You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2016-17 Predictions

So, we've got Klopp for a full season (and the pre-season he's been talking about for months) and we've strengthened our options at the back and added pace and goals up front.

I don't think it's over-optimistic to hope for a 12-point improvement on last season..I don't know whether 72 points will get us anywhere, but it might.

3rd. I think the players he's bought are hard working types who'll be more team work orientated than individually minded. We'll fall just short due to a fuck load of shitty decisions and for the PL wanting to protect its 'brand' and allowing the red mancs to win under shitcoat.

• Downvote 1

So, we've got Klopp for a full season (and the pre-season he's been talking about for months) and we've strengthened our options at the back and added pace and goals up front.

I don't think it's over-optimistic to hope for a 12-point improvement on last season..I don't know whether 72 points will get us anywhere, but it might.

Would agree with this

No Europa so I could see c70 pts being realistic

Elsewhere, I'm convinced the Hodge will be in charge of Palace by Christmas when this summer's outlay is not reflected on the pitch and Pardew gets the boot. He's had 50 games there, and it usually goes downhill for him after a season, statistically.

I'm nervous about offering a prediction. The last time I did it Captain said he couldn't take my posts seriously. I tried to show my working and pointed out areas where I thought we had improved. Still, this was met with being called delusional, not once, but 2-3 times towards the end of the transfer ball ache thread before it was closed. I was taken aback by that, so rather than offer an insult in return, I suggested that calling someone delusional was too strong a word, given that fans tend to vote with their heart a bit, and besides, we are approx. 9/1 for the league, so hardly no-hopers.

In the spirit of building bridges with a fellow red who, for some reason, seemed to object to me on this forum, even to the point of saying, "I pulled you up on this before", I asked Captain if he wanted to retract the delusional comment, as after all, we all say stuff that maybe on reflection we might prefer to have not said.

Captain dug his heels in and said he would not, and reaffirmed that he thinks I am delusional.

I took a few days away from the forum reflecting on all this. Liverpool FC is one of the great loves of my life. It shouldn't be, as its only a game, but for whatever reason it is deep within my bones. When I left England 8 years ago I wondered if it would fade, but it hasn't, not one bit. I have posted on here for years, and one of the things I most enjoy is the sense of connection it gives me to my roots, all centred around the club we love and support.

After a short period of reflection I decided to carry on regardless on here. But I will have my say, and here it is:

I believe Captain is an arrogant, condescending tit.

I looked through some of his posts to get a feel, and saw nothing but bland and vanilla. His prediction is that we will finish 5th-6th. Well done! Must have been hard to come up with that...

I have been nothing but respectful to my fellow posters on here, but I see nothing wrong in sticking up for myself right now, because I feel I have been unfairly treated by some no-mark on here.

I know the game and I played the game at a decent level. My opinion is just as valid as anyone's opinion on here.

Captain, you are an arrogant, condescending tit.

Oh, and we are going to win the league.

• Upvote 5

I'm nervous about offering a prediction. The last time I did it Captain said he couldn't take my posts seriously. I tried to show my working and pointed out areas where I thought we had improved. Still, this was met with being called delusional, not once, but 2-3 times towards the end of the transfer ball ache thread before it was closed. I was taken aback by that, so rather than offer an insult in return, I suggested that calling someone delusional was too strong a word, given that fans tend to vote with their heart a bit, and besides, we are approx. 9/1 for the league, so hardly no-hopers.

In the spirit of building bridges with a fellow red who, for some reason, seemed to object to me on this forum, even to the point of saying, "I pulled you up on this before", I asked Captain if he wanted to retract the delusional comment, as after all, we all say stuff that maybe on reflection we might prefer to have not said.

Captain dug his heels in and said he would not, and reaffirmed that he thinks I am delusional.

I took a few days away from the forum reflecting on all this. Liverpool FC is one of the great loves of my life. It shouldn't be, as its only a game, but for whatever reason it is deep within my bones. When I left England 8 years ago I wondered if it would fade, but it hasn't, not one bit. I have posted on here for years, and one of the things I most enjoy is the sense of connection it gives me to my roots, all centred around the club we love and support.

After a short period of reflection I decided to carry on regardless on here. But I will have my say, and here it is:

I looked through some of his posts to get a feel, and saw nothing but bland and vanilla. His prediction is that we will finish 5th-6th. Well done! Must have been hard to come up with that...

I have been nothing but respectful to my fellow posters on here, but I see nothing wrong in sticking up for myself right now, because I feel I have been unfairly treated by some no-mark on here.

I know the game and I played the game at a decent level. My opinion is just as valid as anyone's opinion on here.

Vicar-dads-army-e1463496630947-700x537.j

• Upvote 1

Now you know how I feel, I get called delusional

about things I've been right about.Also your right about Captain, he's a prick.

6th

• Downvote 1