You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scottish Independence, yay or nay?

Baltar

Never seen the police dig up someone's patio in a fraud case before. Strange, surely they don't think he's buried the money in the front garden? Anyway why have the police not searched Michelle Mone's house for the millions she took from the taxpayer? 

Here's Latest pics from Nicola Sturgeons back garden. 

20230406_002847.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Fugitive said:

It’s funny up here at the minute. It’s that fucked up, the leader of the Scottish Tories is telling people to vote for Labour to get rid of the SNP.

The world has gone fucking mental.

Labour & the tories have been in cahoots up here from one extent to another since The SNP started looking like winning power.

Just now, Mook said:

Labour & the tories have been in cahoots up here from one extent to another since The SNP started looking like winning power.

I find it insane, the politics up here is mad. 

The SNP basically scream independence and that’s their only policy they always get voted in but lost a referendum on their main policy and seem dodgy as fuck. The Tories just seem to mouth off all the time and Douglas Ross seems to be always on the news but everyone hates them and Labour are never talked about.

The NHS is better here, better childcare, free prescriptions, free uni but everything else just seems chaotic. It’s like people have no idea what they actually want and feel hard done to and have a massive chip on their shoulders which the SNP play on.

I honestly think a Labour government up here with all the perks we have would be great.

1 minute ago, Fugitive said:

The SNP basically scream independence and that’s their only policy they always get voted in but lost a referendum on their main policy and seem dodgy as fuck. The Tories just seem to mouth off all the time and Douglas Ross seems to be always on the news but everyone hates them and Labour are never talked about.

The NHS is better here, better childcare, free prescriptions, free uni but everything else just seems chaotic. It’s like people have no idea what they actually want and feel hard done to and have a massive chip on their shoulders which the SNP play on.

I honestly think a Labour government up here with all the perks we have would be great.

The NHS being 'better' isn't much to shout about. I don't know anyone who has had a GP appointment with an actual doctor since before Covid, that includes a bloke who had a lump on his face the size of Ben Nevis & has since had half his neck cut off due to cancer. The waiting times are also getting worse all the time. I'm not convinced all the free stuff is actually free either, taxation is high & has seen some recent jumps.

A lot of Nationalists have a chip on their shoulder but I don't think they're in the majority by any stretch of the imagination. Scottish people have never known what we want, we have been split down the middle for centuries & the last 20 years have only exacerbated that.

I would like nothing more than for a strong Labour up here to be doing well & putting The SNP back in their box but I'd be amazed if it happened any time soon. Maybe a seat or two at a time.

59 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

I think that pretty much covers it

Bloody hell. Playing out like a Greek tragedy this for Sturgeon. She was one of the worlds most prominent politicians only a few weeks ago now I wouldn't be surprised if the police said that camper van they searched was used for crystal meth. 

Today's Times.

20230419_185456.jpg

23 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Bloody hell. Playing out like a Greek tragedy this for Sturgeon. She was one of the worlds most prominent politicians only a few weeks ago now I wouldn't be surprised if the police said that camper van they searched was used for crystal meth. 

Today's Times.

20230419_185456.jpg

Always knew she was a wrong un. Legalising discrimination during Covid was a sure sign she was a bellend.

• 1 month later...

Well, shit:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65871857

Former First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has been arrested in connection with the ongoing investigation into the funding and finances of the SNP.

Police confirmed a 52-year-old woman was taken into custody as a suspect and is being questioned by detectives.

On 5 April, officers searched Ms Sturgeon's home and the party's headquarters in Edinburgh.

At the time they arrested husband Peter Murrell, former SNP chief executive, who was released without charge.

A luxury motorhome was also seized by police from outside the home of Mr Murrell's mother in Dunfermline. 

Almost two weeks later, SNP treasurer Colin Beattie was arrested and released without charge.

Mr Murrell and Mr Beattie were both treated as suspects and were taken into custody for the legally defined period of up to 12 hours of questioning before being released pending further inquiries.

Under the Criminal Justice (Scotland) Act 2016, police can release a suspect for further inves

A spokesman for Ms Sturgeon confirmed she was cooperating with the investigation.

He said: "Nicola Sturgeon has today, Sunday 11 June, by arrangement with Police Scotland, attended an interview where she was to be arrested and questioned in relation to Operation Branchform. 

"Nicola has consistently said she would cooperate with the investigation if asked and continues to do so."

38 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Regardless of their political competence I struggle to understand why a nation wouldn’t want to be self governing. 

That's a very simplistic way of looking at it. Breaking a political and financial union comes with a lot of ramifications.

The week before the referendum, the SNP were challenged on what currency we would use in the event of a Yes vote and were unable to provide a straight answer. Nobody in their right mind is voting for that.