You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Rodgers becoming a laughing stock?

Megadrive Man

I hope you're walking down the street one day and the ground opens up and you fall into a big pit.

A pit full of gary glitter fans who put a nappy on you and go to town on your shit covered hoop.

Have some respect you complete and utter bag of used tampons.

. Does your mum know you talk like this? I've read some bile on here but this is a new low.

Good players who were sometimes signed from lower league and given time to settle. I think the average time 'fans' give the new signings in 2013 is 113 minutes. Give or take a minute.

And then it's all over the Internet forums just how shit they are and how we should have signed player a' date=' b or c.[/quote']

Rambo is one of the best posters on here.

Good point mate, because Rodgers seems incapable of it.

He seems more intent of getting his ideology across than actually putting together a winning team. If you want a team to pull together and give 100%, then you have to get them to believe in yourself.

It's like watching my 6 YO son struggling with a puzzle and ignoring my advice.

The big mistake, as you know, was made last season, G.

Kenny should have been given another season, and now we could be judging whether we were going places with him or not.

If he had've failed this season, sacking him after two "unacceptable" seasons would have been a far more temperate and palatable move.

And perhaps one that would have allowed time to think more deeply about what to do next.

Instead, we went for a fourth manager in four years and set in motion a perpetuity that we have a new manager every season.

It's a fucking lottery now.

And a mess.

And I literally have no idea how to fix it.

FSG wouldn't have a clue either in my book.

The big mistake, as you know, was made last season, G.Kenny should have been given another season, and now we could be judging whether we were going places with him or not.

There was case for KK going, and an even stronger one that he should never have been given the permanent job in the first place.

But the cost of ditching him was £8m, factor in the Borini debacle and the Allen surcharge, then consider a season where we may modestly improve on the league, but with no cup success, and the move hardly looks like an unqualified success.

The big mistake, as you know, was made last season, G.

Kenny should have been given another season, and now we could be judging whether we were going places with him or not.

If he had've failed this season, sacking him after two "unacceptable" seasons would have been a far more temperate and palatable move.

And perhaps one that would have allowed time to think more deeply about what to do next.

Instead, we went for a fourth manager in four years and set in motion a perpetuity that we have a new manager every season.

It's a fucking lottery now.

And a mess.

And I literally have no idea how to fix it.

FSG wouldn't have a clue either in my book.

Just as a matter of interest what do you think kenny would have done with 25m in the summer?

Diame was supposedly a done deal

Who else would have come in?

Would charlie adam and andy carroll still have been stsrting games?

There was case for KK going, and an even stronger one that he should never have been given the permanent job in the first place.

But the cost of ditching him was £8m, factor in the Borini debacle and the Allen surcharge, then consider a season where we may modestly improve on the league, but with no cup success, and the move hardly looks like an unqualified success.

It doesn't need to be dressed up, Xerx.

As I said, it was a mistake.

Just as a matter of interest what do you think kenny would have done with 25m in the summer?

He may well have cooked his goose. But so be it. As I said, that failure could have been addressed now.

The money spent since he's left hasn't come close to setting the world on fire.

And as for Carroll, if Kenny had played him this season and he was coming close to his performance against Chelsea in the Cup Final, I'd have had no complaints.

And again, we could always have politely given Kenny the arse now, if Carroll and other things didn't come off two seasons running.

He may well have cooked his goose. But so be it. As I said, that failure could have been addressed now.

And as for Carroll, if Kenny had played him this season and he was coming close to his performance against Chelsea in the Cup Final, I'd have had no complaints.

And again, we could always have politely given Kenny the arse now, if Carroll and other things didn't come off two seasons running.

I wouldnt have had any problem with that.

Carrolls 8 goals this season could have won us 3 games and we d be fighting it out for 4th.

I also think this was a good time to give a new manager a go. Give him euro experience and a years grace.

We re more or less exactly where we were in the league this time last year. We havent gone back or forward. Obviously we havent done as well in cups but these owners care about competing for cl more than domestic cups in long run.

We ve gone nowhere in a year. Even the last 2 weeks performances smack of last season

Diame, Adam Johnson and Demba Ba would have been my guess, unless that clause in Ba's contract was just for teams in the CL. If it was then maybe he'd have gone for Texeira who we were linked with in the January window.

That Comolli interview that was posted on here a while back listed several players he claimed we were looking at, but I can't be arsed searching for it, and besides I don't know whether I'd believe him anyway.

