You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Given our womens team has traditionally been pretty poor you wonder where the emphasis is coming from to improve it? The owners or is it just the club themselves?

There was something on the BBC that they have knicked a few of Evertons players via higher salaries (I take it these are part time).

Does anyone know about the set up? Do they train at the academy? I thought they played at Marine's ground.

Given our womens team has traditionally been pretty poor you wonder where the emphasis is coming from to improve it? The owners or is it just the club themselves?

There was something on the BBC that they have knicked a few of Evertons players via higher salaries (I take it these are part time).

Does anyone know about the set up? Do they train at the academy? I thought they played at Marine's ground.

Something interesting is going on alright. In the last few months we have signed American and Icelandic internationals as well as this German. I would hazard a guess that FSG see this as a very inexpensive way to promote the club, ie make them successful for relative pittance and send them on tours to the states where ladies football is more than just tits and asses. Very clever strategy in fairness to them.

I concur No2, in particular I would assume this kind of thing plays well with the US market where a lot more women tend to be active in the sport at a young age.

Don't know if the below link will work but this sets out their what their managers aims are for the season and there is reference to backing from the Club and the Academy.

Matt Beard pre season interview!

There was something on the BBC that they have knicked a few of Evertons players via higher salaries

Going back several years to when we DID have a good ladies team, that's exactly what Everton did to us and they massively improved on the back of it while we went downhill.

So I'd like to say serves them right, but I actually don't give a fuck either way.

:biggrin: