You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

On 03/11/2023 at 15:23, Captain Willard said:

Today I am mostly eating fish and chips. 

IMG_2748.jpeg

French fries from Iceland served in a little bucket. Oil not up to temp in the fryer for the fish, which they've then sprinkled with dandruff. Lemon wrapped in a muslin bag. Hellman's mayo with a jar of gherkins nicked from a food bank, served in a gravy boat. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Trumo said:

French fries from Iceland served in a little bucket. Oil not up to temp in the fryer for the fish, which they've then sprinkled with dandruff. Lemon wrapped in a muslin bag. Hellman's mayo with a jar of gherkins nicked from a food bank, served in a gravy boat. 

Ha ha. It was actually very nice. 

26 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

This is what a client gave me for lunch the other day. I’m more an egg and cress sandwich, with a packet of crisps, man really but it hit the spot. 

Salmon with a ginger salsa.

Garlic mash.

Roasted vegetable salad.

Victoria sponge cake.

IMG_5737.jpeg

School dinners have improved 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Made a pork tenderloin wellington for tea tonight. Pork wrapped in Parma ham with onion and mushroom filling. Few veggies and roast potatoes and a whole grain mustard and honey sauce. ‘‘Twas lovely. 

IMG_0915.jpeg

IMG_0916.jpeg

The amount of empty space on that plate is pissing me off. 

3 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

The amount of empty space on that plate is pissing me off. 

Agreed mate, I would normally have  bigger portions and possibly a Yorkshire pudding but I took the grandkids to a food festival at lunchtime and had souvlaki and a cheese & spinach pie so I thought I’d better be good. 

23 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Agreed mate, I would normally have  bigger portions and possibly a Yorkshire pudding but I took the grandkids to a food festival at lunchtime and had souvlaki and a cheese & spinach pie so I thought I’d better be good. 

You’re forgiven.

4 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Griddle-panned rump from my local butcher. Rare, obvs. Baked potato, steamed green beans, leeks sautéed with chilli flakes and lemon juice. A nice Shiraz. Spiced rum with fresh lime and a double espresso to follow. Times. 

20231111_205114.jpg

20231111_210821.jpg

Looks bloody lovely that Redderz