You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What do you think?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• I strongly agree
    • I strongly disagree
    • I agree
    • I disagree
    • I am unsure.

What you would have made of the 70's and 80's , I shudder to think.

So they have been singing songs.............................

So you are fine with the racism too? Things move on, but some people don't. Obviously you are one of them, though I suspect that you just offer these stupid opinions in order to provoke reaction. I used to get the same from my children until they became teenagers and matured a bit.

I have to say, on the the crappy streams I was struggling with I didn't hear the Hillsborough stuff. I did hear the Heysel one - even the commentator started by pointing out "a bit of back-and-forth between the two sets of fans, Liverpool fans singing about their European Cups..." (He stopped short of pointing out what those sick cunts were singing about.)

The club has to do something about this. At the very least, they need to publicly complain to the FA and to MUFC, demanding an apology and action to punish the sick bastards. When that fails, then ban the pricks.

They should be banned from Anfield, I know a steward who works in the away end and they always ignore everything they tell them to do brcasue they are intent on causing shit. Also, it must be a logistical nightmare for the police covering the train stations and most areas of the ground prior to and after the game. It must cost a shitload to police. I doubt many people would shed a tear if they banned us from Old Trafford as it must be like the final scene from Black Hawk Down getting in and out of the ground past a load of scruffy mancs and cockneys.

• Upvote 1

Nah actually I'm not okay with that either. You can't make an allegation like that without any evidence to back it up. The onus is on you to back up what you say, not on me to disprove it.

So when you go on a public forum and spout lies and assassinate a person's character so need to be sure you can back up what you're saying.

Keep going.

I know xerxes is a bit of a bellend but I don't think association with him alone constitutes character assassination.

I was at the game and to be honest, apart from Murderers, I didn't hear any of the other stuff. In fact, I barely heard anything from them the whole game.

There were a couple of knobs by me yesterday shouting Munich, Without Crashing Aeroplanes We Won It 5 Times & Patrice Evra Picks Flies From His Eyes. They also threw a few paper aeroplanes at full time.

However, these were the minority & on the whole, we were well behaved. I've heard reasonably louds Munich or Shipman songs there in the past couple of years but yesterday it was only the odd prick.

Also, if we banned them them, they'd just point to the toilets getting wrecked & seats smashed.

I don't disagree that we should do it, however, we're also leaving ourselves open for being shot at.

I think we should be free, as a club, to decide who gets invited to Anfield and who doesn't.

I'm sick of them, just like I'm sick of the minority of our support as well. There's no room for this shite, there's kids in there, for fucks sake. Is it too much to think of a song to support your team? Is that asking too much? You fucking dickheads, go down to Millwall with your fake-cunt behaviour, let's see how fucking mouthy you are then.

Firstly, this has nothing to do with the result today, nor does it have anything to do with my general disdain for them.

Again, today, they were singing disgraceful songs; as the cameras weren't focused on them, as they were earlier in the season, they really let their hair down and "always the victims" and "The sun was right, you're murderers" got sustained and loud airings.

I do not think any Liverpool fans should be subjected to this absolute cuntery and we, as a club, should no longer tolerate it. That's without getting into the rest of their despicable one-upsmanship about the death of 39 people.

They're not going to do anything about it and I see no reason why we should put up with it any more.

My take on this is always the same. I don't think trying to control what they sing is realistic or pracitcal. The best way to deal with it is just to let them hang themselves. That does however rely on the media commenting on what we can all hear loud and clear from 40 odd thousand people and not ignoring what is going on.

I was proud of our away support yesterday. They refused to take the bait in the face of deliberate concerted provocation and didn't stoop to the level of death banter.

Our section belted out YNWA and what did they respond with? Do they celebrate their win with dignity and pride in their own club? No, they ape the generic 'Sign on' . As the seconds ticked down, two one up against their historic rivals, one of the the rare games they get up for all season and 'sign on' is all they can muster. Embarrassing and small time.

So you are fine with the racism too? Things move on, but some people don't. Obviously you are one of them, though I suspect that you just offer these stupid opinions in order to provoke reaction. I used to get the same from my children until they became teenagers and matured a bit.

Making a spurious claim,as you have, to then debunk it, is brainless tabloid stuff.

The only thing stupid is your faux outrage. We dish it out, we can take it- obviously not if you are sitting on your lounge sofa with a jester hat on.

I am not condoning the mancs baiting. My own view is that if they ( or any other set of fans) want to belittle themselves, that is their call.

What amuses me is those who have been so seduced by the sanitised Sky world that they want to ban opposition supporters for saying nasty things. And i am always wary of those who set themselves up as moral guardians.

We didn't sing anything yesterday, there was, as always the odd knob - but they were shouts and gestures, their whole ground sang Murdurers, and Always the Victims.

