You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

The speaker is a twat. He should be ordering the PM to answer direct questions. He blatantly ignored Blackford who again said "Please answer a direct question". This is theft. Theft of our taxes, theft of our livelihood, theft of our wealth and theft of our capacity to live the life we deserve. All stolen by a party of self-serving liars lead by a charlatan, a philanderer and a scumbag. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

He pretty much did, didn't he.

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/keir-starmer-opposes-annexation-but-refuses-to-be-drawn-on-sanctions/

Leaders of most of the other parties have also said similar.

What do they mean 'drawn on sanctions' what power does Starmer have to impose any? 

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm sure he could have an opinion on whether or not he thinks sanctions should be considered. If he becomes PM, it will be his decision, after all.

Its not his position to give that opinion if the government haven't committed to any. He did the right thing.

The PM should be the one being pressed on this. Mind you, asking him a question.... 

He is absolutely right to oppose annexation though because, humanity etc. If the world stands by and lets Israel get away with this then it would indicate that they have a bigger influence than people are allowed to bring into question. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Its not his position to give that opinion if the government haven't committed to any. He did the right thing.

Well, 127 British politicians signed a letter to the government urging them to consider sanctions, including Labour MPs Margaret Hodge, Seema Malhotra and Stephen Kinnock, as well as Lib Dem leader Ed Davey and former Tory chair Chris Patten. So, no, I don't think it would be unreasonable for him to adopt a position.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Well, 127 British politicians signed a letter to the government urging them to consider sanctions, including Labour MPs Margaret Hodge, Seema Malhotra and Stephen Kinnock, as well as Lib Dem leader Ed Davey and former Tory chair Chris Patten. So, no, I don't think it would be unreasonable for him to adopt a position.

He has adopted a position. He has said he is opposing it. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Have you? What are your thoughts on it? 

I'm quite clear that sanctions should be considered. Since I supported measures being taken against Russia for annexing Crimea, I wouldn't be being consistent if I didn't support similar measures being taken against Israel in the event that it too annexes bits of another country.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

He hasn't adopted a position on whether sanctions should be considered.

He's obviously backing Lisa Nandy, the Shadow Foreign Secretary, on backing sanctions. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/27/lisa-nandy-leads-calls-for-sanctions-on-israel-over-west-bank-annexations

Nandy’s proposal, backed by Keir Starmer, is a significant toughening of Labour’s policy on Israel. In the 2019 manifesto, the party merely called for a diplomatic solution.

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

He's obviously backing Lisa Nandy, the Shadow Foreign Secretary, on backing sanctions. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/27/lisa-nandy-leads-calls-for-sanctions-on-israel-over-west-bank-annexations

Nandy’s proposal, backed by Keir Starmer, is a significant toughening of Labour’s policy on Israel. In the 2019 manifesto, the party merely called for a diplomatic solution.

Well there you go then. So we don't need to "imagine Keir Starmer" doing anything.

14 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm quite clear that sanctions should be considered. Since I supported measures being taken against Russia for annexing Crimea, I wouldn't be being consistent if I didn't support similar measures being taken against Israel in the event that it too annexes bits of another country.

Good to see. 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Because he's already done it. Despite M_B implying that he wouldn't be allowed to get away with it. The standard "you can't criticise Israel" nonsense.

Its not nonsense though is it? 

Seriously, Israel, it's fucking toxic, let Johnson and the Tories speak to it if they want.

Labour shouldn't touch it, ever.  And that goes both ways, so if Palestine throw bombs at schools in retaliation, don't expect any comment condemning it.  November will hopefully see change in America, where support of Israel isn't a given, and Labour can then consider how to approach the issue, if they want, knowing that there is no longer a bear-trap on the issue that can do any damage. 

Cowardly?  Yes, a bit.

Correct?  Yes, politically, in this climate, the game rules have been set by the far right. 

At some point, the theatre of Toryism will have to end by their own hand. 

A No Deal Brexit is now 6 months away.  The country will wake-up on the cellar-floor, so to speak.  

The entire Brexit idea has been based on one thing alone; maintaining the UK's hold as being the ring-leader in tax evasion and dark money flowing through those havens.  The UK helps fund terrorism against the UK, we are perhaps the most dangerous country on Earth as a result of the ills that happen as a result of the God-complex of the City of London corporation. 

As such, it's little wonder that Gove and Johnson care little about your pathetic hospitals, or that you 'think' it's unfair you work 40 hours a week all your life and can't afford a modest house in your own country, or save enough for a pension.  Instead, they will cultivate your feeling of unfairness, and repackage it for you, and sell it back to you as 'blame immigrants for your shit life', or 'we are borrowing too much, think of your kids'.  And therein we see the bluster in PMQs, the theatre, the bollocks that hides the truth from the people that think these sociopaths care for them.

Con-men in charge of government, who'd have thought that the best and most sociopathic con-men in the country would be attracted to politics, a place where they can make their own rules, their own laws, and do ANYTHING they want to become multi-millionaires, and make connections for life with billionaires, to the point their families are going to be affluent for eternity. 

Who'd of thought that the very worst of society would step forward, get a blue rosette of approval in exchange for their obedience to greed, and coast their way to positions of leadership in the UK?  Of course they did, like flies around shit, look at them all.  Not just at national level but regional level, the councillors, all vying to be the next in line for a go at it.   

Like a factory line of fascist scumbags, all with the blessing of the right wing press, and the considerable right-wing elements of our society.  The racist old men over 50.  The football wankers in their 20's and 30's.  The ex and serving military.  The police.

Then there's the other sycophants; the business-community, the Chambers of Commerce, the banks, the public school system.  

The Dan Walker's sat on the BBC Breakfast couch.  The smug white middle-aged male with the nice lawn and the tidy car and the golf clubs.  

And where does that leave Labour?  

Fucked, unless it grabs some of them back, and yes, that requires lying.  

There is a growing movement among young people which is strong with Toryism, it's something I notice more and more on Twitter, where there is a manufactured movement of right-wing kids, and it's no coincidence it has happened in the last 2 years to counter the growing trend of youngsters to vote Labour.  

23 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Because he's already done it. Despite M_B implying that he wouldn't be allowed to get away with it. The standard "you can't criticise Israel" nonsense.

Yeah fair enough, I thought any similar criticism by Starmer would draw calls of anti-semitism. Looks like I was wrong. Wonder if that makes me antisemitic?

13 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Seriously, Israel, it's fucking toxic, let Johnson and the Tories speak to it if they want.

Labour shouldn't touch it, ever.  And that goes both ways, so if Palestine throw bombs at schools in retaliation, don't expect any comment condemning it.  November will hopefully see change in America, where support of Israel isn't a given, and Labour can then consider how to approach the issue, if they want, knowing that there is no longer a bear-trap on the issue that can do any damage. 

Cowardly?  Yes, a bit.

Correct?  Yes, politically, in this climate, the game rules have been set by the far right. 

Oh they were trying to rope Starmer into something to suit their agenda. Plain as day. He was too clever for that.