforms.
Thankfully, Clans in Call of Duty: Ghosts are no longer separated by platform. One Clan can exist across supported platforms, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. So, now it no longer matters if you play Ghosts on Xbox and your friends play on PlayStation or the PC, you can all be in the same Clan and earn Clan XP together. Call of Duty: Ghosts Clans can hold up to 100 players total, and as before, you can only be in one Clan at a time.

Wait — did you say Clans for Call of Duty: Ghosts are on PC now?
I did! COD Ghosts Clan support extends to Windows PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 at the game’s November 5 launch, with support for PlayStation 4 on November 15 and Xbox One on November 22, which is when those platforms launch. Players on any of those five platforms can join the same Call of Duty: Ghosts Clan.

codghosts_clanreg.jpg

Call of Duty: Ghosts Early Clan Registration is available right now.
If you’re currently a Call of Duty Elite Clan Leader, you can reserve your existing Elite Clan Name as your new Call of Duty: Ghosts Clan Name, and transfer your roster…assuming someone else doesn’t have the same name on the other console network and beats you to it. Clan Names are reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis, so it’s in your best interest to reserve your Call of Duty: Ghosts Clan Name sooner rather than later. The Call of Duty: Ghosts Early Clan Registration starts today and goes through October, 25, 2013, and you can take care of it here.

You don’t have to stay in your current Clan.
Once your Clan Leader has registered a new Call of Duty: Ghosts Clan Name, you will be automatically transferred into the new crew if the Clan Leader copies over the entire Clan Member roster – but you don’t have to stay. You still have the options  to join another Call of Duty: Ghosts Clan instead, or start your own, since anybody can reserve a new Clan Name during the Call of Duty: Ghosts Early Clan Registration, and then populate the Clan later. (You can send out invites to friends to join your Clan between now and the game’s launch; check the FAQ for details of how this works.)

Clans are far more integrated into the game itself now. 
“From the get-go, we didn’t want clans to feel distant from multiplayer, so we decided to integrate it into the game itself,” says Infinity Ward’s Senior Community Manager, Tina Palacios. “If you wanted to start a clan from in-game in Ghosts, you can do that. You can manage your clan from in-game, you can look at other clan profiles and your own clan’s profile through the game itself.” Palacios also revealed that there will be Clan-versus-Clan playlists in the game. ”It’s going to have MLG rules and it’s going to be 4-on-4 multiplayer,” she says. “I think fans are going to be really excited for that.”

codghosts_arctic.jpg

It takes (just) two to make a thing go right.
It’s tough to get an abundance of Clan Members online at the same time, playing in the same mode – with so many people living individual lives, it’s not even feasible for some Clans. But now, any time two or more members of the same Clan play together online, they’ll earn Clan XP and work toward unlocking stuff for the whole Clan. “If you have at least two members of your clan playing together, you get clan experience every single match,” confirms Beachhead Studios head John Linden. It’s a piece we’ve been working on with Infinity Ward. A lot of people are in small clans — two, three, four, five people. We didn’t want to penalize those clans.”

Clan communication will be simpler.
How do you get into the lobby together? The new Call of Duty app (see below) makes Clan chat fairly simple – send a note to all Clan Members whenever you like. Say you know you want to get folks together on Thursday night. Send a note out Monday to let them know, then when you get online Thursday, send a Rally Up notification, to let them know you’re jumping on, and they can join you. “It’s a simple feature, in general,” explains Linden. “I can see all my friends from my platform  or my clan and be able to just click four of five people, hit Rally Up, and it’s going to send a quick message to their device saying ‘John’s about to play; do you want to play?’ We’ve really focused on the communication side.”

Clan XP pays off through various rewards.
Some of the feedback I’ve heard was that people leveled up their Clans before, but didn’t really feel they got much for that effort. This time around in Call of Duty: Ghosts, Clan Members are able to level-up their Clan quicker, and additionally earn more rewards for doing so. “Every level, there are unlocks,” says Linden. “Most of them are things you can have in-game — backgrounds or calling cards or emblems that are specific to clans — as well as things in the app, so you can show off and customize the look and feel of your clan to other people. Every level, you get something.”

The new, free Call of Duty app makes everything easier.
With Call of Duty: Ghosts’ new Clan system comes the new Call of Duty app for mobile/tablet devices, which serves multiple functions. ”We’ve tried to make it a completely holistic experience,” says Linden. “Absolutely everything you can do with your clan can be done in the app.” You can send out those Clan Chat and “Rally Up” requests, edit your Clan Emblem, and do all the Clan Management stuff you like from the app. Clan Wars progress is tracked, the the Call of Duty app also works as a second-screen for pre-match squad editing, loadout swapping, and social media tie-ins (if you wanna brag). Plus, the personal stat-tracking stuff you remember from the previous Elite app is also there as well. The Call of Duty app will be a free download for select iOS, Android, and Windows 8 mobile devices when the game ships. (The existing Elite app will keep working with prior Call of Duty games, like MW3 and Black Ops II.)

codghosts_motel.jpg

The Call of Duty app’s Clan Wars  metagame adds another layer to your Ghosts multiplayer experience.
In Clan Wars, your Clan will be matched up against seven other Clans in a territory war that lasts two weeks. All you need to do to participate is be in a Clan, and play Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer – but you might find that playing Team Deathmatch gets you closer to taking control of a position on that Clan Wars territory map. If you continue to win at TDM, you’ll defend your territory, but know that the other Clans could be strong in TDM as well, and they could take control of that territory. Maybe that’s when you want to switch tactics and focus on Kill Confirmed or Domination multiplayer modes in Ghosts, which are tied to other parts of that Clan Wars territory map. Placing in the top three in a Clan War will give your Clan more rewards, both in-game, and in the new Call of Duty app. You can be as active or as passive in Clan Wars as you like; it’s there if you want to use it, and no problem if you don’t. “Every match you win in multiplayer will affect Clan Wars,” says Linden. “You can play as a clan, but you don’t have to play with your clan. If I played now and you played four hours later and we both had some wins, those wins are going to count toward our clan. It’s a way for you to play as a team, but not necessarily have to coordinate or play together to get that benefit.”

As I mentioned above, that’s not all the information that you’ll find in the official FAQ, so I’d urge you to give it a look and see if your questions are answered by it. What’s more, these quotes from John Linden and Tina Palacios are taken from this week’s podcast interview, which you can listen to here – they have more to say about early registration, emblem creation, the secret origins of Clan Wars, and more details about Clan Wars dynamics. But my takeaway is this: There’s a little housekeeping that needs doing, which leads to a lot of new functionality and a more meaningful and cohesive Clans experience with Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Depending on the size of clans we could kick some arse there.

Between byrnies ridiculous k/d, tks general all round arse kicking ability and the ability to confuse and amuse the opposition that al and I have we'll be awesome.

You can have up to 100 people in each clan, but the matches themselves will be 4 v 4.