We, as a whole did exactly the right thing - don't respond and they will start racheting up their bile.

Making a spurious claim,as you have, to then debunk it, is brainless tabloid stuff.

The only thing stupid is your faux outrage. We dish it out, we can take it- obviously not if you are sitting on your lounge sofa with a jester hat on.

I am not condoning the mancs baiting. My own view is that if they ( or any other set of fans) want to belittle themselves, that is their call.

What amuses me is those who have been so seduced by the sanitised Sky world that they want to ban opposition supporters for saying nasty things. And i am always wary of those who set themselves up as moral guardians.

you have to have a legal reason to ban them, ok, disorderly behavoir, or singing songs likely to incite a riot, but they would still get in the ground anyway,the only way bullying cowards get any satisfaction is when there is a reaction, otherwise there songs are pointless

We didn't sing anything yesterday, there was, as always the odd knob - but they were shouts and gestures, their whole ground sang Murdurers, and Always the Victims.

We, as a whole did exactly the right thing - don't respond and they will start racheting up their bile.

Exactly - no en masse 'death banter' responses ( there's always be a few without the brains to latch on) and let them and the media put themselves to shame.

That whole club and almost everything about them is fucking vile and I reckon thats the opinion I would hold no matter who I supported, infact even as a young child before I even gave a fuck about football and didn't know anything about the rivalry I hated them as it was obvious they were all a set of arrogant gobshites

I bet there was probably at least a 6:1 ratio for the songs they sang about us compared to the ones about themselves yesturday and how they get away with the majority of the singing sections bellowing out "always the victim" and "without killing anyone" at EVERY game is beyond belief, we'd get slaughtered if even a minority sang about Munich in one game and rightly so, so fuck knows how they get away with it

I don't give a fuck about not having the rivalry anymore, nothing would make me happier than that club going bust

Their problem is that they haven't been criticised so hypocrisy is never recognised, it is the same with Ferguson - he is never pulled on his cheating, so he doesn't believe that he has done anything wrong.

I think they genuinely believe that we sing about Munich, Shipman etc and they don't sing anything that is wrong. When we respond they get exactly what they want and the focus is never on their behaviour.

censorship never works and usually leads to more problems than it solves ie; other clubs jumping on the bandwagon, tottenham and people with anti jewish sentiments, once you start banning people it opens up a whole can of worms.

I was asked once who I hate more: Everton or Man United. I answered Man United, and the reason I gave was that when they played each other in the FA Cup semis back in 2009 a few days after the 20th anniversary of Hillsborough, one set of fans chanted 'justice for the 96', the other lot booed.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Everton and would love nothing more than to see tham slip down the divisions, but I absolutely detest Man United and everything they stand for; the supporters, the mentality, the culture of the club. Everything about them is truly deplorable and I hate the way now so many neutrals seem to be up their arse as if they're the antithesis to sugar daddy clubs of City and Chelsea. Everything that is wrong about modern football, they pioneered first: the removal of 'football club' from your badge to make yourself more appealing as a 'brand', the shameless and nauseating self-promotion when you really have nothing to shout about (it's one of the reasons why Sturridge's recent comments about being the biggest club in the league didn't bother me because if they have no qualms throwing that sort of stuff out there through a similar title drought to the one we're suffering and while even being in the second division, I see no problem with one of our players saying something similar).

I remember reading Chelsea being described as the Patrick Bateman of football on here and I think the same is equally true of them. Fair enough, they have a history and tradition which far exceeds Chelsea's, but I mean in the mentality of their supporters. Winning and being the best is simply not enough- they have to rub everybody else's noses in. 'We're the best, you're shit- ha ha ha ha'. Taking Eric Cantona masks to Crystal Palace, singing songs about your rivals when you're not playing them, banners on the Stretford End counting how many years it's been since your neighbours last won a trophy, cut and keep KKK Suarez masks on the front of a popular fanzine- shit like that is woven into the fabric of their support.

I've kind of gone on far longer than I'd have liked to here, but I absolutely despise the cunts. An absolutely vile and disgusting football club.

• Upvote 1

I was asked once who I hate more: Everton or Man United. I answered Man United, and the reason I gave was that when they played each other in the FA Cup semis back in 2009 a few days after the 20th anniversary of Hillsborough, one set of fans chanted 'justice for the 96', the other lot booed.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Everton and would love nothing more than to see tham slip down the divisions, but I absolutely detest Man United and everything they stand for; the supporters, the mentality, the culture of the club. Everything about them is truly deplorable and I hate the way now so many neutrals seem to be up their arse as if they're the antithesis to sugar daddy clubs of City and Chelsea. Everything that is wrong about modern football, they pioneered first: the removal of 'football club' from your badge to make yourself more appealing as a 'brand', the shameless and nauseating self-promotion when you really have nothing to shout about (it's one of the reasons why Sturridge's recent comments about being the biggest club in the league didn't bother me because if they have no qualms throwing that sort of stuff out there through a similar title drought to the one we're suffering and while even being in the second division, I see no problem with one of our players saying something similar).