I wouldnt have had any problem with that.

Carrolls 8 goals this season could have won us 3 games and we d be fighting it out for 4th.

I also think this was a good time to give a new manager a go. Give him euro experience and a years grace.

We re more or less exactly where we were in the league this time last year. We havent gone back or forward. Obviously we havent done as well in cups but these owners care about competing for cl more than domestic cups in long run.

We ve gone nowhere in a year. Even the last 2 weeks performances smack of last season

It also wouldn't have been out of place to give Kenny a chance to oversee the European campaign he earned for us.

But my speculating is bollocks and unconstructive now, I'll admit.

And doesn't change the frustrating and confusing situation we are in.

We ve gone nowhere in a year.

disagree, a year without progress is in effect going backwards. Each year finishing 7-9th solidifies the feeling that there is no way back. Serious inertia and complacency is setting in throughout the club.

Diame, Adam Johnson and Demba Ba would have been my guess, unless that clause in Ba's contract was just for teams in the CL. If it was then maybe he'd have gone for Texeira who we were linked with in the January window.

That Comolli interview that was posted on here a while back listed several players he claimed we were looking at, but I can't be arsed searching for it, and besides I don't know whether I'd believe him anyway.

Kagawa and Giroud were 2 of them, obviously wouldn't of happened and even if we did sign them judging by what they have done in their first seasons over here it would of been more sub-standard shite for us to watch.

And thank fuck we gave Adam Johnson a swerve, yet another half arsed happy to pick up a wage shithouse.

Kenny wouldn't of got us anywhere near the CL places this season, it would be nice to think he would of but in reality not a chance, he had the biggest transfer kitty in our history to help him get us up there and we actually went backwards in the league with our last half seasons form pure relegation material which is fucking mind blowing when you think about it without the rose tinted glasses on.

The players were clearly not interested in playing for him, even an FA Cup final they couldn't be fucked until for some reason Andy Carroll lifted them as soon as he came on, also tactically he was all over the place and in all honesty pretty clueless, regular beatings home and away by the dregs of the league, never as a Liverpool fan have i seen the team that gutless and pathetic as it was for that last half season, it really was a fucking disgrace and insulting to us fans.

Giving him more money would be like being stuck in the middle of nowhere having your hand chopped off and frantically trying to stick it back to your wrist with a plaster, just not going to work, the damage has been done, no matter how many plasters you try its fucked.

Surely though at some point Kenny must of thought 'Fucking hell what the fuck have we done with all that money, what were we fucking thinking?'...

99% of forum members here would of spent that money better, i wont ever get over 90 mill for, Carroll, Downing, Henderson, Adam, Coates and where Liverpool FC should of been if it was spent with sense, said it during last season that that splurge put us back years and it has, we are seeing the fallout right now from it and will do for sometime yet.

In hindsight i wish he had never of got the job or at least stepped aside at the end of his caretaker half season.

Kenny wouldn't of got us anywhere near the CL places this season, it would be nice to think he would of but in reality not a chance, he had the biggest transfer kitty in our history to help him get us up there and we actually went backwards in the league with our last half seasons form pure relegation material which is fucking mind blowing when you think about it without the rose tinted glasses on.

The players were clearly not interested in playing for him, even an FA Cup final they couldn't be fucked until for some reason Andy Carroll lifted them as soon as he came on, also tactically he was all over the place and in all honesty pretty clueless, regular beatings home and away by the dregs of the league, never as a Liverpool fan have i seen the team that gutless and pathetic as it was for that last half season, it really was a fucking disgrace and insulting to us fans.

Giving him more money would be like being stuck in the middle of nowhere having your hand chopped off and frantically trying to stick it back to your wrist with a plaster, just not going to work, the damage has been done, no matter how many plasters you try its fucked.

Surely though at some point Kenny must of thought 'Fucking hell what the fuck have we done with all that money, what were we fucking thinking?'...

99% of forum members here would of spent that money better, i wont ever get over 90 mill for, Carroll, Downing, Henderson, Adam, Coates and where Liverpool FC should of been if it was spent with sense, said it during last season that that splurge put us back years and it has, we are seeing the fallout right now from it and will do for sometime yet.

In hindsight i wish he had never of got the job or at least stepped aside at the end of his caretaker half season.

Vomit on my screen.

Ban yourself.

And nor has his replacement.

At this stage all that has been achieved is a danger of us being a-manager-a-season club.

