You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Baros out, Amoroso in???

Kurt

Lorenzo Sanz claims that if he wins the election he will bring Milan Baros, Tomas Rosicky and Maniche to Real Madrid... Dont know if there`s any truth in it, or just a coincidence that this story appears on the same day that Amoroso apparantly flies in to have talks with Liverpool. Anybody know something???

Sanz makes Baros pledge

Tuesday, 06 July 2004

by Mark Kendall

Real Madrid presidential candidate Lorenzo Sanz claims he has agreed deals to bring Milan Baros, Tomas Rosicky and Maniche to the club if he wins the club's forthcoming elections.

Sanz admitted he had not yet spoken to the clubs of either Baros (Liverpool) or Rosicky (Borussia Dortmund), but insisted he had received verbal agreements from the players themselves.

He stated, however, that he had approved a deal with both Porto, and the player himself, for Maniche.

"We were at the final of Euro 2004 and made important agreements with three players while we were there," Sanz informed a news conference.

"If we win the election, Maniche and Baros will be at the disposal of Real Madrid coach Jose Antonio Camacho from next Monday.

"Rosicky will be available to sign for the club in a year's time."

Agreements such as those announced by Sanz have become commonplace in presidential elections in Spain, indeed Sanz was ousted from the Real presidency in 2000 due in no small part to rival Florentino Perez's promise to bring Luis Figo to the Santiago Bernabeu.

It remains to be seen whether Liverpool would part with Baros following his outstanding displays at Euro 2004 where he finished top scorer with five goals.

Sanz is standing against Perez, and businessman Arturo Baldasano in Real's forthcoming elections.

Is this the same Amoroso who was having talks with Portsmouth and Bolton. Must be a wind up.

Can't see the club selling Baros. We have no need to... we are not a selling club, and selling our brightest prospects is something that Rafa will no doubt be vehemently opposed to.

Fair does, Baros doesn't want to sit on the bench next season.... but would he displace either Raul or Ronaldo at Madrid????

"When I return to Liverpool, I will talk with our new coach Rafael Benitez. He will tell me his view."

I think its a basic - do you want me (from baros) if you want me are you going to play me, if so i'll stay if not then i'm off.