You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

I don't see him as an improvement on downing. Mediocre shite for mediocre shite. Completely pointless and IMO the type if signing this committee is supposed to be protecting is from. We need to stop buying shit players and aim for ones who are better than we have. Lets hope the link is about as good as the majority this summer.

You don't see Moses as an improvement on Downing? Fuck me, have you seen anything of the 2? If his name was Mosesinho & was playing for some Spanish side, and cost 20 odd million you'd probably be creaming yourself. Transfer snob.

A centre half and someone to replace Downing (but obviously not as shite) should be realistic hopes between now and the end of the window.

I personally think that a midfield boss would be handy, someone who can really put it about and stop us getting bullied against the ale house teams in the league, but who can also play at the same time.

Liajic?

You are wasting your time. There is no chance we'll sign him.

Roma, Milan and Atletico are battling. I think he will be a Milan player, although Roma are claiming that they have agreed contract details with him.

We'll say "but we tried" again....

Why, we're on the up now, playing some attrctive stuff. Can give him a better offer too. We may have been down but certainly not out. This is Liverpool we're talking about, Catty, still a massive club by any standards.

Oh dear, that's some conspiracy theory.

Considering how 'brilliant' Spurs are, they're reeeeeally desperate for a couple more £30m signings this week.

But I thought Andros Townsend was brilliant?

Hate the cunts, hate Levy, just pure hate, dodgy as !@#$%^&* and needs investigating.

Yeah, now they know how we feel.

Do you not think that...

Top class left winger

Top central defender

Victor Moses on loan

Would make sense? Given that Borini seems as far away from the first team as ever and we're having to rely on players like Ibe, Moses would be a good option off the bench. If we lose Sturridge to injury (as per), it'd be nice to have somebody who has the pace to stretch defences - as Coutinho really seems to do well behind those players.

Borini!!!... I honestly don't know what Rodgers saw in this guy to have dropped 10 m on him. I doubt he will ever make it with us and the longer we keep him on the bench the more his confidence suffers. Rodgers needs to sort this one out soon ( sell or send him on a loan...or something).

Why the fuck would Chelsea give the Mancs Mata as part of the Rooney deal? Surely that's bullshit. Can't & don't want to believe that one.

why would they get rid of him at all as is rumoured? still their best player for me, think the teamsheet tomorrow night will be an indicator of whether its true or not

You don't see Moses as an improvement on Downing? Fuck me' date=' have you seen anything of the 2? If his name was Mosesinho & was playing for some Spanish side, and cost 20 odd million you'd probably be creaming yourself. Transfer snob.[/quote']

I remember having similar arguments on here when we signed downing funnily enough. He wasn't good enough then, but was being held up as "must be better than we have, he's player of the year at villa". And my view then was ok if it's a squad filler, but we're screwed if he's our top attacking signing and he was.

Seen plenty of both players to assess there's no discernible difference in quality. Rodgers has said we've done out squad filling and we're supposed to be trying to improve our first XI. Moses just won't do that.

Oh an btw, he's not English.

I remember having similar arguments on here when we signed downing funnily enough. He wasn't good enough then, but was being held up as "must be better than we have, he's player of the year at villa". And my view then was ok if it's a squad filler, but we're screwed if he's our top attacking signing and he was.

Seen plenty of both players to assess there's no discernible difference in quality. Rodgers has said we've done out squad filling and we're supposed to be trying to improve our first XI. Moses just won't do that.

Oh an btw, he's not English.

End of the day Downing was better than what we had - still not good enough but an improvement. If it is a choice between Downing and Moses, I am fine with that. Still could do better but again, a better player in the side/squad, however you want to look at it.

Oh !@#$%^&*

Bill Mills at The Sunday Mirror says Barca are in for Agger this week and whilst LFC have dismissed claims that a £7m bid would be enough to secure him, it's thought that £10m would be too tempting.

I'm scared.

Fear not for Agger. I'm sure he has given us his word that he's happy to stay. Barca will be spurned.

The fans moaning about Moses were probably the ones slagging off Sturridge and Coutinho before we signed them.

They just want a big name or for FSG to spend lots of money, when actually it should be not how much we spend, but how well we spend it.

who complained about countinho?

Aside from inter fans with their own management for letting him go?

The only complaints about Sturridge came on DURING the hours where we were losing an established world class centre forward that we really wanted to stay. Nobody complained when we signed him january as he was an improvement on having absolutely fucking nobody.

The only complaints about Sturridge came on DURING the hours where we were losing an established world class centre forward that we really wanted to stay. Nobody complained when we signed him january as he was an improvement on having absolutely fucking nobody.

There was a poll about Sturridge on here and many thought he wasn't the right player for us.