While I am not convinced at all that Rodgers is the man for us, I want him to get another season if for no other reason than to arrest the manager-sacking culture that's developing.

It's not the most convincing reason to stand by him, but it's my reason.

However, I don't think he's nailed on safe in FSG's eyes. I think they're unpredictable, pretty clueless and I wouldn't put sacking Rodgers past them.

Which would just perpetuate what is becoming a vicious managerial cycle at the club.

As I said, I think it's a mess and could get worse.

And I hope I'm wrong.

You're screen with the Kenny desktop background, in you're bedroom with the Kenny posters and duvet covers, yeah i get it, denial really is one of the ugliest triats.

I am screen? I am bedroom?

What is a 'triat' you calamitous turd.

What you lack in humour you make up for in stupidity.

And nor has his replacement.

At this stage all that has been achieved is a danger of us being a-manager-a-season club.

While I am not convinced at all that Rodgers is the man for us, I want him to get another season if for no other reason than to arrest the manager-sacking culture that's developing.

It's not the most convincing reason to stand by him, but it's my reason.

However, I don't think he's nailed on safe in FSG's eyes. I think they're unpredictable, pretty clueless and I wouldn't put sacking Rodgers past them.

Which would just perpetuate what is becoming a vicious managerial cycle at the club.

As I said, I think it's a mess and could get worse.

And I hope I'm wrong.

Agree with you, its all a mess, all we can do is hope nowadays, high expectations or even reasonable expectations for this club now is fantasy land.

Rodgers is doing quite a shit job so far, the hope is starting to fade, need this season over with and have a good start next season hopefully.

I am screen? I am bedroom?

What is a 'triat' you calamitous turd.

What you lack in humour you make up for in stupidity.

You always know when you have got the better of an argument on the internet when the other person has to resort to typos you have made, that really is pathetic Coro, especially as it hasn't even got going and thats all you've got to throw back...

...Oh and the Silverlining insults, whats with the impressions of him? a calamitous turd? gotta say you got me there, cuts right to the bone that one, does anyone even talk like that in real life? you would get laughed out the pub talking that sort of shite.

You have such thin skin that any random criticism of Kenny by a stranger on the internet is like a personal insult to you, fucking weird stuff but there you go, strange world.

You have such thin skin that any random criticism of Kenny by a stranger on the internet is like a personal insult to you, fucking weird stuff but there you go, strange world.

Oh, it isn't random criticism it's a top level ignorance that you display, coated in an arrogance that stems from the anonymity that you take advantage of.

Don't take it as some sort of victory that your puke is impossible to reason with.

I'd rather mock your disabilities.

I agree with that, I don't think Kenny with Suarez available for a full season would have done any worse than Rodger's first season and we might well have been a bit closer to a European place. No certainty about it all obviously.

It would have also given FSG another season to see how Rodgers developed and if he'd made progress staying at Swansea another season we could have moved for him this summer with a bit more insight into his abilities.

Still too late now.

No surprises that the team is not giving its best for BR - they refused to give their best this time last season, for the greatest player who ever pulled on the red jersey.

Seriously, we need to flog half the team off, and start the rebuild again. Rodgers? To be fair, he's not a laughing stock, but equally, I don't think he brings a particularly novel or effective approach to the role of club savior - not that he's backed by an administration of balls.

I think one of the problems is, we don't exactly scream 'big club' to the football world anymore. Sure, the sentiment is there, but where's the shit hot name manager?? The stadium rebuild? The incoming stash of cash from increased gate receipts for the big name player hunting transfer kitty??? In other words, where's the spirit of "we know who we are, and we know what we want"??

No surprises that the team is not giving its best for BR - they refused to give their best this time last season, for the greatest player who ever pulled on the red jersey.

Seriously, we need to flog half the team off, and start the rebuild again. Rodgers? To be fair, he's not a laughing stock, but equally, I don't think he brings a particularly novel or effective approach to the role of club savior - not that he's backed by an administration of balls.

I think one of the problems is, we don't exactly scream 'big club' to the football world anymore. Sure, the sentiment is there, but where's the shit hot name manager?? The stadium rebuild? The incoming stash of cash from increased gate receipts for the big name player hunting transfer kitty??? In other words, where's the spirit of "we know who we are, and we know what we want"??

the starting point for that would be to appoint a manager who has some semblance of an idea what a big club looks like, how to spot a top player in substance and how you drill a team into the fine art of being defensively solid while also being an effective attacking force.