You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don

Thought he'd be a good signing for us. Went tits up when atkinson sent him off in his first game for a nothing tackle.

Lots of people slag him off because he was on big wages and manager's deciding not to play him.

Hope it works for him back at whu.

Thought he'd be a good signing for us. Went tits up when atkinson sent him off in his first game for a nothing tackle.

Lots of people slag him off because he was on big wages and manager's deciding not to play him.

Lots of people slag him off because of his attitude, theres a reason managers decided not to play him. Ive got no problem players coming on big wages as long as they work hard & show the right attitude. Suppose you window lickers must stick together tho.

Always thought he comes across as a decent fella.

But I think hes just patently past it as an athlete.

I reckon he might just have a wee bit in his locker if you give him a completely free role devoid of needing to do any actual work on the pitch other than get into the box.

But unless you're willing to accomodate him like that hes about as useful as a treestump.

Always thought he came across as a likeable bloke but the Swansea league cup match a few weeks ago - when he was subbed at half time - I could have quite cheerfully walked onto the pitch and punched him in the face.

I also thought it would work out and you can't blame 18 months of playing like a bloke with no legs on one sending off. Turned out to be one of the worst signings we ever made. Didn't Rafa kick off when he was told to sign him? Turns out the bloke was right.

He came in, sat on his arse and took millions from the club. He smoked and showed no desire to give it up and try and get fit and at least pay any of that back to the fans. I dont feel sympathy for him at all nor do I wish him luck.

Good riddance.

He came in, sat on his arse and took millions from the club. He smoked and showed no desire to give it up and try and get fit and at least pay any of that back to the fans. I dont feel sympathy for him at all nor do I wish him luck.

Good riddance.

Can't argue with that Robbie. I certainly don't wish him all the best. he doesn't need any of our best wishes after taking millions from the club for doing fuck all.

Guest San Don

Good riddance.

Say what!?

That's totally the opposite of what dalglish and rodgers have said (sat on his arse and showed no desire) about him so, I dont know how you formulate that opinion.

He spent a season on loan elsewhere, If he wanted to 'sit on his arse' and had no desire to get fit, why would he go out on loan for a season?

Silly, childish comments robbie as well as being inaccurate.

I really have no problem with Joe Cole.

It just did not work out for him here, good luck at West Ham.

Well, that doesnt happen by accident. And didnt he play under 3 different managers? I have no idea what he was like on the training ground but from what I saw he wasnt fit enough and wasnt good enough

Add in the small matter of his wages (admittedly not his fault), I stand by my original comment