You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Match Thread.

Same line up as Newcastle ? Unless we have any suspensions I don't know about....

My biggest concern here is set pieces. And Johnson needs to watch that Mirrallas like a hawk.

Least confident i've been about an anfield derby in a long time simply because of our inability to deal with high balls in the box.

We will fuck em 4 nil.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beating everton and finishing above them would prove a welcome, albeit modest, coda to a season of the ordinary.

Our win at Newcastle and their defeat at The Stadium of Fascists suggests that the tide may be in our favour, but we have been poor finishers to the season for years now and whether Rodgers has them chomping at the bit remains to be seen ( not in a luis sense obviously).

A draw looms.

anyway, back to the match thread.

i can't see what xerxes has said so wrong there. despite him being a raving lunatic in most other threads, he made a few vaild points.

he needs to get them bang up for this. we need a win over them to end the season on a good note.

Match Thread.

Same line up as Newcastle ? Unless we have any suspensions I don't know about....

My biggest concern here is set pieces. And Johnson needs to watch that Mirrallas like a hawk.

Least confident i've been about an anfield derby in a long time simply because of our inability to deal with high balls in the box.

We will fuck em 4 nil.

I wasn't feeling confident before last season's Anfield fixture. Think all the hype and build up over Moyes' decade in charge must have got to me. Thankfully again they didn't have the fight in them and Gerrard had the last word or 3.

We won't have the space or gaps we got against Newcastle and I reckon Moyes will try to rattle us physically.

Set pieces and crosses particularly with Baines reliable delivery is a concern to me as it has been all season. Need to be tight and close down crosses from wide areas or we'll end up dominating the game and then being undone by unchallenged crosses.

Draw or win pretty much guarantees finishing above us and Europe for them, the equivalent of a double for a big club. As such, I can't see them taking too many risks. They'll line up ten behind the ball and play for the break.

We need to rush them from the opening whistle.

Thought it was agreed Ezekiel should continue as the official thread starter after last weekend?

A tough game looms, the last derby seems so long ago and we were fucking robbed then.

Look at the positives, our GK, defence lost only 2 goals in 4 games, Henderson, Coutinho, Sturridge on form, Borini returning and of course Steven Gerrard.

Liverpool 3-1

Moyes will have them really pumped up for this. We don't normally react well to teams who really take the game to us. I hope our extra creativity and goal scoring prowess forces them to sit off us. 2-0 to the reds.

Both teams will be bang up for this. I don't expect a feast of great football but provided we get a fair run of the ball and no stupid red cards we will find a bit of extra class to come out on top .No fuck-ups from Pepe please

This could be a stormer of a game. I fancy some tasty tackles going in, maybe 2 red cards (thinking johnson and mirrallas might square up and johnno could possibly chin him).

I fully expect us to win but only by a single goal.

Come on redmen this is our opportunity to have a memorable moment to look back on as a season defining moment otherwise we'll be only be remembering all the shit storm continually surrounding Luis. We need this win more than ever.