I remember reading Chelsea being described as the Patrick Bateman of football on here and I think the same is equally true of them. Fair enough, they have a history and tradition which far exceeds Chelsea's, but I mean in the mentality of their supporters. Winning and being the best is simply not enough- they have to rub everybody else's noses in. 'We're the best, you're shit- ha ha ha ha'. Taking Eric Cantona masks to Crystal Palace, singing songs about your rivals when you're not playing them, banners on the Stretford End counting how many years it's been since your neighbours last won a trophy, cut and keep KKK Suarez masks on the front of a popular fanzine- shit like that is woven into the fabric of their support.

I've kind of gone on far longer than I'd have liked to here, but I absolutely despise the cunts. An absolutely vile and disgusting football club.

Must spread, but great post.

They're like the school bully who runs around winding everyone else up and when they get a bit back they run to the teacher screaming and shouting about how unfairly they've been treated. Hence why some of them were getting on the defensive yesterday and making up shit about our fans supposedly spitting at disabled fans after Lipton had called them out on it when there was and still is no evidence to the contrary.

They never get pulled up on their behaviour. Ever. I've been watching their last few games and they were giving the murderers and sign on shit a lot and it led up to that yesterday.

Vile twats.

Firstly, this has nothing to do with the result today, nor does it have anything to do with my general disdain for them.

Again, today, they were singing disgraceful songs; as the cameras weren't focused on them, as they were earlier in the season, they really let their hair down and "always the victims" and "The sun was right, you're murderers" got sustained and loud airings.

I do not think any Liverpool fans should be subjected to this absolute cuntery and we, as a club, should no longer tolerate it. That's without getting into the rest of their despicable one-upsmanship about the death of 39 people.

They're not going to do anything about it and I see no reason why we should put up with it any more.

Kev, I said this after their shit house display after the game at Anfield. There is no fucking way that parents and family of the 96 should have to sit through their disgusting chants. It is a duty of the club to ban the horrible bastards from Anfield indefinitely.

It's not like it's the minority singing that bile either. There was a large majority of them singing their shit again yesterday. Men in their 40's accompanied by kids singing it. They must be really proud of their Dad's. Fucking scum every one of them. I just don't think we make enough of it. Banning them would bring the publicity that it deserves. If it was the other way around we would have been hung, drawn and quartered for it.

• Upvote 1

My personal favourite chant of theres is “Where’s your famous Munich song”. They actually chant that at us in an effort to make us react. It must make Bobby Charlton sick up in the stands listening to his own fans singing that.

As others have said, it’s not the rose tinted glasses thing, but they truly are deplorable fans. When Lipton made reference to the chanting on twitter last night, the amount of them that used the excuse that it wasn’t about Hillsborough but about Heysel was amazing. And I’ve heard this many times. They actually think its ok to sing about one set of dead fans, because it wasn’t about Hillsborough. I took it up with one fella and he shit out of it pretty quick and said he agreed, but so many just can’t see anything wrong with their “won it 3 times” chant. It really is quite amazing.

However, when it comes down to it, I wouldn’t ban them from Anfield. They’d just ban us from OT so it’d just get petty. Also, there are decent Manc fans who love the hatred but don’t get into those Hillsborough chants and are just as disgusted as we are. The work that should be done is to show them that the Heyel stuff is just as unacceptable, as even in the press there seems to be a level of acceptance that this is ok, as long as it’s not about Hillsborough. Both types of chants are as bad as each other.

However, when it comes down to it, I wouldn’t ban them from Anfield. They’d just ban us from OT so it’d just get petty. Also, there are decent Manc fans who love the hatred but don’t get into those Hillsborough chants and are just as disgusted as we are.

Exactly.

Hysteria over.

It is up to the club who they let into the ground, and who they refuse entry to....So no problem in law there..

You can almost certainly say that if one chant saying "Evra is a black c**t" then the FA would have had a complaint on their desk, first thing in the morning. Trouble is nothing will be done until the pissed up old fart Ferguson goes.

Also,you can certainly say, that if Munich never happened Scum fans will still sing the sme songs, but the media and such would not have the love affair they have with The Scum.

However, when it comes down to it, I wouldn’t ban them from Anfield. They’d just ban us from OT so it’d just get petty. Also, there are decent Manc fans who love the hatred but don’t get into those Hillsborough chants and are just as disgusted as we are.

Don't see many of them complaining to the matters that be about the chants